spoiler Times are a changeling preview

TheAnimatorOfficial

So that's what a changeling sounds like.

Cool.

Definitely looking forward to this episode.

It looks like it could be another great example of Spike's character, be heartwarming, and cute at the same time.

Plus hopefully we can get some more lore on changelings. :D

CJlO22H.png

The changeling voice is both surprising and unsurprising. Surprising in that you don't expect dark creatures associated with Queen Chrysalis and feed off of love to to sound so silly and approachable. Unsurprising though because I know this changeling, unlike his comrades is trying to be good and gain acceptance from others. Kinda defangs the whole scary despicable love suckers aura changelings have.

Who knows? Maybe Thorax was the Changeling we saw in Slice of Life at Cranky and Matilda's wedding.

full.png

• Brohoof 2

Would've preferred The Thorax ( :P ) to be mute, but that's just me. Objectively, this is a very sound preview of what may hopefully be a great dynamic and good episode. S6 has crawled in mediocrity lately; a good episode may help break it out of their funk.

But what if it turns out to be a dud and fails?

With the way things had been going (especially some shoddy characterization from the Mane Six) recently, I am starting to get worried about the possibility of S6 becoming one of the worst seasons that FiM has ever had.

A nice changeling. I wait for the moment that ALL changelings are misunderstood and Celestia is to blame for a mistake.

This would be true fan pandering. :awuh:

But what if it turns out to be a dud and fails?

I hope not. Spike's characterization's improved a lot since Princess Spike and is one of this season's strengths. A dud (especially if one of the reasons is him being dumb, a buttmonkey, or both) will make many apply "seasonal rot" on the show.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

"Talent is a pursued interest." — Bob Ross

Pro-Brony articles: 1/2/3/4

Oh, this episode is just getting better and better. Though, the fact that Thorax sounds like Starburst makes me want a scene where the two of them are in the same room and speak in tandem. 

MLPForums "Self-Proclaimed" Kamen Rider Nut
Now, count up your sins!
I do Traditional commissions, by the way! See them HERE!

post-8308-0-43031100-1429818502.png

Banner was done by the wonderful Kyoshi.

After seeing the preview I'm really excited for this week's episode. It's awesome seeing the Changeling talk and I like the name he has. All in all I'm really looking forward to the new episode this weekend. :)

This might just be my favorite teaser clip of the entire season so far. I'm really looking forward to this. :D

The changeling voice is both surprising and unsurprising. Surprising in that you don't expect dark creatures associated with Queen Chrysalis and feed off of love to to sound so silly and approachable. Unsurprising though because I know this changeling, unlike his comrades is trying to be good and gain acceptance from others. Kinda defangs the whole scary despicable love suckers aura changelings have.

Who knows? Maybe Thorax was the Changeling we saw in Slice of Life at Cranky and Matilda's wedding.

sig-4641349.sig-4641249.full.png

Thorax could also be the Changeling that was flying toward the Crystal Empire in the final seconds of The Crystalling.

sig-4641349.maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 2

img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-

Signature by Kyoshi

New head canon: Chrysalis added the metallic, robotic effect to her voice to make herself seem more threatening. I mean, as we saw the changelings have voice mimicry abilities, it would also make sense that they could adapt their voices in other ways. Since Thorax has a normal voice, this would lead me to believe that all changelings are born with voices that sound just like a pony's, but they can manipulate their voice to be more unusual if desired.

• Brohoof 1

sig-33250.06qBwXQ.jpg

Signature by the ever-awesome Overdrive!

Pinki Pie FTW! :pinkie:

Still, I'm quite concerned if that Changeling is really another character in disguise. Of course, Changelings can transform into another character, if you learned that in "A Canterlot Wedding Part 2".

I thought Thorax was a girl  :huh:

I always heard Spike say "And he's my friend" when he was pleading his case to the Cadence, Sunburst, and the guards, even though I realize some heard it as "she." I'm not surprised Thorax has a male voice.

MLPForums-Sig-Big-PostWings.png.ebb68bfa0f585530189d346fe5e6c812.png
Are you a Spike fan? Click on the image above for a compendium of nearly every Spike scene in the show! =D

I can't believe the changeling have a voice in this episode, and his name is "Thorax"! :P Also, that voice I hear from him is likely Sunburst's voice (Ian Hanlin).

"Don't worry, he's not that bad and won't harm." ~Allen

Princess Twilight Sparkle always do legendary stuff with magic in Equestria. Time to blast from the past.
img-25397-1-post-8308-0-57732400-1422393

~Allen
The V.I.P., The Legendary

At least we now know changelings can talk.

We've known this since A Canterlot Wedding

"They're Changelings, remember?"

That wasn't just the Changelings mimicking Twilight's voice, that was then doing so mockingly

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

YouTube | FiMFic

I always heard Spike say "And he's my friend" when he was pleading his case to the Cadence, Sunburst, and the guards, even though I realize some heard it as "she." I'm not surprised Thorax has a male voice.

Funny, I've always heard as "SHE'S my friend"  :lol:

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

This episode I have been waiting to see for a long time. I'm honestly surprised it has taken them so long to bring the Changelings back. Very little is known about them so I hope Thorax will be able to shine some light on Changelings and their ways. Maybe we'll finally get to see how similar the race is to insects. I'm almost positive that Chrysalis is going to show up in this season, hopefully for the season finale. All I ask is that they don't make Chrysalis become good. We already have enough villains like that. It would be cool if there was a split between the Changelings; those who followed Chrysalis and those who wanted to be friends with the ponies of Equestria. 

giphy.gif&key=5a89dffe78e91579258119fb19761b40eb8104122b66e947c78ce039847e192f