Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you lie?

zerox

What makes people need to lie that much though, if you simply can't tell the truth whether it's a non existant problem or something serious, that might get kind of annoying.

I lie sometimes, whenever i would have to tell something that makes me feel uncomfortable, like saying how i really feel sometimes or if its something really personal. ( like sexual things )

If i would always tell the truth, People wuld just worry about me.

I also lie, when it comes to the Things i draw. I never tell what i really draw but i also dont see why i should tell the truth if i maybe would get negative reactions anyway.

So, i lie sometimes to certain Topics.

I try not to lie, when put into a circumstance where lying would be better than outright telling the truth (like if being a Christian comes up with a strong Christian person) I'll dance around the question or be really vague. Sometimes I think the more perceptive person can still see it through it. But I wouldn't know. I'm not perceptive at all.

Although there is the fact that I am living a lie. So however much I can claim to successfully avoid lying. There is that. Although only really was there ever one lie: "I'm fine, don't worry about me.". I did not know that I would still be alive in 2016. *sigh* Oops.

Honesty has always been the best policy.

That being said, I did a lot of lying as a kid; I've been spending the rest of my life trying to make up for that.

As a kid, I was a horrendous liar. Now, I don't sugarcoat. If you want me to be honest, I'll just give it to you there and then. Honesty is the best policy.

For me its hard NOT to lie, I'd say the ratio of lying to truth-telling is about 3:2... every two truths is three lies. I don't know why I lie so much, I imagine its some sort of self-defense mechanism, lying for the best possible answer so I don't get it wrong. Lies run through my veins as much as blood does.... sad.

I lie now and then, it depends. I'm brutally honest person, I tell the truth if situation requires it, even if somebody doesn't like it. And I lie if situation needs that, although, that's more uncommon.

Too much IRL, but I stay truthful online. Weird right?

actually it's not that weird. It's easier to tell the truth when you are behind a mask(in this case profile name etc.)

Edited by The Cerberus

• 2 years later...

I often tell the truth on things. If there's something I don't want to tell others, I keep it to myself instead. That being said, I've been told that I'm a really good liar.

Almost never, as I believe the truth is always more important than a lie. I also never tell white lies for this very reason. I don't like the idea of misleading people or misinforming them, even if the lie would be 'easier to break to them.' I believe people are way more resilient than others may have you believe and I think it's important to respect this resiliency and tell the truth rather than lie and possibly make the situation even worse. The only time I will lie is when I know for a fact that the person will only use the truth to their advantage and may possibly bring harm to others or themselves.

Edited by TigerGeekGuy
Fixed errors.

• 4 months later...

I actually tend to lie a lot about how I'm really feeling...I just don't like talking about feelings to people, so I tend to hide them. I don't want the people Im closest to getting sad because I'M sad or you know, stuff like that. 

But other than that...I'm very honest. Or at least I try to be. 

• Brohoof 2