Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like walking at night?

ManaMinori

I do. Yeah, I know it's dangerous, but I can't help it. It's cooler, quieter, and relaxes me, especially with no internet at home. Makes me anxious, and I like the night to get out and cool my head (and rescue wayward earthworms under cover of darkness, before they dry out)

How do you guys feel about night walks?

• Brohoof 5

I'm not really a night person due to being afraid of the dark. I prefer to remain inside when it's dark out and go out and about during the day.

• Brohoof 1

Too dangerous where I live so no. Always fear I'm going to get jumped or sexually assaulted

your profile says you're male e-e you'd only get bashed, robbed or both. not sexually assaulted :/ i highly doubt there are many female or homosexual people lurking in the dark who want to attack you XD

as for me.. i live in a really safe area and i quite enjoy walking at night, even by myself. (minus the mosquitoes and spiderwebs between trees and stuff)

• Brohoof 1

your profile says you're male e-e you'd only get bashed, robbed or both. not sexually assaulted :/ i highly doubt there are many female or homosexual people lurking in the dark who want to attack you XD

You're being ignorant. Rape happens to both sexes from both sexes.

I also never said that it is likely or unlikely but it could happen and I have a fear when I walk late at night, where I live, that it will happen.

Sheesh

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy it in the summer when things are cooler and there is a bit of a breeze to ward of the bugs.

Also one of the better times to take the dogs on walks, I feel bad doing it in the summer heat. 

• Brohoof 1

I like wandering at night, but normally only with a buddy - by myself I am way too chicken hahahah

It's nice when it's quiet, and cool, and you can see the stars.

• Brohoof 1

This is actually one of my favorite things to do. It is basically a nightly routine for me now. Go on a nice long walk while playing a video on my phone, that is truly relaxing. My town is small and meh so it is not exactly dangerous to walk in, though the wooded areas do creep me out at night sometimes. I then proceed to turn up the video volume and zone into it. :P

• Brohoof 1

I enjoyed walking around some nearby woodland late in the evening - despite still being slightly afraid of the dark; I think having a dog with me helped in that regard. There was no danger - the most lethal animals nearby were a field of sheep, and the only person was an old man who lived... by himself... on the edge of the woods... I guess I would be the first victim in this horror-film setup, then. (I joke, of course - he was a great chap.) 

I wasn't averse to walking home at night through the university town I studied in either. Drunken students are loud and annoying, but tend to assault each other rather than random strangers, so I wasn't concerned by them. Maybe I was just ignorant of the danger, but I never ended up in trouble.

• Brohoof 1

I always enjoy walking at night, especially around winter/ fall the cold air helps me clear my mind. If y'all are worried about saftey stash a knife in a coat pocket or somewhere you can conceal it, you can never be too careful. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd probably do it a lot if I wasn't so suspicious about the nightly dangers that some places have to offer. At least judging by a few positive experiences I've had some years ago, this town doesn't feel too dangerous even at night. However it'd still feel really ominous to go alone.  :wau:

I don't do that much often since I'm still a kid but heck, seeing the purple-ish dark sky filled with grey clouds and stars... I love it.

The night is softly getting earlier since it's autumn/winter, so I can enjoy this without much trouble :)

• Brohoof 1

Walking outside during the night is something I try and avoid unless I have to do it for some reason. I am someone who is quite afraid of the dark and I become paranoid in it. Even though my neighborhood is very safe, I refuse to walk outside by myself for long distances. If someone, like a friend, wants to come along with me, then by all means!

• Brohoof 1

I love walking at night. I love doing anything at night. I'm a night owl so I consider the night to be my own private day, free from most of the typical distractions of the daylight hours. The temperature is cooler, everything is quieter, and it's much less crowded. And there's nothing so beautiful as a star-filled sky. Even in a big city, where the lights block out most of the stars, the orange light reflected on the atmosphere is somehow beautiful too. 

I do live in a big city, so admittedly I can't roam freely without protection. But I take appropriate measures and keep to the well-lit and well-traveled areas. I have to have my nocturnal fix so I won't deny myself a little stroll in the dim hours from time to time. It's so worth it.  :orly:

• Brohoof 5