Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like walking at night?

ManaMinori

No, it's not safe. Especially.. Since I'm a girl and apparently girls get scared to walk around in the dark automatically? It's like some kind of impulse feeling to me, even if I dont neccessarily feel unsafe? I still keep being on my guard in case something happens or someone acts weird. Otherwise I'm sure I'd love to walk outside and watch the stars. I'm just naturally paranoid since there are news about rape and murder more than usual nowadays.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 1

I'd be a bit concerned for my safety if I were walking alone, but depending on where I was, I would be fine walking with another person or a group. I'd love to bring one of my dogs along, too! :)

No, it's not safe. Especially.. Since I'm a girl and apparently girls get scared to walk around in the dark automatically? It's like some kind of impulse feeling to me, even if I dont neccessarily feel unsafe? I still keep being on my guard in case something happens or someone acts weird. Otherwise I'm sure I'd love to walk outside and watch the stars. I'm just naturally paranoid since there are news about rape and murder more than usual nowadays.

Same :/ 

I, my ex-boyfriend and my friend got attacked at night when we were 15-16. We were just sitting on some steps talking and two boys just punched my boyfriend and my friend randomly. I tried to get the one guy off my boyfriend and he pushed me to the ground, I hurt my wrist. Luckily some man was passing with his dog, screamed at them and they ran off. He let us go to his house for my boyfriend to clean the blood off his face (he got hurt the most) In hindsight we probably shouldn't have walked off with some random man but luckily he and his wife were really nice.  

Ever since then I've been reluctant about being outside at night.

I LOVE walking at night! Especially at the end of summer when the days are still warm but the nights cool down and the air is so clear and you can see the stars and the air you breath in is cold and fresh and your breath makes little clouds and the cold air makes your cheeks turn red and all, I love it! It's so quiet and yet you hear so much more and it puts my mind to a special kind of rest and it's so great. It get's my thoughts running and it makes me feel so much better.

Sadly enough my parents don't let me, too dangerous. They only let me when I take the dog with me. And I can't stay away for more as 15 minutes, otherwise they'll come search for me... Luckily I love walking the dog so I happily give him his nightwalk ^^

Even though as 'young girl' I should be scared I actually feel more safe at night as during the day, I don't know why but it makes me feel a certain kind of power. It has probably something to do with the cold and the darkness :D

I LOVE IT ! In fact every week, mostly friday or saturday night with one or two of my friends, we walk for several hours without knowing where to go, we just walk in the dark, we speak about everything, common subject or more personal stuff. And I have to say that it's the best way to talk, you litteraly speak more easily and without any filter, everything is quiet, no car, nobody, just the night, Luna and us.

• Brohoof 1

I used to. But not where i am now.. the city is not particularly safe, and the area I live in you will usually get a couple of cops to come ask you what your business is. Also the smog is so bad you can't actually see any stars in the sky anymore for the most part... just haze.

I would enjoy going back to doing that at some point.

I used to. But not where i am now.. the city is not particularly safe, and the area I live in you will usually get a couple of cops to come ask you what your business is. Also the smog is so bad you can't actually see any stars in the sky anymore for the most part... just haze.

I would enjoy going back to doing that at some point.

Don't know where you live but you do not make me want to go there  :lie: I hope you'll be abble to walk at night soon  ^_^

Edited by LeTrotteurFuneste

Love night walks, even in metropolitan areas. Don't get me wrong, in urban places I almost always walk with others. But out in rural places, not so much. I've traveled a bit in the past few years, currently live in a small metropolis, and have elderly parents who live in the country, so I try to take whatever opportunities to walk whenever I can and see the sights. I'm not sure which I love the most: a night sky full of stars, or an illuminated skyline. The former is gorgeous, and the latter is nostalgic.

• Brohoof 1

I love walking at night, especially if I'm in a reflective/sentimental mood. Being out under the stars or streetlights always stimulates my emotions. Me and a couple of friends used to do work together in the library on my campus late in the evening and then afterwards we'd end up stopping on a street corner and just talking for hours. It was normally getting light again by the time we finished. Sometimes I like to wander on my own as well (it's fairly safe round where I live). The only thing I will say is that it's not advisable if you have to be up early the next morning.

Personally i always love night walks. The feeling of the cool breeze, the sight of the stars and luna peering overhead, reflecting over the calm as glass water and seeing the ripples break that reflection ever so elegantly. I tell you there is nothing more beautiful then that sight.

blemgo does not live in an ideal part of town, and therefore is frightened of extended walking periods. 

will i be shanked? or even worse, gutted?

blemgo does not know, therefore they cannot do so. :-(

Edited by Blemgo

• 3 weeks later...

I commonly do walk around the local woods at night, The area around me is a bit dangerous but I am big enough to warn off most threats, and the two I have encountered The first one gave me a look and got scared, I took one step forward and he ran off, The second one was unstirred and drew a knife and lunged at me, I grabbed him by the right wrist which was the one with the blade in it, pulled him close and throw him behind me, he landed about 5 or so meter behind me, and about 5 seconds later he started to get up and when he finally got to his feet he bolted. so, in short, yes, I do take walks during the night.

Edited by Raven Drakeaurd