Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you eat in Equestria ??

Le Trotteur Sauvage

On 4/3/2017 at 2:20 PM, TrotteurFuneste said:

Let's say that you, I don't know how, succeed to travel to Equestria, so here you are living in Ponyville with all our favorite character, them comes this crucial question !
What would you eat ? I mean, of course they have vegetable and fruits, there is also Pinkie's cake and pastry. But, if you're like me, you're omnivorous, SO WHERE IS YOUR MEAT ?
Ponies don't eat other animals and imagine their face when you'll ask them where you can find steak bacon and such ^^ !
So the question is simple, would you go vegan/other vege stuff ? Will you...hunt ? Maybe there is a spell to transform grass into meat or...I don't know ^^

I'd eat you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JK jk

I don't think Ponies have the proper digestive system to process meat, anyways.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

They obviously have eggs and dairy products in Equestria, so I'd survive on that plus vegetables and fruit. I love meat, but if I were thrust into a world where eating it was severely frowned upon, then I could give it up rather easily. I'd also be able to deal with meaty cravings by eating mushrooms and fish.

• 2 weeks later...

I would eat desserts from Sugarcube Corner, and I would gain 500 pounds :maud: 

Aside from that, just normal stuff really, like sandwiches, salads, and fruit. I don't eat a lot of meat to begin with so I don't think that part would bother me too much.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

I do eat meat, but I could easily become vegetarian so I didn't break any cultural taboos. They have eggs, which are good for protein as well as tasty. I think they would accept me eating fish as well. (Sardines in olive oil..YUM!) We've seen Rarity's father fishing, and Fluttershy seems fine with feeding fish to her critter friends.  I'm certain they have peanut butter (I'm quite fond of peanut butter!) There, I'm good for protein already! Thankfully I love all kinds of fruits and vegetables. Oh, my girl Twilight doesn't like them, but I LOVE a quesadilla! They're just so cheesy! I don't think I'd like hay-burgers though!

35 minutes ago, Yandere said:

I'd go hunting for meat to eat I don't really care if it's rabbits, bears or owls I'll probably eat anything 

Fluttershy would never forgive you if you ate Angel bunny or his relatives!

• Brohoof 1

Well, Fluttershy does have a bear friend, so I guess I'd ask where she gets the meat for him. I couldn't go vegetarian, so that'd be my only option.... or I guess I could always steal livestock in the night like a chupacabra :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'd do the obvious thing for any carnivore living in a land filled with ponies, I'd eat ponies. I'd start with Pinkie because she'd probably have the highest calorie count, then move on to Fluttershy for the most tender meat, and quite possibly top it off with SweetieBelle for dessert.  

• 4 years later...

Aside from possibly fishing, only one other person in this thread appears to be willing to source meat from an animal themselves when the pre-prepared stuff is no longer available.

I appreciate the suggested increase in savory alternatives like peanut butter, cheese, and mushrooms, though not personally a fan of the latter, as well as outsourcing from the griffons, or in sourcing from whatever the process to satisfy the clearly present carnivorous branch of the pet food and animal byproduct industries.

I imagine I'd consume more foods with a higher oil content, like roasted amd sauted vegetables, as well as fried foods, do some mix and matches. I make a broccoli pesto that is to die for because it's just steamed Broccoli, with garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and processed with a ton of shredded parmesan.

Despite all of the people replying with eggs, I've yet to hear anyone say they'd eat any of the chickens that they may have to rear for their supply anyways.

This of course entirely rests on whether we are in our Human form upon arrival, or have turned into something more appropriate for the setting. In that instance, I think our meat cravings would go away quite abruptly when we've experienced the decrease in its dietary compatibility.