Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you eat in Equestria ??

Le Trotteur Sauvage

Let's say that you, I don't know how, succeed to travel to Equestria, so here you are living in Ponyville with all our favorite character, them comes this crucial question !
What would you eat ? I mean, of course they have vegetable and fruits, there is also Pinkie's cake and pastry. But, if you're like me, you're omnivorous, SO WHERE IS YOUR MEAT ?
Ponies don't eat other animals and imagine their face when you'll ask them where you can find steak bacon and such ^^ !
So the question is simple, would you go vegan/other vege stuff ? Will you...hunt ? Maybe there is a spell to transform grass into meat or...I don't know ^^

6 minutes ago, TrotteurFuneste said:

Okay sure, but you'll only eat that ? Not any meat ? You know, the grilled steak, barbecue etc everything that make life so great :pinkie:

Well, I suspect I would also have access to grains, fruit, legumes, starches, etc. So I  suspect that I would have a diet that isn't restricted to eggs. While I adore meat, you would be surprised at what you can live without when you are not presented with an alternative. So yes, if I lived in a place where eating meat would constitute some form of barbarism, I would abstain. 

Broccoli. I love those. Also Carrots and eggs, as Jeric mentioned.

I assume meat would be A BIT difficult to find in equestria so I'd have to resort to becoming a vegetarian even though I'd never become one in real life.

I wonder how fried cockatrice tastes? :hmm:

Actually, I would just have to train myself to be a vegetarian. Though it would be tough with stuff like hay burgers that humans probably could not digest.

Not eating some sort of animal would not be an option. For the human body to get all the nutrients it needs. Like what jeric suggested, eggs would make a great substitute as it has everything you need that meat has. It would be an extremely difficult adjustment however, especially since a lot of creatures humans eat are sentient in Equestria and even animals that can't speak have a very heightened level of intelligence so getting meat might prove a moral challenge. I would like to think that the Equestrian Government would be able to give you a list of wild animals that would be acceptable to hunt and consume without violating any sort of natural laws of decency because overall it would be very ignorant of there government to try and force an omnivore to deny its nature simply to conform to equine dietary standards.  

• Brohoof 2

Like @Jeric, I would go for eggs for something meaty. A big one for me, would be pizza! Minus the pepperoni, I could see them making an amazing pizza. I would definitely check out any local places to see what pizza they have to offer. :3

• Brohoof 2

Okay, eggs why not. But won't you miss the taste of the meat ? Being forced to do something isn't really easy and funny, so I think I would look for a magic pell that allow me to make meat appear. And I don't care if they see me as a barbare I need my steak ! ^^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
12 minutes ago, TrotteurFuneste said:

Okay, eggs why not. But won't you miss the taste of the meat ? Being forced to do something isn't really easy and funny, so I think I would look for a magic pell that allow me to make meat appear. And I don't care if they see me as a barbare I need my steak ! ^^

Damn i would miss meat alot. Probably so much so that if the Equestrian Government forbid me from eating meat i would probably just do it anyway. Hunt a deer or something in the everfree. 

Edited by DayShadow

(edited)
15 minutes ago, TrotteurFuneste said:

I wouldn't miss it. the amount of meat that I eat daily is about the amount that you find in an average hamburger.

Edited by zerox

I don't know griffons look carnivorous to me, diamond dogs are also another sapient carnivore, so at worst I'd just have to relocate to one of the biggest cities, and be forced to eat griffon food for the rest of my life.

ehhh.... that fast food restaurant that twilight was eating at in twilight time looks good *shrugs* :P

Eggs, as mentioned. Crystal berries. Zap Apples. Whatever fruit they grow at Sweet Apple Acres. 

You're all complaining about meat. Are you forgetting that the mane six have a cat, a dog, an owl, ferrets and an alligator to feed, none of which are omnivorous. They're at least willing to offer up fish, so seafood is still on the table. Shrimp. Scallops. Lobster. Crab. Cod. Tuna. Tilapia. Salmon.  Also rice, preferably fried. Grilled cheese sandwiches. Pizza, even if it's just plain cheese. All the deserts from Sugrarcube corner. And whatever the restaurants in Canterlot offer. Oh and pasta. Plenty of good pasta out there to enjoy. And Quesadillas.  And Enchiladas. 

And yes I am crazy. Oatmeal. 

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Eggs, as mentioned. Crystal berries. Zap Apples. Whatever fruit they grow at Sweet Apple Acres. 

You're all complaining about meat. Are you forgetting that the mane six have a cat, a dog, an owl, ferrets and an alligator to feed, none of which are omnivorous. They're at least willing to offer up fish, so seafood is still on the table. Shrimp. Scallops. Lobster. Crab. Cod. Tuna. Tilapia. Salmon.  Also rice, preferably fried. Grilled cheese sandwiches. Pizza, even if it's just plain cheese. All the deserts from Sugrarcube corner. And whatever the restaurants in Canterlot offer. Oh and pasta. Plenty of good pasta out there to enjoy. And Quesadillas.  And Enchiladas. 

And yes I am crazy. Oatmeal. 

You just won the thread for that last line. Now I will forever think that the conversation Pinkie was having was about the meat eating habits of other Equestrians. 

• Brohoof 1

To me, mushrooms are kind of the meat of the meatless world, so I'd consider those. I would also try to disguise vegetarian things as meat, like some kind of soy product. Truthfully, (and don't tell anypony this) but I'm really curious what Phoenix tastes like; maybe butterflied and grilled over open flame with butter and lemon. Technically, Phoenixes are reborn from their own ashes, so if you look at it in the right context, I'd be doing them a favor by giving them a fresh start. :D