Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else hate Rarity?

Whirlwindmark

15 minutes ago, Frostgage said:

Change it back Jeric

There's a story about that. It was added back in because Dash Forever asked in Feedback thread. But, the switch to this version of the board seems to have blocked a lot of the emotes that were added over the years. At least that's what @Fhaolan mentioned in one of the early upgrade issues thread. 

FlutterIfaceForumEmote.png is also one of the victims. 

He used a lot of Obsidian's :please: and :confused: emotes too. Ah good times. 

• Brohoof 2

It is true that she gave a bad first impression in the show for being the most stereotypically girly, with equally girly interests. But she's one of my top Mane6 because she's flexible character wise, who can be written in a big variety of episodes

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:02 AM, Babyyoshi309 said:

Wut? :confused:

Sometimes it's better to not think about it. Some stuff just has to be accepted. Look at the Pinkie Sense.

Threads like these are always ridiculous. One randomly dense guy makes a 'radical' (in reality, dumb and unfounded) statement to attract replies and is immediately met with people who comment on how ridiculous it is. It's an eternal paradox and we really should all just ignore threads with such dense topics.

And besides, Rarity is the most fabulous mare Equestria has ever seen. She's the type of pony everypony should know. How can anyone explicably hate her? Most mane 6 haters rarely seem to justify their hatred beyond 'because they have 'x' characterization'. It's their opinion and I won't decry them for it unless they don't justify it. The only wrong opinion is a poorly explained one.

• Brohoof 1

In summation - if you don't love Rarity you're weird. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're still weird.

Yes of course I know that - I admit I'm weird for loving Rarity. So what.

• Brohoof 1

I love Rarity, she isn't one of my favorites, but I can't deny that almost every single episode that stars her is a knockout mastahpiece. She is the only mare out of the mane 6 that I have trouble thinking of a poor episode for, she has some for sure, but the writers are just very good at handling her.

There are multiple threads like this for every character on this forum. It is MORE than safe to say that no matter WHAT pony you happen to hate there are people who agree with you. 

Personally I don't HATE any of the characters. I think some have been poorly managed and written, but that's the writers fault, not a fictional character. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Yes I dont like her at all . She uses spikes love for her own personal gain she even used his wing flapping to help her mane be exactly like princess celestia . God she is so full of herself !!

10 hours ago, Brony1995 said:

Yes I dont like her at all . She uses spikes love for her own personal gain she even used his wing flapping to help her mane be exactly like princess celestia . God she is so full of herself !!

Those episodes are very annoying, and makes her worse than she's supposed to be, I think.

She definitely uses Spike. While Spike is comic relief, being "in love" with the fashion pony, Rarity makes the situation really odd in return.

• Brohoof 1

I don't hate her, but she is on my list of least favorite characters. :P She has had some good episodes and funny moments though, so I'm not knocking her.