Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Familiar villain returning in season 8!

FlareGun45

6 minutes ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

iirc, Tirek's current VA actually voiced Unicron himself in the Unicron trilogy :P 

In FIM Tirek's voiced by Mark Acheson. In the 1984 movie he was voiced by Victor Caroli. In Transformers: The Movie, Unicron was voiced by Orson Welles.

Shit now I wanna watch the old Transformers movie. I fucking loved it when I was a kid.

Edited by Heavenly Inexplicit

23 minutes ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

E.g., Thanos's role in Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite?

I'm not familiar with that so your comparison doesn't make much sense to me. :I

2 minutes ago, Heavenly Inexplicit said:

In FIM Tirek's voiced by Mark Acheson. In the 1984 movie he was voiced by Victor Caroli. In Transformers: The Movie, Unicron was voiced by Orson Welles.

Unicron Trilogy - Transformers Armada, Energon, and Cybertron

Mark Acheson voiced him there 

• Brohoof 2

I kinda want to see his brother return from the lands that he had gone back to, maybe he'll even try to convince Tirek to turn away from his evil ways or something, or maybe he'll have to end up joining the ponies side in fighting against his own brother in a battle similar to when Celestia had to fight her own sister for the betterment of Equestria. A battle like that wouldn't be an easy one to fight, considering that your not just fighting against some random evil person, but that evil person is your own brother. 

• The title was changed to Familiar villain returning in season 8!

@MegaSean45

Apologies, I should've done this earlier. Considering sensitivity of spoilers and how some will still prefer to a void them, I added the spoiler tag and edited the title.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, PathfinderCS said:

@MegaSean45

Apologies, I should've done this earlier. Considering sensitivity of spoilers and how some will still prefer to a void them, I added the spoiler tag and edited the title.

Don't apologize, I should've done it! ;)

• Brohoof 2

Banishment is proved to be ineffective, better kill him this time, uh, i mean, get him a 'Storm King' treatment this time. Chrysalis could be reformed, so she will get 'Tempest' treatment this time, ehehe...

Edited by Lambdadelta
  • Brohoof 5

1 hour ago, King of Canterlot said:

I kinda want to see his brother return from the lands that he had gone back to, maybe he'll even try to convince Tirek to turn away from his evil ways or something, or maybe he'll have to end up joining the ponies side in fighting against his own brother in a battle similar to when Celestia had to fight her own sister for the betterment of Equestria. A battle like that wouldn't be an easy one to fight, considering that your not just fighting against some random evil person, but that evil person is your own brother. 

If Scorpan FINALLY makes an appearance, I want him to be voiced by the Wolverine himself Cathal J Dodd.

1 hour ago, Lambdadelta said:

Banishment is proved to be ineffective, better kill him this time, uh, i mean, get him a 'Storm King' treatment this time. Chrysalis could be reformed, so she will get 'Tempest' treatment this time, ehehe...

I doubt Chrysy will be reformed, but yeah, PONIES KILLING MOTHERFUCKERS FOR THE WIN :yay: 

I'm not that surprised for his return, as  Tirek and the bugbear are the only known escaped prisoners, and it'd be interesting to see more of those dangers doing so. Plus, we got this pic

DAr0OC8XoAAqH8m.jpg

But yeah, if it'll really happen in the season finale, it's possible that Chysy will escape in the premiere to later aid Tirek escape. I'd be great to see two major antagonist teaming up in the show

• Brohoof 2

59 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I doubt Chrysy will be reformed, but yeah, PONIES KILLING MOTHERFUCKERS FOR THE WIN

You doubt!? It's too obvious that Chrysie will be reformed in the end of S8, there's no way she will refuse Starlight's reform speech a second time, even the first time is super awesome:pinkie:, one more deny means capital punishment.:love: 

maria.jpg.9b44fc94af1664df7d3b8a84bf5eeef4.jpg

Dont worry, they will make it look like an accidental death so no one will blame our heros

For Celestia Sake, Ponies forgive people with huggings and sweet parties, then why you villains choose to be strangled tied up and tasteless daily meal in Tartarus.

Edited by Lambdadelta

It's about time that Lord Tirek returned properly--the season five finale doesn't really count as he was there for about five seconds--and yet I can see that there are those who are disappointed that this information was revealed by his voice actor. Just because we know he's returning doesn't mean that everything is ruined. We have no idea what Tirek is going to do this time around nor do we know how he intends on escaping from Tartarus. If anything, we're still in the dark other than knowing that he will return.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

Are you saying they could repeat the same thing they did with the MLP Movie but with the roles of Storm king and Tempest played by Tirek and Chrysalis? Doesn't seem pretty redundant to you?

They couldn’t kill Tirek even if they wanted to, the elements can’t deal lethal damage.

EDIT: I think it’s great that Tirek is returning but where the heck is King Sombra? 

Edited by RulesofRarity

4 minutes ago, RulesofRarity said:

They couldn’t kill Tirek even if they wanted to, the elements can’t deal lethal damage.

EDIT: I think it’s great that Tirek is returning but where the heck is King Sombra? 

King Sombra has already made a return in the comics. While people like to argue about if the comics are canon or not, and there has been some contradiction between them and the show, I'm sort of doubtful that the show staff would go as far as to completely retcon an entire comic arc on purpose, so it's likely Sombra will just never return in the show.

23 minutes ago, Sly said:

Are you saying they could repeat the same thing they did with the MLP Movie but with the roles of Storm king and Tempest played by Tirek and Chrysalis? Doesn't seem pretty redundant to you?

And the show have done some redundant things more than often so... why not? :orly:

10 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

King Sombra has already made a return in the comics. While people like to argue about if the comics are canon or not, and there has been some contradiction between them and the show, I'm sort of doubtful that the show staff would go as far as to completely retcon an entire comic arc on purpose, so it's likely Sombra will just never return in the show.

IMO, for all of Siege Of The Crystal Empire's faults, Sombra's story remained the highlight.

Would be a shame to just "NOPE!" it into pointlessness.

But then again...

...Shadow Play already retconned both The Journal Of The Two Sisters and FIENDship Is Magic #3, so you never know.

Saw this coming a mile away since we have had the Tartarus promo shot for a bit now. I do suspect they will involve Scorpan since Star Swirl is in the picture, so that hanging thread may be addressed. 

29 minutes ago, RulesofRarity said:

Nah, just turn him into stone and some 'accident' happen that make the stone shattered :) 

Edited by Lambdadelta
  • Brohoof 2

33 minutes ago, Sly said:

It's definitely possible. I mean, repetition is safe. To be fair, when they mixed things up at the end of Seasons 5 and 6 some people lost their minds. 

1 minute ago, Lambdadelta said:

Nah, just turn him into stone and some 'accident' happen that make the stone shattered :) 

Heh, or Crysallis could feed off his love for power and blast him into nothingness. Having a villain destroy a villain is always a good way to side step the moral qualms. Plus, it would be a interesting way to turn the expected betrayal on it's head. 

• Brohoof 1