Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Weird things you own?

PlzDelete

I have a portal that’s modeled off of the one from Gravity Falls (if you don’t know what that is GO WATCH IT IT’S ONE OF THE BEST CARTOONS EVER). I built it from a kitchen sink box, assorted cardboard, popsicle sticks, plastic food containers, vinyl wrap, and Meccano, complete with green screen posterboard. It includes the upside-down triangle, two side “cylinders”, and a set of little stairs (don’t tell Silverstream!) I sketched it all out on paper in a mathematical precision down to the centimeter at a scale I calculated and figured out. It’s one project I’m very proud of. Now all I need is to get a Sony A7RIII to film with it... 

Spoiler

But that camera costs $3300 JUST FOR THE BODY! And lenses + tripod are more or less the same price! :(

It's not particularly wierd I guess, but I have a snowglobe with a wizard in it holding a crystal ball and the globe part has the zodiac signs embossed on the glass all in their positions in the sky, the base is navy blue with gold stars all over it and it plays "music of the night". Thought it was awesome.

• Brohoof 1

I used to have this raggedy paper craft, poorly made Monkey that I called "Bobo the Killer Monkey" but he conveniently got lost in a move :okiedokieloki:

I guess the weirdest thing I still own is a small but growing collection of bootleg plush toys. My favorite is this weird, round Zebra-looking thing plush with green hands and hooves. No idea what it's from, my mom found it at a yard sale and bought it for me.

Probably a year or 2 ago i went to a Japanese store, and it sold uhh? A male human on a toliet and when you spread its legs, it reveals its genitalia and squirts water, basically it was a super weird water gun. I bought it because... honestly i don't know, it was cheap and weird so why not i guess? Now it just sits in my bathroom and does nothing 10/10 purchase. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I used to be in the concert band at my school, our music teacher gave us all joke certificates at the end of it that he typed up and personalized for each of us. Mine was, unsurprisingly, the "Brony Award". I hung that up in my bedroom as a medal of honour. :muffins: 

On 2018-05-04 at 5:20 PM, The Recherche said:

A list of Swedish swear words and phrases! ^_^

Did you write the list yourself or did you have it shipped here all the way from Sweden? :P Either way, that sounds like it should be able to come in handy at some point, whenever that time comes. :D Now, how do you say "Boop" in Swedish? :catface: 

• Brohoof 1

I own three birds and they all live in my room. According to my sister, that's odd.

I collect some old 35mm film cameras primarily for their lenses. When it comes with a old roll of used, undeveloped film that is inside the camera, it's mysteriously intriguing. 

I have several rolls of them lying around and this can be someone's life in pictures just waiting to be developed but never did.

Weird that I hold them even if it's not mine. I feel like that someone's memories are just sitting there. Maybe I should get them developed but it's not right to look through someone else's pictures. 

• 3 months later...

I don't own (yet) as weird things, as you, however I have a Starlight's HappyMeal(TM) figure, which I had started to bring with myself to the school, hiding it in pocket. On lessons, in the class, I silencly bring the figure onto my hands and stroke that figure with my fingers. It makes me feel positive afterwards, normally I wouldn't feel positive, so Starlight means to me a lot, from what I see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...