Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you sacrifice apples or strawberries in Equestria?

KillerKingBakudan

You move to Ponyville and befriend the Mane Six. You get to know them for several months, after which you learn from Applejack that since her family buried the hatchet with the Pears, a new feud started with the Strawberries. Of course, this began just recently when Rarity introduced Applejack to Strawberry Sunrise.

And just as the Apples appreciate that you enjoy apples, and all snacks and beverages made from them, they're equally annoyed that you like strawberries and all items flavored as such. For that, Applejack gives you a choice: give up strawberries completely, or you're no longer welcome on her farm. Since much of the economy is dependent on Sweet Apple Acres, she'll also make sure that no vendor in Equestria sells you her family's products if you're seen putting anything strawberry-flavored in your mouth. Should you continue to consume strawberries, you'll still get to hang out with the rest of the Mane Six.... just not when Applejack is around. Which means time spent with any of them will become increasingly hard to find.

This just underscores how bad the feud has gotten. As outlandish as it all seems, even after learning about her mother's side of the family, Applejack's experiences with Strawberry Sunrise were simply too negative for her to accept co-existing in Equestria with the Strawberries. Or anyone who has a taste for "the enemies' " produce. For Big Mac's sake, even Sugar Belle has agreed to stop selling strawberry treats at her bakery.

But it gets worse. Sunrise hears about your situation while eavesdropping on Rarity, who she happens to be friends with. So she privately invites you to her house where she makes you an offer. If you give up apples, you'll get strawberries from her family's business for free. And with her influence, you'll also get to enjoy free desserts made with her farm-produced strawberries wherever they're sold in Equestria. In essence, you may not ever go hungry again. But if you reject her offer, or you continue eating apples behind her back, not only will you be barred from obtaining strawberries. Sunrise will also make sure that your friendship with Rarity falls apart. She'll fabricate any story necessary to make her believe you're an untrustworthy creep, and soon, you won't be allowed to go near her, Sweetie Belle, or any of her three boutiques again. She's even prepared false evidence in case you try to warn Rarity before hand. And likewise, your time with the rest of the Mane Six will still be limited because of it.

Surely you must be thinking, "My friends are too important to me. I don't want to lose any of them, so I'll just sacrifice apples AND strawberries. Easy!"

Except it isn't. There's been a series of parasprite infestations as of late, and it's led to an alarming crop shortage in Equestria. The Apples and Strawberries are the ONLY ones known to be successfully securing their produce. Even if you decide to put it off now, eventually, every pony will be forced to choose between living off one or the other until the farming industry regains its stability. And so will you.

Which will you give up?

83c96245-22eb-4ef1-9446-ef21a746b0a7.jpg.a39f34aec107207511bbe3fa2e925f49.jpghot-apple-cider.jpg.9922415052783b15ff39110e487653ac.jpg
default_5efe24d6300e6c6ed20d250435d36ada_Depositphotos_45479807_m-2015.jpg.502fbd4c96cffbb629d933b2104ba6a2.jpgStrawberry-Shortcake-Milkshake-3-from-willcookforsmiles.com_.thumb.jpg.f5b3d6a1967290ede614b1073661fa8d.jpg

(edited)

And by the way, I know Sunrise is a pegasus and not an earth pony. That doesn't mean she can't have earth pony siblings farming strawberries. If the Cakes can have unicorn and pegasus babies, why not?

Edited by KillerKingBakudan

Applejack is after all element of honesty. If she promises to make my life a living hell, if I dare to even watch strawberries again, she will most definitely do so. She is also champion at apple bucking and my entrails are uncomfortably fragile. Mistakes do happen, sometimes one could easily confuse apple tree's trunk to disloyal friend's stomach.

Sooo...  I will give up the strawberries. Yeah, screw you strawbrerries.

Edited by Divine plywood
  • Brohoof 1

I'm sorry, but anypony who is willing to discriminate against me for my choice of food, and is willing to use their friendship with me as black mail and bribery to force my hand, was probably never a good pony to begin with. 

Both AJ and Strawberry Sunrise sound like rotten individuals in this, and I'd rather starve than eat anything from either of them. And if the remane 5 don't want to be my friends because of something so trivial as that, then they probably weren't my friends to begin with. 

I'll just eat off a rock farm. 

Besides, I'll just go to Twilight to help settle the issue. It wouldn't be the first generations long feud between families she's solved. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 5

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

I'm sorry, but anypony who is willing to discriminate against me for my choice of food, and is willing to use their friendship with me as black mail and bribery to force my hand, was probably never a good pony to begin with. 

Both AJ and Strawberry Sunrise sound like rotten individuals in this, and I'd rather starve than eat anything from either of them. And if the remane 5 don't want to be my friends because of something so trivial as that, then they probably weren't my friends to begin with. 

I'll just eat off a rock farm. 

My thoughts exactly. This game is completely unfair to both characters.

Personally, Strawberries are my favorite fruits then grapes, then Apples. There should be no feud at all between them! Besides...

If A.J. hated strawberries so much, then why was she eating them in S5's "Castle Sweet Castle"

5a6d681fe8f1a_download(15).jpeg.b3a0cd29075c0879e638049a7905ea02.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

My thoughts exactly. This game is completely unfair to both characters.

Personally, Strawberries are my favorite fruits then grapes, then Apples. There should be no feud at all between them! Besides...

If A.J. hated strawberries so much, then why was she eating them in S5's "Castle Sweet Castle"

5a6d681fe8f1a_download(15).jpeg.b3a0cd29075c0879e638049a7905ea02.jpeg

Obviously because she didn't have that fateful encounter with Sunrise yet, so she didn't have any disdain for strawberries in mind.

3 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

This game is completely unfair to both characters

Hush now, no need to be so gloomy. Let us who enjoy these kind of pointless speculations have our fun. ;) Sole purpose of this thingy is to be impossible to reason and equally unfair for both pony.

• Brohoof 1

I would pick strawberries as I like them a lot more than apples.  Plus AJ while I like her, is far from my favorite of the mane six, so I think I could handle being friends with the rest of the group and not her.

• Brohoof 1

I don’t really like Apples all that much (with the exception of Granny Smith). So, Strawberries for me on this one. Too bad this Sunrise character sounds like an aggressive manipulative tyrant in comparison to Applejack who’s a dishonest passive manipulator.

Still I do agree with where @Denim&Venom is coming from. Why not both Applejack and Sunrise work together to form the ultimate farm? Is this rivalry worth it or is it just being ultimately petty *cough*Jake Paul*cough vs. *cough*Logan Paul*cough*?

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

I don’t really like Apples all that much (with the exception of Granny Smith). So, Strawberries for me on this one. Too bad this Sunrise character sounds like an aggressive manipulative tyrant in comparison to Applejack who’s a dishonest passive manipulator.

Still I do agree with where @Denim&Venom is coming from. Why not both Applejack and Sunrise work together to form the ultimate farm? Is this rivalry worth it or is it just being ultimately petty *cough*Jake Paul*cough vs. *cough*Logan Paul*cough*?

Applejack's being anything but that; her threats are very open!

As petty as this feud might be, I don't think even the Pears have dissed apples as badly as Sunrise did. I wouldn't count on them working together if it meant saving all of Equestria from famine.

If the circumstances for this meeting were different and Rarity wasn't there, who knows what Applejack would have done?

I think someone's blood would have been spilled......

Meh I don’t really watch the show at all. But, thanks for correcting my misunderstanding there. I guess Applejack’s an Honest Tyrant who hates opinions on people who are indifferent/hate apples judging by that clip?

I still prefer strawberries over apples any day.

She doesn't care for anyone who shits on apples like that. So I'm assuming if a pony who did this was a purveyor of a different kind of fruit, she'd be seen as a threat, and anyone who supports their product. I guess you can say their fruit is like a religion to them.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/28/2018 at 6:47 AM, KillerKingBakudan said:

Which will you give up?

I don't like strawberries, so, if the decision was based purely on food it would be easy to do. However, the decision does not involve just food. Obviously I do not want my friendship with either Applejack or Rarity to be screwed up. While I am not a huge fan of either pony, Twilight would most likely be equally upset with either result. Also, Rarity sells clothes.

I can see "third options" here though.

1. Go to Applejack and tell her what Strawberry Sunrise told me and that I accepted her offer. Because Strawberry Sunrise offered me food for free, eating it I will actually cause financial loss for her. Depending on the agreement i may even to be able to take more strawberries than I can eat and just throw them out, causing a shortage in that area and increasing the demand for apples. Hopefully Applejack would be able to see that I'm telling the truth and would care about money more than the idea of me eating the food of a competitor.

2. If that fails and Applejack does not believe me, well, both threats were based on eating the competitor's food, so if I do not eat either, I can avoid the bad outcome. I could go to a lake or river to fish or go to the Everfree forest to hunt - something there has to be edible, maybe there are even mushrooms that can be eaten more than once. I also wonder if cooked parasprite is poisonous or not.

3. Buy (non-apple, non-strawberry) canned food or something that can last a long time, like rice and pasta, enough to last me a long time and just eat that until the situation gets better.