Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What were you a fan of the most before MLP?

FirePuppy

Star Wars, without question. It's still my favorite thing (excluding TFA and TLJ). It's been a way of life for as long as I have memory. I'm also a huge Disney fan; the movies, cartoons, theme parks and history. 

I absolutely love MLP but I'm still a bigger fan of my old hobbies. 

I was a fan of many things before I've become a brony. I was fan of the Pokémon franchise (still am, but took a few months break), then I switched to the Legendarium by Tolkien to try and be a fan of that series. I am still a fan of Disney movies. Then, I became a fan of the Godzilla franchise just now. A year ago, I wanted to try and see if I can write something good for the MLP franchise, that's how I became a brony. I am also a fan of the Star Wars universe, though not as much today as I were as a child (still has the LEGO sets, though and some lightsabers to play with, but never uses them now). I am also a fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise, has some of the cards and played with my brother with them.

That's basically what I am a fan of. Not much, but definitely something interesting.

Before I discovered MLP I was an anime kid that also later turned into a furry kid too. All those interests I had gave me loads of weird looks and talking behind my back so finding out that I like pastel ponies wasn't any different.

Hmmm, there are a lots, actually, comics like Deadpool, Wonder Woman, Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, Silk, Spider-Woman. And video games like Devil May Cry, Saints Row, Tom Clancy games like Ghost Recon and Rainbow 6, also reading novels written by James ROllins, the Fallen series by Lauren Kate, Vampire Kisses, etc. Oh, right, don't forget Transformers. :D

(edited)

I was and still am a big football (soccer) fan. As for other cartoons, I liked South Park more anything.

Edited by Oleks

(edited)

Last Decade, it was....

Sonic the Hedgehog(Due to playing Sonic Advance and Sonic Adventure 2)

Mickey Mouse(Due to rediscovering the classic shorts in Black and White.  Still have em)

Batman(The Animated Series, what else?)

Animaniacs(An old show I use to watch as a kid)

The Transformers(Mostly G1 and Beast Wars on DVD, though I evolved into the Movies and Animated)

The Legend of Zelda(Became a bigger one last decade thanks to a Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess)

World of Warcraft(I no longer play the game, but it still holds a place in my heart)

Star Wars(Mainly the Clone Wars over the prequel trilogy, but also through Knights of the Old Republic)

Kikaida(A Japanese Tokusatsu, long before Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger(Which became Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)

Star Trek(Watched ALL of the Original Series, plus the first 6 movies.  I also own all of the Next Generation episodes)

Nowadays, alongside My little Pony, I also add in The Marvel Cinematic Universe and Deadpool to the list.

Edited by SaburoDaimando

Most anything related to dragons has been a major part of my life since around high school. Prior to MLP I was still hardcore into Godzilla and Zoids with an ongoing battle between Star Wars and Star Trek going on in the background. Still a fan of them all but ponies has been front and center for the past 7 years. 

Minecraft and shooters in general. Got a lot of Call of Duties, a Battlefield, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Crysis 2... Was really into them. Then, I bumped over MLP. Just cause I like to reference things, it was 20% cooler.

I was a fan of Fire Emblem, the Legend of Zelda, Mario, Pokémon, and a few other video game franchises before MLP came along--I'm still a fan of these franchises as they are too big a part of my life to cast them aside.

• 2 weeks later...

I sure was a fan of Star Trek!

I really liked the ERA that spanned from the movies of the 80s to Star Trek Voyager in the early 2000s.
I never really got a chance to see or care about Enterprise and I only got to see some episodes of The Original Series, a few years ago.

The Official Star Trek forums were pretty much my first forums I semi-properly used. Too bad they are gone now.
I am old but I missed out the era of Newsgroups/Usenet discussions and didn't saw any of the shows as they were airing...

• Brohoof 1