Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else have a naturally loud voice?

Octavia Heartstrings

I have a naturally stronger voice than most other people, and it can sometimes cause me to come across as angry or defensive when I'm not. It's also harder for me to whisper, and I sometimes have to deal with people telling me to turn it down when I'm just talking normally.

Anyone else have this problem?

• Brohoof 4

I talk pretty loudly too. I wouldn't say that makes me sound angry, but I'm definitely far from quiet. It's mostly my family that thinks I'm talking too loudly, though it might be that others just don't want to say anything about it – not that I'm the only loud talker among us... :please: I also whisper quite loudly. I can talk quietly if I have to, but that's not something that comes automatically – I have to keep it on my mind constantly. :P

• Brohoof 7

i am naturally loud. its both a blessing and a curse tbh. on one hand, if i want to converse like a regular human, i am loud and i dont really think people appreciate that. on the other hand, its pretty easy to relive anger because i barely need to raise my voice!

• Brohoof 2

I have a soft monotone voice so it was not a problem for me except when I'm mad.

• Brohoof 1

My voice has a tendency to fluctuate between quiet and loud depending on my mood.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Added a bit more.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm neither quiet not very loud. My voice had a moderate volume to it, and I'm happy about that. It means I can be quiet if I'm in a silent setting, and it's easy for me to project my voice in a louder environment. I don't like the sound of my voice, but I'm happy with everything else about it. :P

• Brohoof 3

I don't speak loudly in general, but I have a tendency to yell at my friends because I get dramatic when I'm mildly frustrated and they just laugh. They yearn for my dissapointment in them. My voice does carry though, so when I was still in school, teachers could always tell if I was talking or not.

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 1

It depends. Many times I have a naturally quiet voice, not overly quiet, I guess average? But then sometimes I talk really loud. I tend to raise my voice when I'm genuinely angry too. I guess it all comes down to my mood. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

It depends. Many times I have a naturally quiet voice, not overly quiet, I guess average? But then sometimes I talk really loud. I tend to raise my voice when I'm genuinely angry too. I guess it all comes down to my mood. 

About the third time I say "What did you say?" You get pretty loud.

• Brohoof 2

Yes. However, mine is mainly due to the fact that I'm autistic. I have a hard time defining the pitch I'm talking in... like, it's hard to tell if my voice is being really loud or not. It's always the same to me. I've had outbursts because people tell me to be quiet. -_____-;

• Brohoof 2

On 10/3/2018 at 3:49 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I have a naturally quiet voice, but I've had to practice speaking out a bit louder for work. I can get loud when I'm mad, but my default is almost whisper-quiet. 

I Always imagined it to be like Rarity’s voice :wacko:.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

I talk pretty quiet most of the time, people have to ask me to repeat myself a few times before they understand what I'm saying.  I also have a hard time saying what I want to since I'm terribly socially awkward so everything sounds weird, which is also why people have to ask me to repeat myself.  Unless I'm at work, I tend to yell(or at least yell in my opinion).

• Brohoof 1