Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been bullied?

CandyCorn

I've been bullied a lot in elementary school. I was also cyberbullied before as well. I've gone through a lot when it comes to this, and there are times when it still haunts me. This is one reason why I love Clayne Crawford because he supports anti-bullying. 

Have you ever been bullied before?

• Brohoof 1

Jeric bullies us all the time, send help D: !!

Twice. Back in elementary I had this overly aggressive guy in class who at one point assaulted me because I think I remember saying something wrong. Pretty sure nowadays he had to have a mental condition.

Second time high school. I messed with the most dangerous guy in school and after classes he found me changing shoes (along with 30 of his necessary friends to beat me up) and dislocated one of my teeth, which is now permanently tilted inwards until I decide to get rid of it.

• Brohoof 2

Not a whole lot, but there were some instances in junior high and high school where I got ganged up on & pushed around, teased for being a loner, had stuff stolen from me, etc. In the end it wasn't the most serious of offenses as I wasn't beat up on or anything, but I definitely had my instances. Bullying is still bullying.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, I was that kid where people wouldn't care to bother with. I'd overhear them talking about me but I didn't pay too much attention nor care. 

• Brohoof 1

Yes. Once by an entire group of people, though it was an exchange of violence. It was a mutually satisfactory learning experience. They began to understand the meaning of causing physical harm to others, and I learned the language of violence, which I didn't originally knew as a child. Also, I was expelled.

The directress had a more human, partial view of this event, polarized, biased. And couldn't truly understand the meaning of such experience, so it saw it prejudice rather than accepting openly what our reality has to offer about us all. But that would have required a level of comprehension that was not available for her at the time.

I also want to say that some of this human bengs already had experienced violence at home, and came from complex family situation. I was aware of that, but the reflection of reality requires me to become akin to what I'm being shown.

• Brohoof 1

In elementary school, I have one faint memory of younger kids throwing the words "ugly" and "ugly hair" at me from across the hall. I've been to North Carolina twice and the bullying is the absolute worse there. I've been yelled and swore at, and it was there that the only time I was physically hit by another student happened, with an umbrella. I'm still currently being bullied, by my younger half sister. My half younger brother can be a bully too, but he's at least nice sometimes. Not my sister. And the thing is, she never treats anyone else in the house the way she treats me, and I have no idea why. For example, I could just say "hi" and she would respond with "shut up, stupid". And she would continue with a few more hurtful words after she brings me to tears. :(

In elementary school, I was bullied/picked on a lot after I was helded back in first grade. It carried on through middle school but wasn’t as bad cause I was able to make friends after I joined the band. I did have my backpack stolen during gym class. It was later found in a girl’s bathroom. All my homework was torn up and school supplies gone. I was not able to speak in front of the class because I was afraid I would be laughed at.

My low point was high school where the bullying got more physical and manipulative. One girl tried to ask me out but I found out that it was a joke. It got to the point that I was paranoid about a lot of things and I wrote a suicide note. Thankfully I never acted out on it. It wasn’t until I was pushed down the stairs by one of the bullies that people started to stand up for me and told them to knock it off. They didn’t bother me after that.

• Brohoof 1

I was kinda fine in elementary but in middle school I was teased a lot. As a freshman I’m still teased. Mainly about being a brony and cringy (even from my parents). Kinda makes me sad that people can’t accept other people as they are and what they wanna to become. I’m mainly dealing with anger problems and restraining myself from hurting someone... especially the people that I love the most...

Im not that scared of other bullies at school mainly because all of the upperclassman are friendly and the people that do tease me are all shorter than me so as long as I push their voices in the back of my head, I will make it through high school.

plus! I have the forums to cheer me up because everyone on these forums are AWESOME:mlp_yay: and I wouldn’t be so positive without this fandom!:-P

Edited by MidnightDawn
Had more to say about me...
  • Brohoof 1

Bullying for me has been off and on for me for my entire life that I can remember. In gradeschool is was prolly the worst only cause you do somthing silly or embarrassing one time and it gets tossed around to everyone you see everyday and names tend to get made up and so on. I was a sports player so team mates I didnt get along with would try to start altercations with me just to show people they could kick my ass but thankfully none ever took place. I just went along with my business but if I was placed against them in a sport you bet I'd be rough on them as i would blame the sport for my aggressiveness. I guess thats how i deal with a bully, just do somthing better than them whoever im getting into it with.

As of after gradeschool, bullying went almost completely away as people were more accepting but i still once in a great while someone wants to try and be all big and tuff and say crap and i just ignore them cause its not worth it. Big waste of time now a days. Adult bullies just never mature and its sad.

• Brohoof 2

No, but being homeschooled my entire life I was kept away from all that. I don't know, I'm the type of person who doesn't put up with any of that crap though. 

• Brohoof 1

I went to a pretty sketch elementary school where bullying was pretty rampant, so I have to thank my old friends for sticking with me and preventing me from being the loner who's usually an easy target. I've lost touch with most/all of them, but I'll always remember them, both the good and the bad parts.

In high school, I had really bad skin and was crazy self conscious, but I actually saw little to no bullying occur, and it also never happened to me. It seems I was lucky, based on the replies in this thread.

I’ve been bullied a lot before. When I was in Kinder, the same group of boys would always come up to me as say that I’m a weirdo just because I tend to talk to myself a lot and because I had no friends. Throughout 3rd - 7th grade, everyone is always picking on me for being weak, being unable to make a good joke, and they always made me the butt of all their jokes and teachers and staff did nothing about it. I was just a person who is easy to mess with. Thank goodness I don’t live in the same town.

But, when I was in 8th, my friends are always telling me that there’s nothing to worry about when one finds out that I love MLP. When I had my google classroom profile picture set to twilight sparkle, an entire table group during algebra began laughing at me and gossiping about me. That happened in March 2016 and that was the only last time I was teased/bullied. Now I’m here as a Junior in high school and never have I seen a single bully then.

Yes, many times. One time I got so fed up with a kid back in High School that I punched him square in the jaw. I'm not one who likes confrontation, but I had enough mental torturing.

• Brohoof 1

Meh, not a whole lot... just EVERY OTHER DAY OF SCHOOL from primary to halfway thru middle school.

As the quiet type, I was a target of choice for bullies. They always knew I wouldn't speak to the teacher about it. Because honestly, I didn't even know you were supposed to tell the teacher about it.

It got even worse when we moved abroad, after the first grade of middle school (that's 6th grade, in both Turkish and French systems). Being a Turkish kid in a school full of French kids, if you know the history between the two countries, can be rough to say the least.

Yeah. My brothers, my cousins, and kids at school all bullied me for being too sensitive, weak, and eccentric.

In a way I think it made me tougher, but I'm pretty sure it also contributed to half of the things that are wrong with me.

Nothing too severe, but yes I have. Most of them weren't physical, but simply verbal. In some rare cases, I would even consider being completely silent a form of bullying. Either way, i have been bullied all the way from Kindergarten to near the end of middle school. It happened before I moved to Canada and after. The years of bullying by my friends and family has made the majority of my insecurities that I have now, but the insecurities are also a small part of my personality, so strangely enough, I guess I'm sort of thankful? That isn't exactly the word I'm looking for, but I surely will not have been the person I am today if I hadn't been bullied. I would be much more rude and reckless, for sure.

• Brohoof 1

I have been bullied myself as well. I wasn’t really in elementary school until a bit later when I started bringing my stuffed animals. I was kinda a strange kid. Mostly I sat on the far bench and read with my stuffed animals. Then this one guy started taking them and my books and he said that he would burn them. He also bent them in painful directions (both boos and stuffed animals). Eventually, I just got really mad and I stabbed him with a pencil I had been holding the at the time (might sound a bit extreme but by then it had been going for a month and no one wasn’t doing anything about it). By some stroke of luck I was not expelled yet he was suspended (it was a strange school) and people where actually glad as they hated that guy as well so I was a hero for a week which was kinda fun (but then they got in my far bench).

Another time, when I went to a Youth group at this church, this kid bullied me for no reason and that went for a while before I fled and ended up in front of the church (I was actually behind a adjunct building before though so it was a bit far). Nobody really did anything till later and even after that it picked up again. So I left the youth group and never returned.

I have autism, so I guess that makes me more vulnerable than most. Now I am homeschooled and my friends have mostly left me. But now I have my fandoms and the people of the internet and my art. That is all I need in life :adorkable:.

I've never faced severe bullying, but I've been verbally pushed around at times, and I'm not taken seriously at school either due to me being autistic. I've heard people giggle and talk about me behind my back and it's annoying.

For most of my time at school... until high school (or rather the local equivalent of that) when it ended, as none of the bullies went there. There were times when I wasn't bullied, but then it all started again a few weeks (or at worst, just days) later...

And as for all the talk about being bullied making people stronger (which is probably true for some people), I can't say that happened to me at all. I can't think of a single positive effect it had... unless you count my difficulties in trusting most people, which I guess makes me less prone to being fooled by others. It took me years to actually properly realize the impact it all had. While there are definitely many people who came off a lot worse after similar experiences, I can't say I ever got over it completely...

• Brohoof 4