Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Your Most Serious Injury

Venomous

What is the most severe injury you have received? 

(Please no graphic photos)

The worst injury I had ever received was being bitten by a cat. I had to get stitches in my thumb and my forearm was scratched up really good. I was on antibiotics and had to file for workman’s compensation.

63658046-2FDB-4825-BA7E-6D95D3AE9644.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

I fell off my bike once and crashed into objects on the side of the road. It resulted in my arm bleeding quite a bit, in addition to the pain. I still have the scar from it.

It would have to be one of two things:

1. When I was a kid I was walking on a stack of cinder blocks when something happened and it collapsed. I ended up falling forehead-first onto one; requiring a stitch to mend it. Sadly, said injury was reopened in another accident involving ones of those Power Wheels vehicles. I had a scar on my forehead for YEARS, and while a remnant may be visible these days, it's hard for me to spot.

2. A sprained ankle while on a trampoline during my Junior High School years. Was not fun. D:

Last year (the injury was sometime in September), I was working at a store that sold furniture (among other things), and was carrying a table that had a thick marble top. It started slipping from my hands, so I tried to lower it to the ground gently so it wouldn't get damaged. When it was almost on the ground, it slipped out of my hands and crushed the big toe on my right foot (I would have moved my foot out of the way when putting it on the ground if it hadn't slipped; if I had let the table fall when it started slipping it would have fallen farther away from me).

That was at around 8 AM. I worked until noon that day, limping the whole time (no one was around when it happened, and I didn't tell anyone). When I got home and took off my shoes, I noticed that there was a ton of blood around that toe on my sock (before then I had no idea how bad it was). I couldn't work the next day (it happened on a Thursday) because my toe was extremely swollen, but I was able to go back to work on Monday (my toe was still in some pain, but I was able to work).

In addition to it bleeding and swelling, part of my toenail cracked. It stayed like that until a few months ago, when the cracked part of the nail fell off. When I noticed it starting to get loose, I was worried that the end of my toe would be exposed, with no nail over it. I was extremely relieved after it fell off and I saw that there was a whole nail underneath it (which is what caused it to get loose like that in the first place).

One time when I think I was 6 I fell off a couch at my grandma's house and hit my forehead on the edge of a rectangular small table, and I had to get stitches for it. (I think I bled a lot, too.) And another time when I was 8, I got on top of the globe at a Chick Fil A, and I fell and broke my left arm, and that very same Chick Fil A removed the globe it had there. True story. :twismile:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, AveryGamerDude said:

One time when I think I was 6 I fell off a couch at my grandma's house and hit my forehead on the edge of a rectangular small table, and I had to get stitches for it. 

The same exact thing happened to my older brother except it was at our house :o

When I was a teenager at an amusement part, I busted both of my knees resulting in them bleeding badly--I'll not explain how I did this as I feel that's personal. Anyway, I wasn't able to find my parents to help me resulting in the blood eventually drying after it ran down both of my legs.

I've never had any real serious injuries. I did have surgery when I was 6 years old but like @Emerald<3 says in her post, it was a medical condition I was dealing with that required me to have surgery...I wouldn't exactly count it as an injury. :P

• Brohoof 1

When I was 13, a firework blew up while I was holding it on my right hand. The explosion left a nasty wound on my right index finger, and left a little numbness on the middle finger beside it. That event was also the time I lost a lot of blood...probably.

I forget how old I was when it happened, but I knew it happened when I was in elementary school. I was bit in the leg by a German Sheppard and had to get stitches in my leg. I think I had a cast too, but I'm not entirely sure. I still have a scar on my right leg from when I was bit.

A few years ago I very nearly lost my left middle finger when I was using a table saw. I kept it wrapped up for months, soaked it in medical soap every day, and took these massive antibiotic pills to prevent infection. I'm missing about 1/3 of the tip of that finger now, though luckily there wasn't any nerve damage, and because of the very painful therapy I went through it still has its full range of motion.

That was my first and last time using a table saw. I'm terrified of them now and I refuse to use them.

The worst I've got is a particularly nasty rat bite on my right middle finger I got when I was 10. No stitches or anything were necessary, but I bled a lot. By a lot I mean I probably bled a good few ounces... :blink:

Not really all that serious, but it's the worst I've had.

I got hit by a car and fractured both the bones in my right shin in November, and I had to go to hospital and stayed in hospital for 4 days and only just recovered in like May!
I would say much around what happened when I was hit, but mostly forgot around that time because I was on Morphine to take edge off of the pain

• Brohoof 1

I was in a car accident in 2018, in which a drunk driver ran a red light and slammed into my side, forcing me into oncoming traffic. At least that is what the police report says since my last memory that night was pulling out of my driveway. 

That incident caused jaw and dental damage, had shards of plastic through my right hand, major concussion, buster ankle, leg, and knee. I had a few surgeries on my ankle and hand. Scars all over my body from glass and plastic, including some horrible looking ones on my right knee where .... things poked out. The graft looks better these days but it’s noticeable. 

I walk with a slight bounce that is more pronounced because of the work I had done. 

I've never really had a super serious injury. I think one of the worst might be over a decade or so ago where I took my big toe nail off or a portion of it.

Dunno if this counts as an injury, but here we go! I think I was around 22/23 at the time, woke up with pain in my stomach. I had work though, and at that age you’re invincible (or at least I thought I was). Went to work, pretended to ignore it. I don’t remember if it was any worse the next day, but went to work again. Third day was my day off, and my mom and I were going to Disneyland like we did every other week, and I certainly wasn’t going to the doctor on my day off, let alone Disneyland day. That night I had surgery because I was bleeding internally. Pretty heavily, actually. I needed several units of blood. They had to give it to me cold because my blood count was so low. Getting blood cold is incredibly painful. 0/10 would not recommend.   

I don’t think I’ve ever been too seriously injured...

Once, when I was around three or four or so, the corner of my eye got burnt by someone’s cigarette (we were outside at a graduation party). My parents had to call an ambulance I believe and I went to the hospital for the evening. But I don’t really remember it much as it was so long ago.

There was also that time I accidentally stuck my foot in a wasp’s nest :sealed:. But fortunately I was wearing thick shoes.

Edited by SparklingCaps

Without going much detail, I got a Herniated disc from work and have to suffer through sciatica. Can’t even sit or walk or do anything. But I’m better now except I would still get a small pitching pain on my right leg. 

• Brohoof 1