SPLinux

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Let me show you how it is done :sneer:

wp2.thumb.png.0c05e6afee61be4896806d558df2ea68.png

Spoiler

What do you think about the 16 color dither of Windows 3.1 @Jesse Terrence?

(You might have to click on the image to resize it to see the correct dither pattern)

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Let me show you how it is done :sneer:

wp2.thumb.png.0c05e6afee61be4896806d558df2ea68.png

Hide contents

What do you think about the 16 color dither of Windows 3.1 @Jesse Terrence?

(You might have to click on the image to resize it to see the correct dither pattern)

Did you just install a windows 3.1 to post a desktop capture of it, splashers? xD

And it brings me memories from when I used my windows 98 on my first laptop. But I had a silent hill 3 wallpaper xD

About what do I think, I think the ditter is good, though I always find those little reddish pixels sort of annoying to the eye, lol.

I personally have a mess on my desktop. And I usually don't change the default wallpaper. Besides, far too many people try to peek onto my screen, and is kind of awkward to have ponies there and being questioned about them.

• Brohoof 1

44 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Did you just install a windows 3.1 to post a desktop capture of it, splashers? xD

I have a special debug version installed in Dosbox, so that I can reverse engineer Windows, and its dithering, and other trade secrets. The desktop actually doesn't want to apply the default dither, so I used my program to generate it from the calculations that Windows does, that means any Windows that run 16 colors. It is a unique dither that cannot be reproduced in Photoshop!

I think I am cool, hehe! :wacko:

Just now, Splashee said:

I have a special debug version installed in Dosbox, so that I can reverse engineer Windows, and its dithering, and other trade secrets. The desktop actually doesn't want to apply the default dither, so I used my program to generate it from the calculations that Windows does, that means any Windows that run 16 colors. It is a unique dither that cannot be reproduced in Photoshop!

I think I am cool, hehe! :wacko:

Is a lot of reverse engineering work, indeed. I can tell you really put a lot of effort on what you do. Though I wonder what reasons might you have to perform such a hard task besides mere self amusement on what you might discover.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Is a lot of reverse engineering work, indeed. I can tell you really put a lot of effort on what you do. Though I wonder what reasons might you have to perform such a hard task besides mere self amusement on what you might discover.

Microsoft Windows, the old one that ran on top of DOS, made Bill Gates the richest man in the world. It is manageable to understand how it works, and a lot can be learned from it to create new products and ideas. My life depends on my knowledge, and there is nothing that stops me from understanding things. There is always a way!

9 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Microsoft Windows, the old one that ran on top of DOS, made Bill Gates the richest man in the world. It is manageable to understand how it works, and a lot can be learned from it to create new products and ideas. My life depends on my knowledge, and there is nothing that stops me from understanding things. There is always a way!

So you're a software dev? Noice!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mine is currently just an empty void, because I hide the taskbar (to save space), and don't have any icons/shortcuts, as well as no wallpaper. >o<

Saving space and resources wherever I can :P

Going through this thread (well, a couple pages anyway, not the whole thing xP ) was oddly nostalgic...

Thought it was time for a wallpaper change. Quite like this one ft. my favorite pony :wub: artist is Anticular. I try to keep the programs at least semi-organized by category.

998422942_Annotation2020-09-02225327.thumb.png.51e51867c3de93679ce98cbbd0240350.png

I'm gonna get a desk mount soon so I can put my second monitor back up. Really miss having a second screen, but it just uses too much desk real-estate.

And yes, I have the Epic Games store. Don't string me up for it. The ONLY reason I downloaded it is because PGI decided switch MechWarrior 5 from a Steam exclusive to an Epic Games exclusive, something me and many other people are still pissed about. At least they give out free games every now and then.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...