Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one who actually likes spiders?

Evilshy

because two cute doe eyes cannot stand against the eight glossy, curious, mystifying eyes of a spider.

It's the

Eye of the spider

It's the beauty of night

Rising up to the weaving of an artist

And all time's coolest killer

Gets her prey without fight

And she's melting our hearts with the eye

Of the spider

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I like spiders, well, at least the smaller ones. As I said before, they help me fight back against our common foe, the common house fly! The ones we have around here are pretty harmless to humans though, the worst damage they can cause to us is an occasional uncomfortable bite like a mosquito might cause.

I am a bit scared of the larger more venomous spiders in the same way I fear more venomous snakes. I find those green garden snakes kind of adorable in their own way.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I love spiders too! I just have to be careful about some of them though, like the black widow, recluse, and other that are deadly. However they are quite beautiful and facinating creatures to observe.

• 6 years later...

I don't hate them, though they make me uncomfortable to the point where I refuse to remain in the same room as one.

I like spiders but idk if I should get a pet spider because when I get pets like rabbits, birds, and dogs it might be dangerous to have a spider cause it might bite my other pets. IF it escapes from its cage.

I am actually quite fond of jumping spiders, they seem to have this endless curiosity for the world around them, rightfully so given their far superior eyesight to most other species of spider. Beyond them, they are not my jam much. I don't mind random house spiders as those little guys tend to stay out of the way and catch other bugs, which is fine by me. Anything else, as long as it stays away from me, we cool. I do find myself endlessly fascinated by tarantulas though, probably because they be huge. O_O

Spiders are probably the most wonderful creatures ever! I just wish that they stop sitting in my bathroom because I sometimes accidentally wash them off.

I once have this beautiful garden spider among my plants. It was big and beautiful, and it even helped my garden alot. I also learn that she won't attack me as long as I don't disturb it too much. So I sometimes give it flies, worms and other insects. Her children lived here for a while before they disappeared. 

Spiders are also an important part of my religion. And we are not really supposed to kill them.

As for snakes, they are wonderful. I just wish they are not too dangerous.

There are certainly people out there who like spiders. That isn’t up for debate. Hell, there are people who have careers in studying arachnids. I, however, am terrified of spiders. Whenever I find one in my house, I kill it or have my father do it.

I've always had a phobia of them. However, I have always found them fascinating and incredible. I've slowly been getting over my phobia of them by studying them and watching them whenever I come across one. I live in the UK so the largest I really come across are our house spiders which still give me the creeps. I can get close enough to observe, but any more and the shivers and the cold sweat take over. Seeing that I can't bring myself to ever kill any living thing intentionally, I've always captured them and put them outside in a place where they can survive. But it can be nerve wracking for me trying to catch them in the first place considering that the house spiders can be VERY quick.

Smaller spiders and daddy long leg spiders of any size, I have no problems with anymore. I actually have a few daddy long leg spiders living around the house at the moment and can happily hold them. Silly buggers keep getting trapped in the bath. I always have to leave a towel draped over the edge of the tub so that they have a climable surface to get out. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 2

Probably

I prefer ponies if I can choose them instead :). In my country there are no dangerous spiders at all, but they look creepy and as a child I was so terrified by them. Now I don't care that much because I know they can't do me or any else any harm. But still that childhood fear is deep rooted in my mind.

Spiderpony-someone_save_me-25802186-557-510.jpg

(edited)

I don't like them but I've gotten more accustomed to them. There was a daddy longlegs in my closet and it didn't even bother me I just went to bed.

Edited by Olly

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I like spiders, which is weird for a girl. I had a daddy long legs that made a nest in my old house and I took care of it!

Danger is danger though; I prefer to stay clear of undomesticated tarantulas, recluses, anything venomous...

Edited by Pastel Heart