Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

jacibobsthebrony

203 users have voted

1. 1. Has becoming a Brony changed your life?

• Yes
    • No

It has, at first I watched and enjoyed the show because I found it funny and relaxing, then I started looking up for brony musicians and later on I found out about EQD. But then shortly after BANG i found out about rule 34 and cloppers and it struck me really hard and from that moment being a brony frustrates me often. Because I thought this fandom was about nice and happy things and not about clopping. It frustrates me that people see it as normal thing when somebody faps to cartoon horses. And Iam considering to leave brony fandom and just carry on enjoying the show independently.

• 1 month later...

Finding this website. I have met amazing people on this website that are better friends to me than most of my friends in real life.

Oh A LOT has changed!

My friends well.... That's another story :-/ Cheak my profile and I have what happened.

It helped me though intense bullying I'm not gonna talk about how I got bullied. I'm much happier and much more kind! Overall if it wasn't for Lauren Faust I wouldn't be the same.

Being a brony led me to these forums. It changed my life significantly. I learned how to roleplay with a lot of fun, I made musical numbers for MLP's sake, and I've even thought the love and tolerate philosophy towards people who are different from me and who I don't like as much. 

(edited)

Yes it has, majorly. It has made me a little happier, (without it, suicidal thoughts would be rolling through my head) and it has also made me a little bit more tolerant of my situation, and also a tad less angerable.

It has also led me here.

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

Nanana:3 It made me see things more positive..Yeah that's about it..!

anyway it's awesome to be back here! Havn't been here since february(i guess) and it makes me kinda sad. Exams..they are brutal:D anyway i am back and hope to make some art anytime soon! But oh well i have doubts about my frequent presence here(summer, duh..) but i hope i won't need to abandon this place anymore. I like it here

Stay awesome guys 

• 4 weeks later...

I would it has substantially changed my life. I know it might seem kind-of silly but the show has influenced me so much, that it's like I'm an entirely new person. I am encouraged by the show to live a better life-style and help out more, run and workout a lot more.

What about you guys?

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

No, it really hasn't been that much of an influence on my daily life. I spend a lot of time on this forum, which only started after I became a brony, but I spent a lot of time online before too. I always did like to watch cartoons, so this was just one more in the list of shows I like that happen to be targetted at people younger than me.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 2

It's a yes for me. The show (and fandom) seemed to have made me a better person. I'm always trying to give people the best advice possible. I also seem to be a bit more optimistic than I normally would. I actually take some of the friendship lessons to heart as well. It's made me a bit more accepting of opinions as well.

post-15132-0-41313900-1374221775.gif

• Brohoof 4

I would say it hasn't changed me at all, i already tried to live with love and tolerance for everyone about the only thing thats changed is i been able to control my anger better dunno if thats MLP related though(see song "Monster" by Stemm off of Songs for the Incurable Heart albumif you wanna know what i mean) it could be related but who knows

Yes...

"Sadly"...

What, you're asking now why I would say that? Then let me explain...

I tend to neglect some things everytime I find something new I really like. And FiM caused me to neglect my study. It's still interesting, but I don't care thatmuch anymore... *sighs*

Why do I have to be so... emotional and instinct driven? At the same time I'm sometimes very "rational", but in the past few months, since I consider myself as a brony, that part of me becomes weaker and weaker. And it was the only thing that gave at least some kind of career-minded attitude...

Yes, because before watching this show, I use to be very almost hateful towards friendships, I still am sometimes, but way way less.

I was also depressed alot more often overall, but thankfully I'm much better off now. I still get my moments, but ya know.

Overall though the show has made me better off, i also have good friends and am less lonely.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Before becoming a brony: :(

After becoming a brony: :)

It has indeed changed my life and I can't tell you how much it has changed. I could only show you, but you didn't know me before I became a brony so that wouldn't help you. I was just depressed and you know.. It just brightened up my day and I'm happy all the time. Of course there are bad times too but very few considering how it used to be.

It helped me figure out what I want to do with my life and I'm actually looking forward to stuff. I used to hate friendship but now I'm actually interested in it I guess it's because "you all shared its magic with me". Anyway, it changed my life and I can't really show how much it changed me. But it did change me a lot.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

I would think so
The whole idea behind Cutie Marks and how "Everyone has their own special talent" has inspired me to get more involved and express myself a lot more through my own talents/hobbies, and has even got me thinking about my future and my career plan.

If I had never gotten into the show I'd probably just be sitting around the house with nothing to do (Even though I'm still guilty of that when my anxiety is a bit up), but now, I've found myself falling in love with music again, so yeah.

Ok, that was a bit cheesy..
Ooooor WAS it? :blink:

I seem to have regained some happy-go-luckiness in my personality and am able to look at the lighter things on life. Being a brony allows me to be more open about different aspects in my life that pre-brony I wouldn't have shared.

While it hasn't done anything extremely dramatic for me as it has some other people I have heard it has had a positive influence on me. It has helped with my depression by reminding me that things aren't always doom and gloom introduced me to some really cool people on this forum and brought back my creative side which has lain dormant for way longer than it should have.

Yes, it's caused me to waste a large chunk of my life on these forums. But these forums are awesome, so it's okay I guess xD

It hasn't changed me that much, although maybe it made me slightly more open-minded about stuff, although I've always been very open-minded.

Yes, becoming a Brony has caused a major change in my life. I browse the internet for MLP stuff all the time, talk about it, draw it, have became friends with people on the forum because of the common interest, and I'm bloody broke....

A lot.

I'd go so far as to say it's made me a whole new person. All the amazing people I met in the community, and the friends I've made, have changed me in so many positive ways.

It was a brony I met on these forums who inspired me to get in shape. Ever since then I've lost over 70 pounds and put on a bunch of muscle. I wouldn't be healthier if it weren't for him.

I've also met my first special someone thanks to becoming a brony. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Huge changes. Most of my friendships today are bronies, pegasisters, and I  own a lot of pony merch. :3 Somepony convinced me on here to get back with my special somepony, and we're still together to this day. :3

I think so. It has made me a happier, much busier person, and given me a creative outlet that i didn't quite have before. While I didn't take the making friends to the level the show recommends I have met a few that I'm very close to.

Okay. Where to start... Oh! Maybe by answering the OPs question. :3 Well, yes.

I earned my first money thanks to mlp by selling sculptures...

Made an account on Paypal that opened me doors to earning more money-I also improved my 3D graphics/post production skills thanks to this franchise, so now I can do it for cash! :3

I learned sculpting thanks to mlp.

I learned to sing (a bit, okay :D) thanks to mlp.

I got into closer relationship with one friend of mine. Now I call her my sister.

And most importantly, I've met my special somepony...

:3 :3 :3

Such a great, GREAT person! :3 :3

And well, not sure if I should give credit for what this pony's given me to mlp...

But without mlp, I wouldn't have it...

I am even more confident now... Some might argue whether this is a good thing, but for me it is! :3

I feel loved. And got cured. Turns out this special persons family does alternative medicine. I can now sleep 20% less while feeling more fit. :3

And not to mention support when I need it, like when I lost my credit card and thought I'd need to pay 100 bucks to get it back, but I was informed this is not needed thanks to new EU regulations... Saved me lots of stress.

And also... I was told I can spend 90% less on my cellphone bill and still call like I do normally. :3

And the list goes on and on...

• Brohoof 1

In a way, yeah I guess it has. Joining a large community with people who are some of the kindest, open minded people I've ever met. Before I wouldn't dare speak to something if it was concious and capable of speech.