Do you drive/ own a car?  

215 users have voted

1. 1. Do you drive?

• Yes I have a licence and a car
    • I have a licence but no car
    • I have no licence but I drive as a hobby
    • I have no licence and no car
    • other (post in comments)

My first car and what I believe is one hell of a first car is a 2004 grand prix gtp with the comp g package. It has a supercharger on it along with paddle shifters. I love the sound of the whine and the torque is amazing. Only thing I wish it had was a manual, but the car was not offered with that option. The paddle shifters are good enough for me though.

As for mods all I have done is a K&N intake and a Pioneer Touch Screen With Bluetooth. The K&N has increased the cars pickup and made the supercharger sound much more prominent and I love it.

Here is what my car looks like. Sorry I don't have pictures of my actual car. Mine looks similar to this one except it is a different color.

img-2467935-1-nampa3.jpg

What do you drive? Also do you have any mods done to it?

Edited by FurzVette

Heh. I do not have a car as such yet but I really do want to get a toyota supra, Bmw 318i E46, or maybe even a mustang!

I am still looking for a first car though. I am only 16 (As I write this.) I might post something here when I do end up getting a car. :D

@, Hey there! Turns out we already had a general thread for discussing cars and driving, so I merged your topic with the already existing thread. If you would, please try to run a search to see if your topic idea might already exist. Thanks! :)

• Brohoof 1

Okay in a more serious answer, I drive a vintage BMW but I don't care about cars so I have no idea what the year is. It's just a car my dad lets me drive since I don't have one dedicated to me. It has all kinds of responsiveness issues, to the point where getting into a normal car and trying to drive it throws me off significantly.

• Brohoof 1

Let's see .. my personal car is a '99 Nissan Altima, just rolled 200,000 miles on it not long ago.

My work vehicles .. well, it's either a Freightliner Cascadia or one of the Peterbilts, with a 53-foot trailer attached.

• Brohoof 2

I have my license and I drive a 2008 charcoal grey Chevy Cobalt. It's not the fanciest car on the planet but it gets me where I need to go. Plus it has an MP3 jack which I use constantly. The dash display goes out every now and then but it usually comes back on after I hit it a few times...

I used to drive a ford escape v6 2001 model since I was in high school and just had to leave it behind just recently. Had it from 115k miles and drove it till 160k miles. Now I am looking to get like a Honda civic or something similar to that or an accord good on gas and etc. I also like the Volkswagen golf gti as well. 

I have my license and I have access to my Special Somepony's vehicle but I've only ever owned my own car for two years of the MANY that I've been a licensed driver.

Theoretically, I will some day inherit my mom's car, which is a Toyota Camry but, at the moment, I am doubting it'll ever happen.  It's a really nice car, drives well (I've driven it) and currently has under 50,000 miles on it and has literally been driven only by a "little old lady" (my Mom, who is in her late 70's).

I'd love to have my own car, I think it would make things much easier. But I can't afford it right now.

• Brohoof 1

I have a car but no license. I've been studying for it and I had just about finished, then.. my boyfriend got into an accident and I saw how stressed he became and now I'm stressed and nervous to start driving. 

Edited by Sapphire-Ashes

Got myself a 2004 (I think?) Ford Focus.  Gets better mileage than my last one, plus it's literally about 4.5 feet shorter so it's waaay easier to maneuver it.  This is a good thing considering the driveway that I have.

well i used to drive my team's opel corsa a when i did rallies here in the north of Italy

112.jpg

Now my own personal car is a personally tuned Opel Corsa C (it was a 1.3 liter JTI) , added roll bar of course, remmapped ECU, slightly larger wheels, and new compression ratio, nothing much, it is my every day car

then sometime i rent my Father's car, A Volvo C30 R-design, moded to look like the volvo C30 polestar

volvo-c30-r-design_key_16.jpg

Edited by Doc. Volt
  • Brohoof 3

I unfortunately don't have a license and can't drive. You seei was born with a spacial perception problem, meaning it is EXTREMELY hard for me to gauge how close or far away to people and things. Went through the written tests and paid like 500 dollars for personal driving lessons, but failed like 20 seconds into the actual driving test for driving on the grass.

They told me I could retake the test if I went through the driving lessons again , which meant spending another 500 dollars. At that point I was like" you know what? Screw that"!

So, now I stick with 3 modes of transportation.

1. Walking

2. Friends/parents driving me

3. Public transportation

I received my license in August 2012, so I've been driving for nearly 2 years now ;).

My car is a 1992 Lexus LS 400 passed down from my Grandmother. We've had to bring it in for repairs more times than I can count now. It gets around 20 mph and only takes Premium gas, so you can imagine that I don't drive it that often. 

I drove once or twice to test it out and get accustomed to the mechanics when I get my license soon.

For a first time, I did extremely well!

Can't wait for my license, along with a car of my choice if possible.  :)