Do you drive/ own a car?  

215 users have voted

1. 1. Do you drive?

• Yes I have a licence and a car
    • I have a licence but no car
    • I have no licence but I drive as a hobby
    • I have no licence and no car
    • other (post in comments)

I drive a 2005 5 speed manual Mazda 6 sport. I worked 3 jobs through high school so I could afford it. It's seen better days though. I hit a deer about a year ago and I wasn't able to afford to replace the bumper. So it's got a sizeable break in it. And the shop I took it to didn't usually do paint so the paint on my hood looks really bad. Overall it's still a good car, it's clean and it runs good for having 140K miles on it, although it's about to to in to get some regular maintenance done in a couple days

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I drive a red 2001 Honda Accord V6 sedan. It has 153k miles on it and it's still running strong. Go Honda!

I wish it was a manual with rear wheel drive, though. I desire something a little sportier, once I get my own job and can afford such luxuries.

Edited by Regulus
  • Brohoof 1

"Yes, I have a license and a car".

My car is a 2004 Nissan Sentra. It's black, because I'm cool like that. Has around 80-90,000 miles on it. I don't use it for races, off-roading or anything like that. It's just a regular old sedan. It drives me from place A to place B. It does a great job at that goal too, and I like it alot. I should do something to take really good care of it. It's also comfy and compact. Cars made during the last decade seem alarmingly bulky to me.

• Brohoof 1

I drive probably the most pathetic car here but it gets me from point A to point B. I drive a 1988 Plymouth Grand Voyager. Albeit It's not in the greatest shape and has outlived it's years but it still moves so I guess it's still worth driving. I'd put up a picture but it's just to disgusting to upload after looking at some of your guys' cars. ^_^

before my current vehicle, i had my moms old '95 dodge caravan. wasn't in the greatest shape neither. drove fine for a while until i hit a big boulder that washed out and was sticking up in the road. that gravel road beat that poor van to death. bottomed out a lot.

don't currently have my licence. (ill get it back once i get glasses)

I'm currently driving A 1981 Dodge Power Ram 4x4. got it for $650 from my neighbor. drives alright, had a few issues with the carb though. not the best on gas, but i need a 4x4 where i live especially in the winter. plus its easier to work on than newer vehicles.

i like my old truck.

even so, i wish i had the money to buy that '55 Chrysler 300c my neighbor has. :P

post-21323-0-68748100-1400495182_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

No license, but I do have a car.

1997 Ford Explorer. Its not flashy, but it's reliable and gets me from point A to point B.

Just recently got a 2nd car because my old 2001 ford escape after having it for four years finally died out on me... I got a 2007 scion tc for 8500$ and I am loving the car :3

Scion_TC.jpg

Toyotas make great engines.

• Brohoof 3

And this is my fuel-eater- Chevrolet Tahoe ’95. It’s quite rare car for Russia, in our region we have only 4 of them (including mine). It’s my first and only car, although I had some experience of driving very different types of vehicles, from motorbike to large truck.

I’ve got it in prev year in very bad condition so I spent alot of days repairing and tuning it. It’s still in not quite good condition, but I like this car nevertheless. It’s great and powerful, just like Trixie. :)

Here’s some stories about it. Since I’m rather unexperienced but kinda self-confident driver, I always get into some little troubles and crashes. It has countless scratches and dents, like battle scars. I had collisions with tractor, posts, trees, fences, etc.

I stuck in the dirt: http://lia-ram.livejournal.com/83781.html

Repairs: http://lia-ram.livejournal.com/93563.html

I fell into a ditch: http://lia-ram.livejournal.com/99460.html (there are some ponies, BTW)

post-26154-0-58643100-1400863395_thumb.jpg

post-26154-0-89669300-1400863405_thumb.jpg

post-26154-0-74375400-1400863415_thumb.jpg

post-26154-0-80803000-1400864123_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

This was my babby, she blew up, defied physics, drove all the way to Le Mans and back, became a race car, blew up a second time, was seen in a MightyCarMods video AND inspired me to start Steedhunters, and then I sold her. I promised myself I'd buy her back one day.

O6lmVMC.jpg

This is my new babby, though. 2010 RenaultSport Clio III 200. French car, Japanese platform, British owned. It's built on the same platform as the Nissan Cube, but under that French bodywork is stiffened suspension, wider tires, Brembo brakes, and a 2.0L naturally aspirated 4-Cyl producing 197BHP, which is about 170HP/tonne. 0-60 comes in at about 6.7s, making it quicker than a mk6 Golf GTI. It's also prettier than a Golf, rarer than a Golf and louder than a Golf. She's been on a few adventures herself, including the Steedhunters meet at Silverstone, and if all goes to plan, she should be doing some rounds of the states next year, where she would be one of the most exclusive cars in the country.

V8BWxxG.jpg

Edited by Shaunnnnnnnnn
  • Brohoof 1

I've had my license for a year now. My current car is a 2007 Subaru Outback. (It's technically still my sister's but she's barely ever home due to college.)

I have a license, but no car of my own.  I am allowed to borrow my parents' '98 F-150 as needed.  We got the trust last May, and it only had about 33,000 miles on it.  Only 1 previous owner.

• 4 weeks later...

I have own a few cars over the years (I am 29 now) but right now I have two Jeeps. a 2009 Rubicon 4 door and a 1944 WIllys MB (WWII Jeep)

Killer MB! Nice JK as well, love the looks of the 4 doors. I'll have one of those someday.  :D

Since I posted last in here I sadly had to sell my Comanches, so I am down to one vehicle. A 2000 Ford Explorer XLT Sport that was my dad's until earlier this year. It's a one-off because it's a 4dr and Sports were only 2dr models. It's a nice rig with plenty of power, you ride nice and high in it, and it's pretty much fully loaded except leather seats. I'm just not all that comfortable driving it since I'm use to small pickups, sports cars, and old full-size trucks like my Gladiator or K-10s I had. So being in a "big" SUV is a new experience from a tiny sports car or regular cab truck.

This isn't mine, but it looks just like this.

61558653.jpg

Anyone want to trade for a mid-size/compact truck?  :derp:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

Here's my ride or die. 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Magnum...old guy is a bit rough around the edges, has over 200,000 miles but still has quite a bit of life left. I love him. :wub::wub::wub:

IMG-2101.JPG.12c611c5c173a525dd4a83715a20e7b4.JPG

IMG-2100.thumb.JPG.27465ed5af88191821dfb5db260143c7.JPG

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2