Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Twilight, Removed Derpy & More Hasbro Control Rumors

Mister Jack

tumblr_mftj2bVDaD1rcwouyo1_500.gif

Is this true?

Because if it is...I have lost all respect for hasbro. How the hell can you make a season four if your main protagonist is too busy doing other things and isn't rest the rest of the protagonists?

Besides one does not simply make a unicorn an alicorn. You don't do that, and I would like to see them attempt to do that. Because that would change the whole fucking show.

And about the Derpy thing. 

Why...that was the our thing. That was the main thing we got from hasbro, and they just take it away? She's just in the background. Why remove her?

Srsly Hasbro...

Srsly.

Guise... 

Wat r u doin. 

Stahp. ;~;

Edited by Double D

Hasbro probably is thinking that putting a pair of wings on the main character will want to make more little girls want to by the ponies. But they must also remember the a large amount of the show's viewers are bronies and we do buy the toys as well as little girls do. And if we don't like the toy as well, we won't want to buy the toy at all. Hasbro can't just think about what will make little girls happy, but they need to think about what will make us and little girls happy in order to make more money in the good way.

And for all we know this could not be true, these are just rumors that we are hearing, that's all. We all need to calm down and not worry as much as we are. Hasbro will find a way to please all the Bronys and Pegasister, I mean c'mon they love us. We are at least like 50% of there viewers. :)

Why hasbro, I thought you loved the brony's  :( ! Why would they try and make Twilight into an Alicorn what happened to all of the Mane 6 being part of the "Elements of Harmony"? I understand that Twilight is most likely the strongest of the mane 6 but she's powerful enough to be an Alicorn already  :blink: ? I think turning Twilight into an Alicorn is best saved for the series finale.

Now about them getting rid of derpy...

But back to seriousness, you can't just turn her back into a background pony Hasbro? While i would be a little sad i rather see her a little bit then not at all. It's really unfair to do this because it was the first sign that hasbro listened to it's viewers and also a symbolic message to everyone to be yourself. Next thing you know Hasbro could get rid of other background ponies. Maybe Lyra and Bon-Bon or Dj-pon3 and Octavia because some people claim their so close to each other because their a couple. I really hope that Hasbro hasn't stopped paying attention to the Brony community.

But in the end most likely these are just rumors and when we watch S4 (hopefully)we can laugh this off.

Ima guess that this thing...could probably be a hoax. I mean, it was kinda random to see a message saying: YO BRONIES! But the thing with the alicorn...uh...the picture looks pretty scary...as in a way I'm hoping that this could probably just a advertising tool, grabbing the attention of bronies, and I see this a lot! So, I'm gonna go on the agreement that this guy was probably on the web, found the photo, and made a story about it, and I was expecting, (and God, how I hate,) derpy being....cancelled. Bucking soccer moms. Anyway, I'm just going to say this is a fake!

It's reddit, I'd take it with a grain of salt it's possible and if its to be so it is. See reddit is like a fly by night credit card , filled with misinformed people imo. I'll believe it if Hasbro, states it themselves until then no way..

mqdefault.jpg

"Oh yea of little faith."

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/a-grey-muffin-related-pony-possibly-on.html

Proof that Derpy is in fact NOT being cut. It's still in the rumors section but I have other sources that can confirm she is not being removed from the show.

Victory dance time!!!

tumblr_m7dcgy1Vo91qghm9no1_500.gif

Edited by The-Master

I love Derpy, like she is my favorite background pony hooves down, but she is a background pony and fazing her out while sad wont make me stop watching.

Twilight being a alicorn bothers me a little simply cause her getting wings at this point seems silly. I mean it is going to take some magnificent writing to pull it off and have not seem awkward. 

I don't think Hasbro is trying to get rid of the brony crowd though. If they were they wouldn't be making stuff to sell at hot topic and other stores that cater to that type. You got to remember though at the end of the day it is about ratings. I just don't think there are enough bronies to keep the ratings where they need to be, thus changing stuff to try to bring more target demographic in.

img-1060569-1-mqdefault.jpg

"Oh yea of little faith."

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/a-grey-muffin-related-pony-possibly-on.html

Proof that Derpy is in fact NOT being cut. It's still in the rumors section but I have other sources that can confirm she is not being removed from the show.

Victory dance time!!!

img-1060569-2-tumblr_m7dcgy1Vo91qghm9no1

That's a fanmade episode.  It has nothing to do with DHX or Hasbro whatsoever, so it can't be cited as any kind of proof one way or the other.

Kill me. Kill me now.

Seriously they can't do that.

Twilight isn't supposed to be a goddamn Alicorn! She's supposed to be... Well... Just Twilight.

And that thing with Derpy doesn't bother me at all though... She's just a background pony.

Definitely fake, if it is real then I've lost every single ounce of respect for Hasbro. You can't just make Twilight an alicorn just like that just because of your shitty toys. Stop taking advantage of bronies for god sake!

But I still strongly believe it's fake, I just can't see it being real thing.

That's a fanmade episode.  It has nothing to do with DHX or Hasbro whatsoever, so it can't be cited as any kind of proof one way or the other.

The point is now that Derpy is not exactly going to disappear. I still hold high hopes that we will see her again, possibly even with a more prominent role. We'll see soon enough.

It makes me feel that Hasbro is just trying a little too hard, Maybe if Hasbro added a little more effort into their toys. They wouldn't need to do such a dramatic stunt to change something that is NOT BROKEN. [Especially derpy... <3] It's obvious from this point the best income hasbro gets is possibly the show and some shirts, not so much from DVD's though. [Too many pirates..] They were doing great until I read this. I'm slightly disappointed and also more confused more than anything. I just hope watching the rest of the episodes will explain the changes. 

Lets discuss the toys for a minute, you go to the girl's section of a wal-mart or something. [Not the best place for toys mind you]

They have small generic recolored ponies with different random names that aren't related to the franchise at all. I mean, I paid two dollars and got fluttershy... but it was just a recolored rainbow dash. The extent of greed is what corrupts most things, I've seen money turn good things into "Justin Beiber 2.0" Which is scary. The toys would be a lot better if Hasbro actually took the time and used their resources. Sure, MLP is a big thing since 1989 and I used to have all sorts of pony toys as a little girl. It's just they want to mass produce it and think quantity over quality... Then they pull this out of nowhere which is just a massive "WTF" to the fan-base. 

Even the "Good" Toys are crap as well, they don't even bother trying to make their manes & tails the way they are suppose to. [i can see being a LITTLE difficult]  Almost 15$ for a toy that barely resembles to a pony of the mane six. No thanks..

Plus, if I want toys I'd rather buy from the fan-base. [because everpony puts love in every one <3] Even more detailed as well.

If anything is positive about this is a new season, which we can hope would be worth it... The main thing that bugs me is Twilight being an Alicorn though. I mean it's kinda stupid, sort of like picking a pony-persona. 

Choose your race!

Earth Pony:

Pegasus:

Unicorn:

ALL OF THE ABOVE (Alicorn) ...[Trollface]

Sorry for the rant everypony... ;~;

Why I think derpy left the series was either because she caused too much controversy with people thinking that it makes fun of disabled people or some of the fans hate over Meghan McCarthy voicing the character, that she got mad and removed derpy from the show,

If Twilight Sparkle "must" become an alicorn now, I have faith that the creative staff will handle it as well as possible.  They've done a good job with everything else that's been mandated so far.  But when the series finally does end and we wonder when MLP:FiMs "jump the shark" moment was, Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn is what everybody will say. 

Exactly! If Twilight does become an alicorn, it's possible the creative staff and the writers will keep her as a unicorn as much as possible, but maybe her wing power comes out when it's needed. Or she could gain wings with a magic spell she learns.

Let's just wait and see what happens with Twilight. I for one wouldn't object to her becoming an alicorn. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *sob* WHY HASBRO?! WHYYYYYY?! *Sob* WHY WHY WHYYYYYYY?! *sob* OF ALL THE THINGS THAT COULD HAPPEN, THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE THING!!!! *sits in closet utterly depressed*
  • Brohoof 1

You all do realize that the Derpy toy is no longer being sold and that Hasbro doesn't actually make the comic that's being published right now, right?

Hasbro doesn't make the show either, yet they have the "power" to change it, why not stopping her from appearing in comics then?

I registered just to comment in this thread, even if it's a bit old.

I believe the first time I saw this was on DeviantART, by a person working for the show... Now, I can't seem to find that post for the life of me, seeing as I watch way too many people, but I think that Reddit post might just be a screenshot of the journal.. Curse my poor memory

Also, a lot of things point out to this actually happening, so I wouldn't brush it off until it's officially announced that it will/won't happen. As much as I want this to be fake, I do think the show has lost any creativity by this point and they probably think that alicorn Twi will probably "push" the things a bit. Happiness for the little fans of the show...and rage for many bronies. 

I really don't support this idea. I see Twilight turning into a Mary Sue character. Not to mention I can't imagine how the rest of the girls fit into this whole scenario. A princess will have many things to learn and have no free time to spend with friends. And even though this kind of gives something to work over (Twilight trying to be a princess and still spend time with the gang) if there is barely anything about the rest of the cast, then I am SO done with this show! Twilight's not even one of my fave ponies. If I want to watch Twilight only, I'll go watch the sparkly vampires and then bleach my eyes or something..

gosh, i hope so! *crosses fingers* Twilly might not be my favourite pony, but I'd hate to see her character ruined ;v;

still, you never know, they might deny it so they don't leak any info...

i guess in the end all we have left is to wait and see. 

it still bugs me what the S3 promo meant by finding her true destiny (or whatever it was that they said)

The only thing that I'm worried about, if twilight was to become an alicorn, is what that would mean for the rest of the show. I don't mind her actually becoming an alicorn, if that's something that celestia has been planning for her this whole time, but that would obviously make for a great deal of change.

Yeah, I think it upsets the balance if this were to be come true.  Yes she's great at magic, but at the end of the day, the mane six is 2 unicorns, 2 earth ponies, and 2 pegasi.  And while Twilight may be the de facto leader, she's still "one of them".  By her ascending to a higher level like this it sets her apart from the rest.  I'm a firm believer in the "Alicorns should only be for those with godlike status" anyway. 

Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the above tweet is true and *not* just trying to throw us off the trail.