Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash Fan Club

Tomiix

I have three mane favorite ponies, one of them is Rainbow Dash. My reasoning for her being one of my top favorites is her character. She is so out there, doesn't give a care what anyone else things about how she acts, looks etc. She's the tomboy of the ponies which is kind of what I am like, especially when I was growing up.

I also am drawn to how protective and helpful she is to her friends. I mean obviously they all are like that, but with her personality it really could have gone either way so I like the contrast.

• Brohoof 1

I have to say, I don't really like Rainbow Dash personally, but I do appreciate the value she brings to the show and understand on some level why she's so popular. 

She, along with Rarity, is among the two most complex and well written characters in the show.  They both have a lot of qualities that can rub people the wrong way.  Rainbow can be obnoxious, cocky, and very aggressive and "in your face".  But at the same time, while those qualities turn me off from her, I can see that a lot of people could find that cute or endearing, and they could take it in stride as evidence that the character, like the rest of us, isn't perfect.  And in spite of all these qualities, she's very loyal, very driven, has a goal in mind with her life and is passionate about that goal, but at the same time won't let that goal get in the way of what she thinks is right. 

I don't like her much personally, her aggressive approach to things is definitely a turn off.  I think part of it is also Hype Backlash from the fact that it seems she's *everywhere* in the fandom.  But looking at her "objectively" (that is, by the qualities in what I would consider a well written character) I have to say that she's quite well written. 

Guess this is not what you'd expect from someone who ranks her near the bottom of the character list, but hey, give credit where credit is due, I guess. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Hey.

Hey gaiz.

Know what?

post-4006-0-41643700-1378971512_thumb.png

Dashie is losing to a marshmallow.

Go stop that and stuff.

The topic's lost major steam since it sat around for months on end with it's creator Tom up and vanishing, so, let's revitalize it a bit. There's less than a week left. Let's have it out with the Rarity fans. If we are truly fans of best blue rainbow pony, then it is our civic duty as bronies to aide her in her hour of need against the greedy marshmallow queen.

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to be honest...RD used to be my least favorite mane 6 member, but she slowly got bumped up to the third spot...she's an awesome pony.

Random pictures time...

rainbow_dash_user_icons_vol__2_by_shellt

rainbow_dashicorn_by_pixel_prism-d6gbrhr

rainbow_dash_by_zoiby-d6e5svk.png

rainbow_tones_by_spacekitty-d58vu47.png

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash was the first pony I saw and knew by name, so she became my favourite instantly, she is awesome and the coolest pony of the mane six, and loves to fly, to a point she can break the sound barrier, the famous sonic rainboom. Just to watch how she is animated is amazing, the animators do a fantastic job at expressing and exaggerating her athleticism, some may see Rainbow as boastful and spiteful, but she is a tomboy with feminine quality, and Rainbow boasts of feats that she can do and have done, and that is a good thing, to brag about events to be proud of. However, it's her loyalty I love the most, she is there for her friends and Equestria, Fluttershy is pony that maintains the closest friendship with Rainbow Dash, since both came from Cloudsdale and are pegasi, while both ponies are polar opposites, they do enjoy each other's company, and many episodes do have Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy together, it's when Rainbow Dash becomes as sensitive as Fluttershy and displays emotion, I absolutely love it. Rainbow Dash, you're amazing, loyal and vigilant, a good quality I can see in myself, in fact what many Rainbow fans could probably see in themselves, and that is power, plus I adore her rainbow colour mane.  

Edited by King Edward
  • Brohoof 4

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love rainbow dash <3

Can you tell? :P

There's a Rainbow Dash fan club?! Why didn't I find this sooner?! I wanna join! I love Rainow Dash, she's the one that got me into ponies in the first place!!! :D

Me too :)

She is and always will be the best in my eyes!

Some people choose their favorites from mane 6 according to the principle: "It's very much like me, she is close to my character". I'm not one of such people. My favorite - Twilight Sparkle has only one similarity with me - she likes to read (but Rainbow loves to read, too, if it's novels about Daring Do of course).The majority of my nature resembles the nature of the Rainbow Dash. The similarity of approximately 70%, other 30% can be allocated to Fluttershy and Applejack. I must admit that at the beginning of my watching MLP, my favorite pony was Rainbow Dash, precisely because of reasons the above described here ^ But soon her character started to seem a flat compared with Twilight. I thought that the Rainbow is a character which is easier to fall in love at the first stages of view MLP, because all her advantages lie on the surface, but inside she is a "dummy".

At the moment I realize how much I was wrong. First, I realized that the MLP havent flat characters, there is no "dummies". Without exception, all the characters from the mane 6 deep and complicated (even Pinkie Pie) And Dashie is anyone, but it's not exactly "dummy". I must admit that so far Rainbow Dash is a mystery to me, I can't say that I understand her, so I reserved a place for her between the second and third position, in my personal top.

Rainbow Dash as a character has a huge potential that has not been spended. It was the same with Rarity, its not spent the potential and the good work of the writers on the disclosure of her character has led to her immense popularity now. I think that disclosure of the character Rainbow Dash should be connected to its relationship with the Scoottolo, but it's just mine opinion.

In the end I would like to express gratitude to the person who raised this thread on top, now a lot of fans of Rainbow Dash are able to find their "Quiet Harbor". I wish your fandom award for the development and prosperity of.

post-23053-0-87485900-1389796993.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Dash is a character that tends to be underrated by some because they think she's just an annoying braggart. Hell, I used to be one of them. But I think she has more to her than some give her credit for, and as much as I didn't like season 3 in general, I did come away with having a better impression of her as a character. Not my favorite, but I see the appeal.

• Brohoof 3

I really don't see why some people love Rainbow Dash so much. Seriously, imagine hanging out with someone like this in real life. Having a friend brag about how "awesome" they are all of the time would be incredibly annoying. I know I'm going to get flak for saying this in a Rainbow Dash fan club thread but I'm genuinely curious. What do you like most about Rainbow Dash?

What do you like most about Rainbow Dash?

I like that underneath that underneath that brash, reckless ego is a big sentimental softie. Rainbow Dash is still cocky and still reckless but she has matured the most of the mane 6 especially in season 3.

• Brohoof 2

Hell, I see non-RD best-poniers posting here atm, so I might as well join in on the small raid :D

Me, being a pretty gersh-dern huge Rarity fan, used to bag on little 'ol RD quite a bit; my main problem, even though my voice was spouting about her arrogance and other flaws, was how her cockiness was viewed by many as "a great flaw," but Rar's vanity was more or less "rude and bitchy." That irritated me to no end, so I put RD's head the to the metaphorical chopping block to compensate for the perceived hypocrisy and stupidity of which I was seeing, which, of course, was pretty hypocritical of myself.

However, as I hung around more and kept getting pretty damn offended by Rarity hate, something finally drove a nail in my head and said "Goddammit, ghost, you're being just as big of a douche here, so shaddup." 

So, enter road the redemption; I stopped viewing RD's appearances with intent to criticize and look for things to attack about her character, and instead viewed her with an open mind; and, whaddya know, she's pretty damn awesome in her own right B)

While it isn't a full-scale war by any means, I still see a bit of a small rivalry between the Rarity fans and RD fans, which is kinda ironic to me. Just know that I tip my hat (that I don't have on :D) to you dudes, and I doubt I'll be posting here ever again, but you all stay awesome, dudes!

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 5

Rainbow Dash is an awesome character in the mane 6, I like how much she likes making sure she's awesome. Like in Rarity takes Manehatten about the play, she says how cool it is and then realizes she's not being awesome. Just my views. She's a great pony though.

What do you like most about Rainbow Dash?

Her dedication to her dreams, but her willingness to put her principles and friends above them when the chips are down. Her attitude and utter adorableness are up there as well :wub:

503857__safe_solo_rainbow+dash_bipedal_p

Looking forward to a great performance from Dashie in this weekend's episode as well :).

• Brohoof 2

I'm still hoping that there's an episode in the future where we see a girlier side of Rainbow. Plus I like seeing Rainbow in pretty dresses, oddly enough :3

99494__safe_rainbow+dash_dress_gala+dres

• Brohoof 4