Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst game made

Reani

I have seen a lot of bad games made. There are games that the idea just plain out sucked, and then there are games that just had bad game mechanics. I like playing those bad games so I can have a good laugh (I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one). I want to see a list of games that you consider bad, and I want to know why it was bad. I'll start off by listing one game I saw on YouTube.

409998-country-justice-revenge-of-the-re

This game is horrible because it is plain out broken. They video in which I saw this game explained all the finer points of the game. 

• Brohoof 14

img-1188520-1-warz1.jpg

It may not be the "worst" in terms of playability and other features, but I hate this game with a passion. Like, hate hate. Empty tin cans in a tent hate. No love and tolerance here.

• Brohoof 3

ET for the Atari 2600 gets VERY unfair treatment. It's bad. Very bad but so were many Atari games. If it wasn't for it's legacy it would just be another lousy 2600 game. There's plenty of games from that era that bad, ET wasn't the first, but it was the most impactful.. But does that really make it the worst game ever? I don't think so. There's worse.

Superman 64 is a better choice out of the "popular ones to hate". I can at least complete ET. As bad as it is it's more functional than this one. I can't even complete the first stage, and the more I research into this game, the more I see how bafflingly broken it is. Most games people call "bad" tend to be games that have the framework for something that could be good, but are generally unrefined and unfun. Superman 64 isn't this. It barely qualifies as a game.

The question that separates bad from terrible games is with a bad game you ask "What could make this better?" and have different answers. With terrible games the only answer you can give is "Not be this game." Superman 64 is one of those games. It can't be fixed. It has to be something completely different from what the finished product is.

This is why I scoff at gaming hipsters who say "Pfft.. Call of Duty is a terrible game." You have not played "terrible" if that's your definition. Gain some perspective.

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 6

Well we have all played a lot of bad games so this was a hard question to me but there is a game that came out not that long ago called

Aliens: Colonial marines 

When i played it the problems stuck out almost immediately within the first 20-30 minutes of the game

-Bad writing 

-Terrible AI

-Game play becomes boring within the first hour or two 

And the game actually starts to feel like CoD at the end of the tutorial ( No i don't hate CoD i think it's a fun game but not the best )

and while graphics don't make the game it doesn't mean that you shouldn't pay any attention to how a game looks at all ( Obviously ) the game looks terrible with a lot of FPS drops ( at least on the console ) of course not everything about the game is bad it does have some positives like the sound and the lighting are pretty good but other then that there isn't that much good about the game i stopped playing after like 3-4 hours since i just got bored with it and the problems became to much for me too handle ( i seriously walked through a object in the game at one point and through my squad member ) maybe i will force myself to play through it eventually but i don't know when i will do that this is just my opinion on the game but here are some reviews of it 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGX2WE4QUw8 

Edited by Gamer Brony
  • Brohoof 2

Oh so many games come to mind, but the first one is Spongebob Squarepant's Boat-o-Cross!

This game has such bad mechanics...it just, well, if someone hasn't linked you to it already, check it out for yourself.

As far as console games, the last terrible one that I played through was Fairytale Fights on 360, it was the only game I've ever traded back in because I didn't like it.

ORION: DinoBeatdown

That game sucks, the trailer and screenshots of it are incredibly misleading, the gameplay is confusing as hell with no context for what is going on and the controls are sluggish and just plain terrible, the graphics make me want to throw us, the AI is the worst I've ever seen. The objective appeared to be to kill waves of dinosaurs and stop them killing your generator, I discovered pretty quickly that if you stood on top of a building, the dinosaurs would simply line up for you to shoot them, even if they kill your generator, nothing happens.

Can it be some freeware game made by an 11 year old? If so, these GameMaker games I used to make would take the crown. If not, I'd say Action 52 on the NES. If you've never heard of it, AVGN did a review of it. I've played it on an emulator. It redefines the word suck.

Edited by Betez

I think there are a lot of bad games made in history but there is one I would say takes the cake besides Superman N64.

Spiderman 3- Pretty much a pointless game, the only good part is fighting Sandman. When you fight Venom, I find it very sad that you have to fight 2 villains as Spider-Man.

Dragonball Z Ultimate Battle 22

Between the ugly artstyle, shitty controls, and ear raping sound, as aDBZ fan back then this game absolutely broke my heart

• Brohoof 5

All of the mentioned are bad, bad games, but do you guys wanna know the absolute worst one in history of mankind? It's called "Plumbers don't wear ties" for the crappy console system called the "3DO". It's so fucking bad, the devs of the people should be executed. Here's the link to the wiki page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plumbers_Don't_Wear_Ties

Here is AVGN's review of the game, the review itself starts around 4:00. Please watch it just for the sake of seeing the worst game made by humans

• Brohoof 4

I know picking out the obvious games that a lot of people know is...well, obvious but Superman 64 is one I need to add in my case since I grew up with the game with my brother Mark. Funny how I enjoyed that game with him xD what I was a kid, sue me

Another N64 game being Clayfighter 63 1/3. That's a game that tries way too hard to be funny and is a terrible fighter. Although like with Superman 64 its fun to play them for other reasons then playing the game xD

Sonic The Hedgehog (Sonic '06).

Seriously, go down to the nearest game store, and buy this game. It's worth the $10 you'll pay just in laughs and frustration. Trust me, you will most likely regret it.

• Brohoof 2

I have seen a lot of bad games made. There are games that the idea just plain out sucked, and then there are games that just had bad game mechanics. I like playing those bad games so I can have a good laugh (I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one). I want to see a list of games that you consider bad, and I want to know why it was bad. I'll start off by listing one game I saw on YouTube.

img-1188513-1-409998-country-justice-revenge-of-the-rednecks-windows-screenshot.jpg

This game is horrible because it is plain out broken. They video in which I saw this game explained all the finer points of the game. 

Oh my god I remember this game, ugly and broken as hell! I remember playing a demo and wondering if it was some sort of joke.

For me I'd say the worst game ever is Duke Nukem Forever. 13 years in development and we end up with something that is out dated, not funny, has terrible graphics, worse gameplay and to make matters worse its short with no replay value.

Although it only just beats Diakitana.

Master of Orion III.  The first two games were legendary, and helped define the genre.  They had excellent detail, great graphics for their time, and had some of the most addictive one-more-turn gameplay I've ever encountered.  They were flat-out FUN, and when I heard that, yeeeeears after MoO II a third game was being released?  I was very excited.  I bought the game the week it was released, which I never do.  I always wait until the price has dropped.

I was so disappointed in the actual game, I wanted to spit bile in the eyes of everyone who had creative influence in the game.

The space combat graphics were WORSE than in its predecessors, which is enough of an embarrassment to close a game studio by itself.  Instead of a neat map of each planet, showing the structures you'd built, you were shown a vague painted backdrop with a spreadsheet in front of it to manage your stuff.

The AI was broken, acting totally insane, making negotiations impossible.  Their graphics were the only ones I would really call improved, and yet the animations were misused.  They'd behave angrily when they were happy, and probably vice-versa.

I tried playing it for a few days, giving it a fair shake, but there was no fun to be had.  It was bad from one end to the other, universally panned by fans of the first two games.  Oh, did I mention it was buggy?  Yeah, that too.

• Brohoof 1

Going old school here... the Ren & Stimpy game for Sega. I finished it in an hour. It never got challenging. There was a dearth of amusing game references. It was rushed through production even more than the infamous E.T, game.

Anybody remember the viral elf bowling game from the late 90's? Well, there's a bit of history to this, but I'll try to sum this up fast: NVision Design sold the rights of Elf Bowling to Ignition Entertainment and they decided to sell elf bowling 1+2 on the DS to the casual gamers for a quick buck.

I actually liked the game, but that's because it didn't cost $20! It was kind of a joke game to pass around the family, not something to market! It was a simple timing game and unbelievably easy to perfect.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Sonic The Hedgehog (Sonic '06).

Seriously, go down to the nearest game store, and buy this game. It's worth the $10 you'll pay just in laughs and frustration. Trust me, you will most likely regret it.

OH GOD YES THIS. Even if you take out the crappy storyline, the irritating controls and the pointless quests, there's still the loads and loads and loads of loading to make it a totally pants game.

Shadow The Hedgehog is at least amusing in parts, despite being almost as bad a game. And there was a great parody cartoon done of it. But Sonic '06 is beyond redemption. I also want to smack Silver's voice actor with something very heavy. -.-

• Brohoof 1

The worst game I've played as far as I can remember would be... Duke Nukem Forever

DukeNukemForever.jpg

But a game I know is the worst game ever made is, without a shadow of a doubt: E.T

250px-Etvideogamecover.jpg

This game is an abomination. So much so that game copies have been buried... somewhere to a desert, I think?

Edited by Koori
  • Brohoof 4

Let me tell you a story about a relativity obscure PS2 hack n' slash I own called "Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse" picture a shitty Diablo clone that has no story or cut scenes, and nothing but running around doing pointless fetch quests in the same handful of areas over and over to grind for a 100 hours until the final boss shows up.

That's the whole game, grind for 100 hours and hope you strong enough the fight the big bad. It's literally a training montage in game form. 

I couldn't take more then a couple hours of it. 

But the worst game I know is the worst game ever made is, without a shadow of a doubt: E.T

This game is an abomination. So much so that game copies have been buried... somewhere to a desert, I think?

Yep.  The problem was that Atari made SO MANY copies of this game (around 4 million of them) that around 70% of the copies could not be sold.  (Some accounts say that they actually produced more cartridges of the game than there were Atari 2600 consoles at the time.)  Atari's official account was that they dumped the unsold stock in a landfill in New Mexico.

I have two entries to add to this list of "Worst Game Ever":

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (PS2): Described by Gamespot as an "unplayable train wreck of a game".

and...

Popeye Saves The Earth (Pinball): Easily the worst-designed pinball machine I've ever seen.  One of the last ones Williams/Bally/Midway made before exiting the business.

War OF WarCraft
Mind Craft
Age of Empires
Age of Mytholigy

Rise of Nations
Face Book games (too many to list)
(most fighting games)
(most sport games)
Call of Duty (its starting to get there)
cut the rope

Angery Birds
(basicly ever Mobile/cellphone/tablet game)

Edited by MadDoggyca

Tough question. Lots of people will say Sonic '06, or E.T. Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde is another famous example, along with Plumbers don't wear ties and the CD-i zelda/mario titles and superman 64. But my most hated was the Action 52, because it was insanely expensive, and most of the games it came with were broken. Then again, the ones that weren't would have been more fun broken.

• Brohoof 1

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. I don't know if it actually is worse than the others, but it's bad. It is a racing game with:

-No AI

-No multiplayer

-No physics

-No leaderboards

-No highscores

-Gamebreaking bugs

-Blatant Lies

-Engrish

-Poor graphics

and it was released as a full retail game requiring MONEY to purchase.

• Brohoof 5

Well, for me the title of worst game ever has to go to Pumkin (notice how they can't spell pumpkin) education world. Seriously, the game just plainly insults the intelligence of young children, is downright creepy (seriously, look at those faces...), buggy as hell, as well as the fact that the entire thing was drawn in MS paint. And remember, you paid money for this!

Edited by Spess
  • Brohoof 6