Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you usually wear in public?

Harmonic Revelations

Clothing  

330 users have voted

1. 1. What do you usually wear in Public?

• Formal Clothing
    • Casual Clothing
    • Nothing at all!
    • Other (Specify in post)

On a good day, I find a pair of dark (like a paled, dark blue), loose fitting jeans and a black T shirt. A fat guy's gotta wear a black T shirt. On a less than good day, I either re-wear the same jeans or just slap on a pair of less than comfortable jeans. I did like wearing green army camo jeans paired with either a black or deep blue shirt, then on the first day of gym when we were stretching... fuck. At home, I wear the same 3 sweaters always and fleece pajama pants. On an occasion (family birthday, graduation, wedding) I have a black cuffley and a vest like shirt that makes me look semi sexy when paired together. For shoes, if I'm not wearingmy dad's sneakers, I'm wearing a pair of combat boots. I think they're combat boots, I don't know, nor do I give a damn.

I LOVE baggy clothes, especially menswear. My friend gave me his sweater once when I was freezing and, since he's 6"2 and hugely muscular, it pretty much went to my knees (I'm only 5"9 1/2). I stole it after that; I still haven't given it back XD Apparently I went to a male lacrosse championship.

Usually I wear a long sleeved sweater two to four sizes too big and leggings. I'm fond of boots and wooly pom pom hats as well. I'm fairly eclectic with accessories. I like some dresses in the summer, and longer skirts. I can be a little girly, even though most of my closet is black.

Edited by PinkieDaShy

Usually whatever fits the weather. I want to invest in clothing that has a bit more of a style to it at some point. I wear Brony shirts a lot though, which has gotten the attention of other bronies and a pegasister.

So yeah, casual. Can't really care if people think I am formal, unless I am at a formal event, which I never am.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a t-shirt & jeans kind of girl, so I never really wear anything fashionable UNLESS there's a special occasion like an interview or a date or well...anything eventful. Overall, during school or going out to the store for random reasons, I go for a clean, lazy look. xD

At the moment I am wearing a blue t-shirt, skinny jeans, and boots...as well as a black scarf since it's cold outside.

Tshirt and carpenter jeans with my leather jacket is my usual look. It's comfy, warm and pretty versatile. Oh trainers too, but ones designed for tough terrain walking not running ones.

Edited by Fridge

Depending on the time of the year I will wear either shorts or sweats but regardless will nearly always wear a t shirt one of those t shirts being this Discord shirt.

Voted 'other.' I've been working in the field for the past month and a half so I wear 'extreme weather' clothing which consists of goose-down coveralls, a goose down parka, a toque, a face mask and insulated steel-toe boots.

Fun fact about the boots -- even though they're insulated, the steel toe gets extremely cold. So when you go inside to warm up your hands/face and your blood isn't pumping so much because you're sitting around, the steel toe basically acts as a refrigerator. My toes are actually coldest when I'm inside trying to warm up. Just thought I'd share that :)

When I'm at home or at the office I dress casual -- jeans and a t-shirt or sweater.

Casual

Normally I'm wearing jeans for sure. I'm also wearing MLP related t-shirt on near daily basis. Only have 4 shirts for now, more on the way :D

Since I love camaros too, I have to wear my Camaro5 hat as well

I'm fairly casual, although I usually have something that makes me look semi-professional, should something important come up. Usually I'm wearing a T-shirt (with some kind of geek/pop culture reference on it), and either blue or black jeans, and my black zip-up sweatshirt is close at hand.

If I think I might see someone with whom I need to make a good impression (without being over the top), I opt for the black jeans and take my black sweatshirt with me - that way I can don a full black outfit and cover up the geekiness at the same time.

I do admit that I very much enjoy wearing a sports jacket and tie; there's nothing quite like a black suit and sunglasses to really make a good first impression. In fact, there's a huge psychological game behind what you wear and how it affects interactions with other people - I find it fascinating. For example, black is a color that tends to represent authority, and it makes people look thinner, while brown (apparently) enhances communication.

Here's an infographic on the subject:

img-1193644-1-ClothingColor_Inforgraphic

Yet another infographic:

what-the-colors-say-infographic.png

Edited by CloudFyre
  • Brohoof 1

Since I'm a hobo, I wear the same clothes every week. They are mostly black except for one pair of jeans and a couple t-shirts.

My overall attitude towards fashion can be described very easily:

this%20heres%20all%20the%20f%20i%20give.

But I always love a piece of clothing that helps me trying to hide that I'm overweight.

Unless it's an important event, I almost always wear casual clothes. I don't usually care what I'm wearing. I'll just throw on a shirt and some pants and out I go.

Shorts (even in the winter), t-shirt, hoodie, skate shoes, DJ headphones. I'd probably dress a bit more swankily if I had the money to do so (Rarity's definitely rubbing off on me), but I don't because I'm a poor musician/artist.

I always have the money for shoes though.

It kinda depends where I'm going, but it's usually an assortment of Black/red/neon blue leopard print skinny jeans, black t-shirts, black shirts, black/skeletal/stripy sweatshirts, Visual Kei styled tops, pixie hoodies, skirts, boots, platform boots, arm warmers, neon synthetic dreads, black monster fur stuff, earrings, necklaces, chockers, rings, black coats, a dark purple jacket. I also have a couple of straight jacket styled outfits and a kimono type thing.

A lot of my clothes are either Lip Service, Cyberdog, or GLP/Sai Sai.

I also always wear two layers of socks because screw the system.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

I don't know about everyone else, but I like to wear clothes when I go out. I learned a long time ago that one should wear clothes in public. At least back then I wasn't a harry Italian. When I do go outside of my cave, I go casual. Jeans, t-shirt, shoes of course. I'm not a neanderthal after all. I prefer shirts with some kind of print or design on them. I don't like plain shirts. I also don't really care for shorts. I really only ever wear shorts when I go to bed, or when I go to my college's wreck center, or where shorts would be appropriate. Because of this, people often get blinded by my legs.

Oh yeah, I also wear glasses. Would be kind of stupid to go out without my eyes. How else would I be able to see if anyone is checking me out?

Well, that depends on how you define "casual clothing", which I usually wear... Somedays I like to dress up a bit though. I'll might wear some jewlery or really try to choose some clothes that matches just prefectly. Other days I'm looking myself in the mirror and go like: "I look like crap... Haters gonna hate, but Shaky Novel doesn't care!". Aaand, when I look like crap I'm usually tired, and when I'm tired I usually don't care about how I look or what I wear... so it's very diffrent. Somedays I almost look like I'm going to a party, and other days like I'm going to the lambfill, hehe.

I just usually wear jeans and a T shirt when I'm out in public, khakis and a polo for school due to a damn dress code. >_<

I barely care what I wear, I barely go in public anyway XD

Better than what I wear at home in private.

I wish I could wear nothing at all :3

In all seriousness, I usually wear either a hoodie with a graphic Tee of some kind or one of these things --->  

http://casual-male-big-and-tall.destinationxl.com/mens-big-and-tall-store/mens-sweaters-and-vests/cutter-buck-12-zip-high-note-pullover/cat60071/R7351?navAction=push&navCount=3

(I couldn't think of what they're called) Although not in that color and definitely not NEARLY as expensive.

Along with my bracelets, a necklace, two rings, and sometimes a Batman toboggan hat (The one from Hot Topic. Sucks 'cause I can't wear it at school though. Dress code says 'no' to hats :I). And sometimes I put my hair in a ponytail if I can find a hair tie to keep it out of my face.

Now that I have described my physical appearance to a T, I ask that nobody come and rape and/or kidnap me. Please.

Edited by Driku12

I wear my style. Pony shirts, video game shirts, cute shirts, and sometimes shirts that are just random and colorful. I always wear skinny jeans, jeggings (Jean looking leggings and are VERY comfy, tight but not an uncomfortable tight) and yoga or sweat pants. Oh, and converses and these furry, fluffy snow boots.

I also wear jackets a lot too...because our school is always freezing no matter what season it is and plus, my jackets are cool, bros!

When I'm not riding I wear jeans, random metal band t-shirt and my motorbike jacket (if its cold or I can't be bothered to take my wallet out of it). When I'm riding I wear Kevlar jeans (just normal looking jeans with Kevlar in them) my motorbike jacket (even if its hot), random metal t-shirt, motorbike boots and a bandana (stops my helmet strap from rubbing on my neck and keeps my neck warm when it's cold)

I tend to get odd looks and when I ride I carry my helmet around with me.

In winter?

>Multicolour steels

>One colour skinny jeans

>Long jumpers (one colour or panda one)

>Half-lenght black coat

>Huge multicolour scarf

>Stockings (each of them is differently coloured, because I'm too lazy to find two of the same kind in the morning..)

>Time to time: Frog hat or beret (usually no hat)

>Bow in my hair.

...and glasses of course.

Edited by Suntouched Coco