Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

last night watch two scary movies one remember this creepy grim fairy tale poem called the itsy bitsy spider ran up the waterspout down came the rain and washed the spider out ! ISTY BISTY - awesome suspenseful horror enjoy ! Last one is well Hell's Kitty humor is spoofing other scary movies like Meower cats from feline space, Meowcho, Kitty the 13th starring PURR-Y MEOWDEE'S and last THE NINE LIVE'S MEOWERIST !  So story is very corny about this Hollywood writer that his female cat named Angel get's jealous if he tries to bring girl lovers home at his apt. Funny gory cheezy  I give it Purr-fect  Meowy  stars enjoy!

Edited by rainbowdashacademy

My brother and I watched the live-action Mulan movie.  It wasn't like the animated one at all, but as a standalone movie, I thought it was good---not great, but good.  The pacing and acting were well-done, there were buildups and payoffs like any movie should have, the villain had more characterization than Shan Yu had in the animated Mulan---for that matter, most characters had more characterization in general than they did in the original animated movie.

That being said, the movie---as a movie---didn't seem to have anything that really stood out to make it great.

If you were a fan of the original animated one, this one might not appeal to you:  no songs, no Mushu.

• Brohoof 1

Earth Girls Are Easy (Yes, that's literally the title of the movie.)

I've never even heard of this one until I saw it on youtube. Such a strange film.

Edited by DJ Wolfe

1 hour ago, You said:

The Shawshank Redemption

A movie which lets you seriously wonder if the right persons are in jail or the wrong running free, as well as some Christian's hypocrisy - people claiming to hold their beliefs and values high but being monsters in a disguise.

At the same time, two convicted murderers are standing out on moral grounds, and I can only recommend this movie to all who think a murderer is not a human anymore, and cannot change. I am personally of the firm belief and practically enough so that people should be supported in becoming better humans, and that strict punishment will hold way worse results for society as a whole.

Rating: 10/10

@TheAnimationFanatic

An excellent film. One of the best of its genre. 

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, You said:

Transcendence (2014) Netflix

Light spoilers ahead.

A story about a huge super-almighty AI. It poses some pretty interesting ethical questions:
What makes us human? Consciousness? Emotions? Is an AI with both a human? Or does it need a human body?
How far are we allowed to go in our progress of using technology? When it is too much? Sure, having everyone connected like at the end of the movie is too far, but where exactly was the line? And aren't we connected to each other way too much already nowadays?

Is it ethically allowed to grow a human body and insert a previous backed up consciousness into it?
Are we allowed to re-create out environment, healing it, with micro robots if we are able to? Fiddle with the very nature? Or are we already way more cruel to it today?

Overall, I think this movie was well over-averaged, but not among the best. There are some logical holes, for instance, why isn't the AI fully informed of the plans against it? Shouldn't it been able to monitor and anticipate their moves, or coming and aiming at least? For that matter, it did before when informing the FBI about the whereabouts of RIFT...

Yet, in the end, it has proven to be human, by being willing to destroy itself out of fears of humanity, or becoming to artificial itself. I am not sure one can even describe the reason for the (basically) self-destruction if not for our very values.

I felt Freeman's performance a bit underwhelming, I felt the wrong actor played the wrong role. I think it would be much more interesting if he played the 2nd scientist, asking all the moral questions.

Rating: 8/10

You were far more generous towards it than I was. I personally hated it. 

54 minutes ago, You said:

Deep Impact 1998 NF

I think the very most part of the movie is the run-off-the-mill apocalypse scenario. I felt most of the subplots absolutely unncessary, maybe even artificial. 
The whole journalist plot sucked especially, and the whole relationship drama was just...well, weak - the notable exception to this are the last 25 minutes, which have been absolutely strong.

Overall, the focus was for my taste way too much on single destinies randomly thrown in while the whole crew and ground control had way too less. 

In the end, it is a watchable movie, but the first half is simply pretty tiresome - or at least unexciting. 

Rating:
First half: 5/10
Second half/last third: 8/10
Overall: 7/10

@TheAnimationFanatic

My opinion on this one is about the same as yours.

I watched the HBO Movie Conspiracy (2001) - A dramatization of the Wannsee Conference and the origins behind the Holocaust. Haunting and compelling drama with top notch performances from Kenneth Branagh and Colin Firth. 10 out of 10.

Edited by TheAnimationFanatic
  • Brohoof 1

Transit (2018). Interesting and promising plot, Franz Rogowski was superb in the main role. Female lead did good job too, but unfortunately for the actress, the character she played was rather unpleasing person. Almost ruined the movie for me :huh: Kinda reminds me of Gone girl

• Brohoof 1

Friday night I watched the new version of THE INVISIBLE MAN was it good yes ? story about abusive Husband that loves manipulating his wife later she thinks he died but then he uses a machine to become invisible making the suspense factor intense this movie was a fun roller coaster ride of a movie well worth it watch and enjoy !

Black Panther (2018)

I watched it on Disney+ in remembrance of Chadwick Boseman after the news broke out of his passing from Stage IV Colon Cancer. Rest in Power, King T'Challa. Wakanda forever.

Black-Panther-poster-main-xl.jpg