Alien life thread

Zalgo

Life beyond Earth?  

66 users have voted

1. 1. Do you believe life exists beyond Earth?

• Yes (life does exist beyond Earth)
    • No (life does not exist beyond Earth)
    • Unsure (Its a possibility)
  2. 2. Do you think we'll ever find life beyond us?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
    • May have already

I do not believe there is another intelligent life form out there. But, I do believe that there are some types of small organisms somewhere in the universe.

Edited by Retro_Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

I believe that aliens exist on other planets. If you look at the most extreme conditions here on earth it incredibly likely that life exist in in a hypothetically infinite universe, plus considering that IMO the multiverse theory is almost certain the chance of life existing in reality appproach 100%. On the other hand, whether or not they've visited earth is mostly a subjective argument; I've watched lots of UFO Hunters, Ancient Aliens, and the like so I've been brainwashed into believing they have XD.

I think its almost impossible that no other lifeforms are present in the universe, but I don't believe in the whole UFO and the fact that aliens have already visited earth and all that stuff.

I also always wondered why people always imagine aliens as being alot smarter then humans and more advanced, who knows maybe we will incounter other lifeforms who are intelligent, but are far from being as intelligent as us.

Just something that always bothered me. But regardless, I'm pretty sure some other lifeforms life somwhere in the universe. Just they probably aren't close enough to us for us to see them.

Kind of. Well...yes and no. There might be small living organisms though. But not as advanced as us.

But I think the idea is stupid. Just think about it. Earth is the only planet where life is. I doubt there's just another Earth out there that can have different life forms.

Even if aliens did exist, why should we care? They wouldn't in our solar system because there aren't any planets to actually live on in the Milky Way except for Earth. So it wouldn't even matter. They would die trying to get to Earth knowing that Earth is so far away. It would take so long.

TL;DR: Possible but who cares since they could be so far away.

Edited by Double D

To a certain extent, I don't believe in that whole ancient alien crap that people tend to theorize. That somewhere out in space there's another civilization? Yeah, I can wrap my mind around that.

Edited by SrFrog

I will say that after examining the evidence and the universe's massive size, it would be quite shocking if there weren't any life forms outside our planet. The universe is unimaginably massive, the possibilities nearly limitless! If there is a chance of life existing in the universe outside of earth at all, I argue that there is the possibility for both sophisticated life forms and simply biological ones.

UFO's and the whole Ancient Aliens thing is just silly though. Tsoukalos' hair discredits him enough without going into the crazy theories.

Edited by Celtore

hey, random dragon⚡ here! i know this sounds like a really stupid question, but do you think aliens exist? i just want to hear thoughts of it like have you seen aliens or UFOS? i only believe stuff like that when i see it myself. ive never seen anything like that so... yeah.

i am the same as you but i do belive that they COULD exist in an other universe they could be like us and think we are the aliens but the same gos to people that go to the mood lets just say they found an alien up there it would not be an alien it would be the inahitant we would be the alien because we are the strangers from the other planet but ate the moment no news has been made so i am secpitle of this subject so i dont know but the might i like to be open minded about things like this   

Of course I do. We can't be the only advanced life forms in the galaxy. A wise man once said:

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"

Also, am I the only one who believes Equestria could be an actual planet?  :blink:

Sure do, i don't see how there couldn't be any other life in our universe... It's preety safe to say that we are not alone... It's just a matter of a few decades before we find somesort of life :P

I do but not in the sci-fi way. The universe is simply too large for even extremely rare events to occur only once. While we don't have evidence of "ET", I'd more than happily put money on life somewhere else in the cosmos. Whether or not its in our own solar system... Well, so far we're striking out on Mars and Titan. Only reasonable place left is Europa.

I believe alien life exists on other planets, it seems almost impossible for there not to be.

As for UFOs, I'm not convinced, but if the ability to travel to other planets efficiently is possible then I see no reason why alien life wouldn't be as fascinated with us as we would be with them.

Seeing as there's probably more than 100 billion planets in our galaxy alone, the probability of Earth being the only one with life is laughable. Therefore, I believe that other lifeforms exists elsewhere in the universe. However, I doubt many of them are intelligent and I doubt even more that any aliens have ever visited Earth.

With how fast our universe is expanding and it's already sheer size there are definitely aliens out there, heck, we aren't even in the center of the universe so there are solar systems way older than ours, they already have other sentient life forms which are probably existing longer than our earth. I am a bit skeptical about the fact whether there have ever been aliens on earth or not, the chance exists but I think that's unlikely. Yes, aliens exist, who wouldn't believe that?

We have already found planets that have all the right necessities to support life, and with that combined with the endless vacuum of the universe, I think it's impossible for our planet to be the only one with life on it.  Also, sometimes I say "I don't know, therefore aliens," if I don't know the answer to someone's question.

There's definitely alien life somewhere out there. But personally, I doubt humanity will ever actually find anything big enough or intelligent enough for us to form intergalactic governments with or go to war with.

I think it's foolish to NOT believe that there is life on another planet somewhere. Our universe is, as we know it, never-ending and containing billions of planets, moons, asteroids, etc. There simply has to be some form of life somewhere else, or at there has been. For all we know, Mars could have been habitable at some point. Some will argue that due to it's position and all, that it is impossible to sustain life. This is only tailored towards human life.

I DO NOT believe that they visit Earth in UFOs and abduct people. That's just silly :3

It's just impossible for Earth to be the only planet with ingelligent life on it...The only question left is how they might look like. Imagine the possiblities...maybe there's a real Equestria somewhere out there.

For me I think their must be aliens. Considering how vast the universe is, to think that there is not ONE other living thing outside of this earth in the entire universe is so hard for me to believe. Even if it’s microscopic, or a plant on some planet in a far away galaxy it would be an alien, so yeah, I’d be more shocked if there weren’t aliens than if there were.

I also have this running joke that I have aliens that stalk my house. When I wake up horizontally on my bed, the aliens abducted me that night. When I can’t find something I’m looking for the aliens are hiding it from me, or if something unexplainable happens in the house, it was the aliens.  :P

I am neutral, though I do believe in the possibility. As for what kind of extraterrestrial life, it could be anything from microscopic organisms to highly advanced intelligent beings who are capable of interplanetary, intersolar, and/or intergalactic travel to beings whose technology is around on par with our own. The Universe is vast and huge (perhaps even infinite), so the likelyhood of there being other places within it that have some sort of life is quite possible.

Well with the size and scale of the universe I would be surprised if there wasn't any other intelligent life out there  but if any aliens did visit earth we would have no chance in a war against them since they would have far better technology.

I believe in aliens. In our galaxy alone, there are more planets than there are stars, and many are in zones suitable to support Earth-like life. Well, of course there could be very different kinds of like anywhere. Some time ago I read this article on how Saturn's rings could contain a form of "weird life". Scientists cannot make conclusions about this find, as in the same article they stated how scientists aren't even sure how to define life!  :wacko: In other words, we are lucky to be able to think and do things, and we should all make good use of that.