Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the most recent video game you beat?

Sepia-chan

On 1/28/2019 at 4:41 PM, CloudMistDragon said:

Dark Souls. I didn't find it to be leaps and bounds better than Demon's Souls, but I still had myself a mostly great time with it. 

Oh wait until you get a kick of dark souls 3 whew! Xp

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, TBD said:

Oh wait until you get a kick of dark souls 3 whew! Xp

Yeah, I think the sequels look pretty chill. :) 

I recently beat the Leon campaign in Resident Evil 6. Much better than I expected it to be, very overhated game, I personally feel. 

5 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Yeah, I think the sequels look pretty chill. :) 

you think so? man I wish I could feel the same way. 3 gives me hell haha. But since you like dark soul, have you try bloodborne? Its the same creator as dark souls.

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, TBD said:

you think so? man I wish I could feel the same way. 3 gives me hell haha. But since you like dark soul, have you try bloodborne? Its the same creator as dark souls.

Not yet, but that game is definitely on my wish list. Right now though, I've kind of been on a Capcom game marathon to celebrate Resident Evil 2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5. To stay on-topic, I also recently beat Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition and had a lot more fun with it playing it a second time, getting A and S ranks on every mission. :yay:

• 3 weeks later...

DMC: Devil May Cry. Pretty much the same story as Resident Evil 6, different song. Massively overhated, even moreso than Devil May Cry 2 to me. Both have the flaw of being too easy, but at least DMC has a more intricate combat system. I didn't find new Dante that annoying, as he had a lot of straight-up hilarious moments, and the story completely defied my expectations with it being a dark and profound satire of modern-day America. Very good game so long as you don't take it too seriously and just look at it for what it is. 

• Brohoof 1

I tried my hand at doing a 100% speedrun of GTA 3. Beat in in about 5h 22m. A far cry from the WR of 4h 37m 36s, but pretty decent for a first attempt imo.

42 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

the last game I "beat" was getting a bit far in Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Devil May Cry 5. You already know how I am actually fairly fond of the reboot, and this game still managed to absolutely surpass the reboot and even the fourth game. Though it is not as challenging as 4 and nowhere near as challenging as 1 and 3, it still had a fantastic plot that took risks but never spiraled into anything too convoluted and hard to follow with a perfect twist to tie up the loose ends of 3 and 4, superb level design that put 4's shameless recycling of the same stages to shame, excellent new mechanics with Nero's Devil Breakers and Dante's Majin form, some of the best written comic relief the series has seen, and even despite the aforementioned lack of challenge in comparison to earlier games, still provided a strong incentive to get good at the game and master its mechanics. I really hope we get a Special Edition of this game. It's not just good for what it is, it is also a spectacular continuation of a franchise that was in desperate need of more love. :mlp_yay: 

Beat Yoshi's Island for the first time since 2016. Not even going to bother trying to complete it 100%.

Edited by Cash_In

Recently beat the first Crysis. That is the Xbox 360 version played on Xbox One. There's a lot this game does right. Its gameplay and visuals are insane for their time, even if the visuals brought the 360 to its knees, so the draw distance is pretty bad as a result. The gameplay itself is quite dynamic and I like it a lot, even if the last 3rd went downhill fast. The story is also really, really bad. Extremely cliche garbage with terrible characters and dialogue. I eventually started skipping all cutscenes because I just couldn't bring myself to care. Still, I am glad I am finally played the original. I had played the sequel years ago so it is good to see where it started.

Also since my last post I had beaten Resident Evil 2 Remake on Hardcore, Leon's campaign that is.

Edited by Kyoshi

• 2 months later...

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. 

Twas awesome. The story was really simple, but I loved the challenge of the game. Well, discounting the Uranus + Thunderbird card combo. Not complaining though, since I absolutely love how broken that card combo is. :mlp_icwudt:

(edited)

I finished the main story Kirby Star Allies on Switch last week. Pretty enjoyable games, but I'm going to go back to it later to try out all the other modes and characters.

Edited by Cash_In

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...