Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the scariest species in Equestria?

Starlight Sky

Manticores, Hydras, and Ursas, oh my! blink.png In the wide, wide world of Equestria, you never know what you'll encounter.

Which creature would you (as your OC) most avoid confronting? 

I'd take greatest caution around an Ursa Major. As interesting as they are, I don't know enough about them to form a good battle escape plan.

Plus.....

Ursa_major_holding_an_ursa_minor_S1E06.p

As sweet as it seems here, an angry Ursa Major feels like the toughest creature to handle.

if we were being realistic I would say a hydra its a giant snake with three heads I hate snakes and really that just creepy let alone the fact that its going to kill you.

I think a Ursa Major is a pretty scary species but, we have seen many scary species in Equestria. But, a huge bear or a three headed monster can send shivers down a pony's spine.

Probably the scariest species a pony could face would be the gryphons.

Why?

Well:

• Gryphons are typically portrayed as eaters of horses in actual mythology
  • Gryphons are intelligent, organized, etc.
  • They have fast flyers(do keep in mind that Gilda was pretty on par with Dash)
  • Sharp claws and beaks.
  • Brohoof 3

Cockatrice. Good luck getting past a snake-thing that can turn you to stone with a gaze. Is it any wonder the basilisk is such a terrifying monster?

• Brohoof 2

I suppose the Ursa Major...since it is about the same size of a whole major city in Equestria, and probably fiercer than an Ursa Minor. Angry dragons, however, are nothing short of terrorizing either, though.

...Still waiting for Centaurs...

(edited)

I'd have to go with the Changelings. Most of the other monsters, you'd have to go into the Everfree Forest in order to encounter them. Changelings could be any place, any time, and can take the form of those whom you love most. Not to mention they are actually intelligent and sinister, they are organized, and they are led by a dangerously powerful Queen. They take the cake, no question in my mind. ("What?! How dare they take the cake!")

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

if we were being realistic I would say a hydra its a giant snake with three heads I hate snakes and really that just creepy let alone the fact that its going to kill you.

It's whatever you'd find scariest as a citizen of Equestria! I found the one at Froggy Bottom Bogg to be easier to subdue or escape (since some of the heads were pretty clumsy), so it's Ursa major for me.

I think a Ursa Major is a pretty scary species but, we have seen many scary species in Equestria. But, a huge bear or a three headed monster can send shivers down a pony's spine.

If it was just a "huge bear" (like an Ursa minor), I'd have to agree; however, Ursa majors are absolutely MASSIVE. It could belly flop cities into oblivion!!! If it were to rampage......

Probably the scariest species a pony could face would be the gryphons.

Why?

Well:

• Gryphons are typically portrayed as eaters of horses in actual mythology
  • Gryphons are intelligent, organized, etc.
  • They have fast flyers(do keep in mind that Gilda was pretty on par with Dash)
  • Sharp claws and beaks.

Love the actual mythology, but I'd also be interested in hearing which species (as we know them to be in Equestria) you'd take the greatest care to avoid.

Edited by Starlight Sky

The creature i would most avoid is the cockatrice. Because when it comes to confrontation and after you realize its there , its already won. You're already stone and you're already screwed.

Unless you have a friend like Fluttershy ( who is best pony-see signature-) that will come looking for you and stare the cockatrice down into releasing you from stone of course. 

post-15739-0-48908000-1370140704.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I'm withholding final judgement until I find out what exactly Cerberus was guarding.

Until then, I'd probably have to say either the Ursa Major or the Timberwolves would seriously freak me out.

• Brohoof 1

Changelings seem like they could be pretty scary, to a girl anyway. A dragon could also probably f*** you up pretty bad, but honestly are dragons really scary to anyone anymore? :P

Gonna go with the Cockatrice, as some others have :3 Size means nothing; in fact, the smallest things often have the most fearful defense mechanisms. Big Hydras and Manticores with claws and teeth don't mean anything against something that can simply look at you, and turn you to stone. All throughout mythology, the Cockatrice and its' older cousin the Basilisk have been feared and avoided like a walking plague by all creatures big and small. The biggest armies, the fiercest monsters and the most impenetrable defenses won't work against something that can just look at you.

• Brohoof 2

OH COME ON! Parasprites!!  They leveled Ponyville in seconds!!! Not one Pony knew what to do. If Pinkie Pie wasn't there then Ponyville wouldn't exist past the tenth episode let alone the entire first season!! They truly are a force to be reckoned with...

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I'd say Changelings.

I mean, they can turn into anything, such as an Ursa Major, or a Manticore, or your best friend. That to me is freaky.

OH COME ON! Parasprites!!  They leveled Ponyville in seconds!!! Not one Pony knew what to do. If Pinkie Pie wasn't there then Ponyville wouldn't exist past the tenth episode let alone the entire first season!! They truly are a force to be reckoned with...

i see what your trying to say, but when it comes to confrontation , its the cockatrice hands down. parasprites are only dangerous in large groups. i mean they do reproduce asexually but assuming they don't have acces to large amounts of food there really nothing.

For me, the scariest one is a cockatrice. They're nearly impossible to defend yourself from. The only way we know of at the moment so far would be using the stare. Sadly however, Fluttershy is the only pony we know of so far who has the ability of the stare. Other monsters you can at least look at to see what dangers you have to face. I could go on, but I'm focused on pony videos so my mind is only half focused on my argument of how cockatrices are the scariest and most dangerous of species in Equestria.

• Brohoof 3

i see what your trying to say, but when it comes to confrontation , its the cockatrice hands down. parasprites are only dangerous in large groups. i mean they do reproduce asexually but assuming they don't have acces to large amounts of food there really nothing.

I know I know they are pretty worthless but I just like quoting Sweetie Belle when ever I get a chance...

(off-topic I wonder how P. Celestia took care of the hinted "infestation" that happen in Fillydelphia)

The Ursa Minor was big enough, but that Usra Major was huge as hell, so obviously that's something you'd want anyone to avoid. But three headed monsters are something not to be dealt with, especially if they're huge and the heads are snakes. Also the Cockatrice can catch you by surprise and easily turn you into stone without warning.

There's heaps of dangerous species in Equestria, and most likely that there are even more species that weren't on the show yet. I'd want to avoid all the species that are capable of killing you xP

I'd say that the scariest are the changelings, with the windigoes being in second place. Windigoes seem to be more powerful than changelings, but since they rely on hatred in order to have any power, they are probably extremely rare in Equestria nowadays. Also, changelings are able to conceal themselves much better, since they can shapeshift almost flawlessly. I think the majority of the method windigoes use to stay hidden is the fact that anyone who was giving them power would probably be too wrapped up in their hatred to notice them, especially since they seem to hide above the clouds.

Thankfully, the changelings wouldn't stand a chance if they tried to attack Equestria again. What with Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, and Prince Shining Armor defending Equestria, along with Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends holding onto the elements of harmony, they wouldn't get very far.

Oh, come on! Cockatrice? Manticore? Changelings? Even Ursan Major? Pfft, puh-lease!

Isn't it obvious which species is the most intimidating, frightening and threatening?

They are everywhere, technicolored, sentient and at the peak directly before uncanny-valley. They have different personalities and in the limits between free will and predetermination, they spawn both, good and bad individuals. They have at least four (habitat-fitted) sub-species and their major optimism and naive and elated lifestyle is reason enough to be at least sceptical. They cause cuteness-overload-heartattacks, hug you till unconsciousness and never stop learning from their mistakes. They even...

Huh?

Oh, right, they are the reason why I am here. Hmmm...

Okay, hard reset.

Let's go for... poni- Ehm, I mean, Changelings? 

• Brohoof 1

Oh, come on! Cockatrice? Manticore? Changelings? Even Ursan Major? Pfft, puh-lease! Isn't it obvious which species is the most intimidating, frightening and threatening?   They are everywhere, technicolored, sentient and at the peak directly before uncanny-valley. They have different personalities and in the limits between free will and predetermination, they spawn both, good and bad individuals. They have at least four (habitat-fitted) sub-species and their major optimism and naive and elated lifestyle is reason enough to be at least sceptical. They cause cuteness-overload-heartattacks, hug you till unconsciousness and never stop learning from their mistakes. They even...   Huh?   Oh, right, they are the reason why I am here. Hmmm... Okay, hard reset. Let's go for... poni- Ehm, I mean, Changelings? 

laugh.png  Ok, that was good.

I have to agree with so many others here, that the scariest species are the Cockatrice. Sure, they may not be the most dangerous creatures in Equestria, but being flattened by an Ursa would be a much faster way to die than being turned to stone. I mean, wow, what a horrific way to die: Feeling your limbs turning hard one by one as your mind fills with terror.

There are many quicker and less dreadful ways to go.

Dat cockatrice; it may very well be the most OP of all the aforementioned creatures, simply due to its Medusa-stare, and even Fluttershy's own stare was dangerously close to failing against one.

The other creatures' sizes wouldn't mean squat against it; it could just stare at their eyes, and bam, giant statues everywhere.

(edited)

Yeah manticores and hydras are scary but you know they are dangerous so you can at least try to run away when you see one. That is why I think changelings are way more scary. There could be one sitting next to you and you wouldn't even realise you were in danger until it was too late. Before you know it the one you thought was your friend is trapping you in a cocoon and taking you to the Queen who will drain you of love until you are weak and powerless, mock you and then sing at you (actually I think I would like the singing part).

In short the changelings could be anywhere, anything and anyone and that is FREAKY. blink.png

There is one other creature who should be feared; Pinkie Pie. She too can be anywhere at any time, she can do the impossible and if you make her angry or upset we are all DOOMED. So for goodness sake DO NOT BREAK A PINKIE PROMISE.

Edited by Pinkie4eeeever
  • Brohoof 1