Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the scariest species in Equestria?

Starlight Sky

Of all the crazy and dangerous creatures in Equestria, I'm gonna have to say...

The bunnies.

aip_bu11.png

Look at that face. PURE EVIL.

You see, the bunnies may not have strength or claws, but they think, and that's what makes them dangerous...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Of all the crazy and dangerous creatures in Equestria, I'm gonna have to say...

The bunnies.

img-1520875-1-aip_bu11.png

Look at that face. PURE EVIL.

You see, the bunnies may not have strength or claws, but they think, and that's what makes them dangerous...

Walter is right. Once a group has the power to think and act on those thoughts is when everything goes to hell. Like good ol' Walter stated "the bunnies may not have strength or claws" but they do have free thoughts and numbers.... Yes, i'm positive they have a large amount of their kind running around.

If you keep a group uneducated and cut off from changes and new information in society is when you would have full control. The bunnies however are too involved with the dominant species to be uninformed with the society, thus they must be feared. One day, given the right circumstances. they could revolt and reek havoc across the land by murdering all the ponies and whatnot.

You also should watch out for that angry donkey dude from that one episode I can't remember the name of (just like all the rest of the episodes in the series... Yeah, i'm not that about it I guess), if he got a lot of his kind together, shit could get real.

Edited by Earl Hickey

I was going to say Ursa Major, but you know what?  You guys have sold me on the cockatrice.  The moment you even *notice* it, you're dead.  Changelings at least show some signs of sentience, which means that in *theory* they could be reasoned with. 

(edited)

For those of you saying Cockatrice, I'm a little confused.... can't they only turn you too stone if you look into thier eyes? In that case just keep them closed!

I'd say things like Dragos, Hydras and Ursa Minors/Majors but they seem to be territorial, meaning they will usually stay secluded in a spot ( caves/ swamps ) so as long as you avoid those you won't have to worry about running into one. For me I'd say the Changelings because they are passively hostile to anyone. They will go anywhere and target anyone for thier food source so nobody is truly safe from them. Especially since they blend in so easily and it's believed they can mentally screw your mind.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

(edited)

Guys, aren't y'all forgetting something? Put away your cockatrices and changelings, because the scariest creatures are these guys:

img-1521747-1-watch_out_for_the_quarry_e

Quarray eels, wouldn't you be absolutely terrified of encountering one? They linger deep in their nests in an already scary gorge, waiting in the shadows of their hole for someone to unwittingly come by, and then they leap out faster than anything. Then they drag their prey back into their hole - yikes! That's petrifying - caught in their teeth and eaten up in the darkness of their lair, with your body almost certainly never being discovered again. They lurk and strike... nobody likes things that lurk and strike.

And look at their teeth. Look at those two front teeth especially, they look sharp as hell! One of those eels' mouths alone is the size of any Mane 6 member. It was almost sadistic of Dash to pit her potential pets against a cluster of quarray eels. Plus their expression is so bloodthirsty - like catching and eating things is a game or something of enjoyment. Truly sinister - for such a sunny cartoon anyhow img-1521747-2-angry.png

Edited by Flipturn ツ
  • Brohoof 2

Guys, aren't y'all forgetting something? Put away your cockatrices and changelings, because the scariest creatures are these guys:

Quarray eels, wouldn't you be absolutely terrified of encountering one? They linger deep in their nests in an already scary gorge, waiting in the shadows of their hole for someone to unwittingly come by, and then they leap out faster than anything. Then they drag their prey back into their hole - yikes! That's petrifying - caught in their teeth and eaten up in the darkness of their lair, with your body almost certainly never being discovered again. They lurk and strike... nobody likes things that lurk and strike.

And look at their teeth. Look at those two front teeth especially, they look sharp as hell! One of those eels' mouths alone is the size of any Mane 6 member. It was almost sadistic of Dash to pit her potential pets against a cluster of quarray eels. Plus their expression is so bloodthirsty - like catching and eating things is a game or something of enjoyment. Truly sinister - for such a sunny cartoon anyhow img-1521747-2-angry.png

And yet one look from a cockatrice can add just a bit more stone to the quarry.

Seriously, basilisk. Major villain in HP. Dragons? Wizards eat them for breakfast. Basilisk? Run the fuck away.

• Brohoof 1

And yet one look from a cockatrice can add just a bit more stone to the quarry.

Seriously, basilisk. Major villain in HP. Dragons? Wizards eat them for breakfast. Basilisk? Run the fuck away.

A prolonged look, actually. Fluttershy stared at that cockatrice for about three seconds before her legs began turning to stone - plenty of time to detach your gaze. Then you can blind-kick it in the face! Put a cockatrice against a quarray eel, it'll get eaten up in about half a second. In fact, put Fluttershy against a quarray eel, it'll eat her quicker than she can pull her Stare out.

A prolonged look, actually. Fluttershy stared at that cockatrice for about three seconds before her legs began turning to stone - plenty of time to detach your gaze. Then you can blind-kick it in the face! Put a cockatrice against a quarray eel, it'll get eaten up in about half a second. In fact, put Fluttershy against a quarray eel, it'll eat her quicker than she can pull her Stare out.

The cockatrice is snake-like; it could dodge pretty easily. Not to mention it got Twilight, one of the smartest ponies around. Wouldn't she have known to look away? Also, the cockatrice can sorta move out of the Everfree...

Yeah Ursa Majors seem to be the freakiest for me, but then again Hydra's are pretty horrifying too. But I'd also be wary of parasprites, I mean those things are like a cross between bugs and gremlins.

two words, Ursa. Major.

1. Not cockatrice, the ursa is so big that it probably wouldn't be able to see it. So it can't look into it's eyes.

2. Not Quarray eel, because the bite probably feels like nothing to an ursa major.

3. not a dragon or a Hydra, because their lizards compared to it.

4. It's Got the three S's on it's side, Size, Strength, and Scary

(edited)

And look at their teeth. Look at those two front teeth especially, they look sharp as hell! One of those eels' mouths alone is the size of any Mane 6 member. It was almost sadistic of Dash to pit her potential pets against a cluster of quarray eels. Plus their expression is so bloodthirsty - like catching and eating things is a game or something of enjoyment. Truly sinister - for such a sunny cartoon anyhow img-1521747-2-angry.png

I have to go with the Eels on this. (Has no one here ever watched Dune or Tremors)

Ya things that can eat you in one gulp gets my vote.

In case no has noticed. Equestria is filled with big and nasty critters. And you gotta be pretty B.A. in order to survive let alone be the dominant species

Edited by Argumedies

I'd be most scared of Hydras, most likely. I mean, a dragon with three-four heads isn't something you'd want to confront.

I'd imagine Ursa Majors would be pretty scary as well. They're pretty darn enormous, especially compared to a pony's size. 

Cockatrice. Good luck getting past a snake-thing that can turn you to stone with a gaze. Is it any wonder the basilisk is such a terrifying monster?

But what about creatures who are too big to even look into a cockatrice's eyes?, like ursa majors/minors, dragons, or even hydras? they probably can't even see it

(edited)

The cockatrice (as far as is shown in this series) can only harm you if you look directly into its eyes. Avoid looking it in the eye, and you're okay. Use a mirror, fight it with a blind fold, whatever. There are ways around the cockatrice's stare. I still say changelings trump the cockatrice.

Edited by Full Spectrum

- Windigoes, surprised only a few people have mentioned this

- Hydras

- Timberwolves

- Prosecuters

Was going to include dragons, but Dragon Quest made them look pretty pathetic

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Full Spectrum here. I'd say Changelings are the most dangerous. They can be anywhere at anytime as anyone. They are truly the masters of disguise. At least with the other creatures you can identify them right away and escape, but with changelings you have no idea whether the pony you are talking to is the real one or a fake. Worst part is that you probably won't realize it until it is far too late. A very interesting race indeed.