Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So how do you feel about the upcoming school year?

Le Kvlt Dawn

School!  

17 users have voted

1. 1. Are you happy that is almost here?

• YES!!!
    • No.
    • Kinda.
  2. 2. If so, why?

• Get to see all my friends.
    • Just because.
    • Get to learn new things.
    • Other.

I guess I'll be happy about going into 11th grade this September but, at the same time I'm nervous about passing my new classes. So, I'm pretty confident about trying out Chemistry and the other new classes this year.

I'm nervexcited, school might be fun for me next semester my last semester was the best one yet. After becoming a brony I like school, it's not as fun as working though. It's just that I have become a totally another person and my brother will join me. Aww yeah, I'm sure that school will be very fun. I plan on making it fun, so yeah I like fun things.

Guess what kiddies?

3q6h13.jpg

AWWWWW YEAH, NO MORE SCHOOL FOR THIS DERP KNIGHT!!!  B)

*3 months later*

359w5g.jpg

>_> Well buck... nah, just kidding. :yay:  Won't be starting grad school for another year or so, so I do at least have this year off from school.  Going home in two weeks and gonna start applying to grad school and more full time jobs, try to find something out east probably, we'll just see what happens.  God's blessings and best of luck to everypony starting up school in the next month or so!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

10th grade! Umm... I have kept out of drama like.. all my life (which is like really hard for girls cause we make loots of that) But there are people i know coming into my school next year and I'm friends with like.. everyone and its going to be hard when one friend group hates the other and I'm in the middle s: 
Also.. In the 8th grade my best friend was there and I am more hyper around her so I was kinda cray-cray in the 8th grade. 9th grade she moved away and i got a reputation of being the most silent person in the grade xD or even school. Like there was this person who was in one of my classes the whole year and like in the middle of the schoolyear my teacher was like "Lauren?" and he said "whos that?" :/ 

Well my best friend is coming back and I'm gonna try to stay as calm and quiet as i was last year. Might not work but I can try. 
And it wasn't like i was sad and quiet or anything, just shy and awkward. One girl whose nice told me that Im so happy all by myself or with people :DD

• Brohoof 2

Ehhhh, I will not have a true answer till I get my schedule next week...

So 11th grade... just the same old shit from 10th and 9th grade with harder classes.

I know I'll still be in JROTC with a ton of people I love, and since this will be my 3rd year in it I should have a much higher position then last year, not to mention one of my friends is on staff so yay.

That and art are really all I am looking forward to... and possibly Web Page Design and Development. I wanted to take that, but I think the teacher retired so there is a good chance I will not be in that.

I'll have a much better post when I get my schedule next Tuesday...

I'm going into 9th grade and honestly I'm a little nervous. I'm taking some hard classes. Honors Algebra 2, and C & C to name two. Along with Spanish and doing Cross Country. I hope I'm up to the challenge.

• Brohoof 1

I feel like it's going to suck because, of the fact that I can't transfer to the school I want to and I dont feel like seeing people I hold a grudge against. I'm taking geometry so that's goIng to suck but, I get to take marine biology which is going to be fun since I like the ocean creatures so much :D

Eh, besides band which i love, i don't have much excitement for school, i don't want to go back at all really. I wish we had some more summer :/.

That said I guess schools better then having to slave over a job like I will after college :/.

Man, I'm so nervous.

- I'm taking part in the French exchange, which I don't really want to do.

- I have to take my options. Basically, I choose the subjects that I want to take for my GCSEs. I have no idea what to choose.

- I don't really have any friends.

:(

This may or may not be helpful to you but still...

When i chose my subjects (in my school we picked 3 then had the compulsory ones) i chose ICT, Business Studies and History.

The way i saw it, i chose the subject i was best at, one that would be most useful to go with that (ICT and BS go hand in hand in my opinion) then the subject that i enjoyed the most, regardless of how good i was at it.

Dont worry about your GCSEs, now that they are long and gone for me i see it as a refining process, work out a somewhat general idea of what you want to do after education then pick your GCSEs based on that, when it comes to the end of your GCSEs go to college, everyone i know who went to 6th form dropped out after the first year or utterly regretted it, college can be scary but take the plunge, at college study something more pointed to what you want to do, which you should have worked out whilst doing your GCSEs, if you have yet to work it out at that point then just work out what you enjoy doing at that very moment. University is where it gets serious, that's when you need to know absolutely what career you are aiming for.

I hope that whole wall of text helps you and anybody else who may read it :)

Now for this topic -

I am looking forward to going back to University, it will be my second year and should be far more challenging than my first, i feel like i've spent too long away from the challenge of education, i've spent the longest summer holiday i have ever had just playing games and not really accomplishing anything of note, when i get back to University i hope that it will kick start my brain back into full activity, right now it feels as though it is just complacent to mellow out, like im clawing at it for knowledge but its sleeping in and telling me to bugger off. :P

• Brohoof 1

I don't really feel anything. It's just more school for me, so there really isn't that much of a difference. Since I'm going to college, I actually have less school this year than I ever have before.

Well i have high hopes for this year. with a higher chance of friends being in my class from making more friends last year, and a (non-literal) metric tonne of brony, doctor who ect. of clothing,accessories and pins i plan to make an impression.

Excited! Starting high school and I've never been more excited for school. 

Football has been great with summer practice (wide receiver/corner), and I have 2 AP classes and most of my closest friends going. This is the start of my life, my career and it's exhilarating. :3

Also, always make sure you sit in either the very last, or next to last row, by the window. Roofs are the best places to eat lunch and never pay attention when quickly rounding a corner (you might just bump into a girl and fall on her awkwardly, thus setting off the first flag for her route).

I loled as soon as I saw this. First thing I'll do when I get to class is sit in the very last row near the window, that way I have less people to deal with. Unless the teacher does some assigned seating BS.

I am actually, very happy to go this year. Last year, I was kind of worried because I thought people were going to pick on me, which some did, but what can I say? They're idiots. I also picked up an awesome Luna shirt the other day, so I might be wearing that this year. (Btw, I'm 13 and I'm in 8th)

*Sigh*... school. A place to learn. A place to meet new people, make/see friends. To try out new things. But one thing I could say is that sometime school just isn't great, why? You tell me.

Tell why you can't wait to go back to school. Or why you hate to go back. And don't worry I won't judge you for what you believe is right. Just don't go bad talking for what others believe. 

I would start this off I guess. *take a breath* I for one can't wait to go to school. One reason is I get to see my friends, and old teachers. But heres the twist. I also start to hate school when it does get here. Why? I don't know.

This summer was a break I haven't had for a couple years now.  I am ready to get back and start doing something important.  I am looking forward to seeing one professor I have had for two previous classes.

Anxiety is winning out atm, but I'm also super excited for the new school year. New place, new start, all that good stuff. I'm excited about meeting new people and getting to focus more on the things I care about. Of course, I'm nervous too, because change is always scary. I'm going to have a lot more responsibility, so I hope I'm up to it. One thing that I'm sad about is that I'm not doing marching band this year. I was planning on trying out, but it just didn't work out for me. I'm sad that I can't do it, since it's been such a huge part of my life, but hopefully things will pan out better next year. 

I'm going to room with a few of my buddies from last semester, so I'm pretty excited. At my school classes are pretty interesting as well and there aren't any stupid party kids who were C average in high school. I'm switching my major to physics from bio, so that should be a fun change.

I'm pretty excited for college myself, even though it is community college, I'm still excited nevertheless, I'm ready to start my life and future, and to see some of my old friends and make new ones. :D

I think next school year will be awesome. I have my car down for college this semester which means going to networking events will be easier. I've been invited to some cool stuff that will help me with my future career, I just can't go to them because I don't have a car. I might get to see a movie scored by an orchestra.