Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like your legal name?

Adente

Opinion on your name  

242 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like your legal name?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you could change your name, would you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (explain)

If I didn't like my name, I'd have legally changed it a long time ago. I know my parents put a lot of effort into giving me my legal name and so I keep it with love and pride.

I'm okay with it, but I wouldn't say I actually like it. That is, I don't like hearing my own name at all. I wouldn't change it, though, because no matter what people call me I'd still dislike it.

I'm okay with my first and middle names (though they're a bit masculine for me and I'm not too fond of that), but I don't really like my last name. It's a complicated, German mess of a last name that every other time gets spelled wrong. I'll still keep my name as it is for now, though if I found the one, I may adopt his last name. When I used to consider myself a straight-up MtF trans (now I'm up in the air about it), I was considering changing my first name to "Catherine" (Similar to my mom's middle name) and my middle name to something different, of which I remember not.

Edited by Barik, the Master Mechanic

• 3 months later...

I feel bad for saying that there were other names I'd rather have than the one I got because it was something my mother gave me. Even though I would like to, I could never change it and possibly hurt my mother.

And to think that I'd undergo a muggle name?:mlp_pout:

I'm not fan of my name, it's so common and it annoys me to turn my head whenever someone call out that name when they're not referring to me. 

On 12/6/2018 at 5:02 PM, Cyclone said:

The only thing I don't like about my name is it isn't really an old man name so when I get older it's gonna sound weird.

I have threatened to change it to Skeeter though.

I've come up with the solution! I'll just go by my middle name when the time comes.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...