Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you start over?

Smarts

Not from the very beginning, definitely not. The position I'm in right now is very lucky, and any combination of other choices might have put me somewhere else. I'm a senior in college. If I could redo college, I think I would for sure. The things I want to do with my life would be attainable immediately after I graduate, as opposed to one or two years from now, if I had the knowledge of what I wanted to do back as a freshman.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

No, because I believe that things will get better. A better way to begin life anew is to move away from my hometown and my home state, deleting social media, changing my name, and going to a better school/institute.

• Brohoof 1

Hard ball. Most of my early life problems were not something I can change through my own actions, and it would imply going through some really heavy stuff a second time.

If I could choose to start over by my college years, then I would totally say yes and make all my wrongs rights now that I know there's people I should have never trusted and there are obstacles I can't overcome because other people's will and their lack of responsability are beyond my own grasp. Also, I would do far more things for me and the fandom now that I have gained more confidence on my own. If only I could go back...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Provided I could keep my current memories and knowledge of the future I would go for it, the chance to create a better future or in this case present for myself would be too tempting to turn down.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

8 hours ago, Rainbow Cloud said:

Provided I could keep my current memories and knowledge of the future I would go for it, the chance to create a better future or in this case present for myself would be too tempting to turn down.

I agree. :)

Starting anew, while keeping all my memories, basically extends my lifetime. There must be a reason I can relieve my life, it would be great if I could do it endlessely and kinda become "immortal". I would definitely do things a bit differently. On the other hand, most things I enjoyed would become boring then. All my favorite games, I already played them. And I have to wait until all MLP episodes got released. :kindness: There is nothing "new" I could experience. I only could go for different hobbies, live in different places or do the changes myself.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

probably. 

I've always thought i've chosen the wrong career. so i could see what the other path could have taken me to. so yeah. maybe i would actually have a chance

Also i could make a better effort to actually have a childhood and not study too much. I would throw my bully down the stairs sooner (oh yeah) and put my other classmates on place. and the teahcers, and my mother... well maybe that's the one bad side of it, i won't be able to do anything against her so i'll just have to suck it up aghain. that does suck.

mmm... at the same time... noooo... it would be nice to njust get to the next stage whatevr that is., Or just sleep forever and have some peace.

Edited by Ittoni

• 2 years later...
On 2013-10-18 at 1:39 AM, Smarts said:

Got this idea from a weird dream I had, so I figured I should make a topic about it.

If given the chance, would you start your life over right from the beginning? You would be able to relive your greatest memories and do things differently, but at the cost of having to grow up again. Would you do it?

Yes, I would. Preferably without my depression, anxiety, adhd, autism and gender dysphoria

On 2020-07-28 at 12:19 AM, Splashee said:

I would start over if I lost too many thing worth living for

Interestingly, this is coming from someone who still doesn't understand what opposite to existing means.

I'd hate to go through all the stress and pain I've ever experienced again. It feels like just a few unlucky coincidences have already decided how I live my life. I don't think I could change much even if I could keep the knowledge. But if I had a choice, I would at least try, because even if I failed, it wouldn't be hard to get to where I am now.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping all my memories? Hell yes. I fantasize about that some times. I would be a genius in grade school. And I would tell my dad to buy Apple and Amazon. (But that would be cheating.) I would tell my mom to keep all the GI Joe packages and Nintendo boxes. 

I would ace school and pick a good career. That would be awesome.