Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone here an only child?

LED Dasher

I'm one, and on the whole, I'm fine with it. I have feelings of loneliness occasionally, but, I like having this kind of freedom and peace and quiet. Sometimes, though, it feels like it'd be nice to have a sister (I don't think I'd get on so well with a brother :P) to care for and be affectionate to... there's no-one I can really make very happy over here, and that can make it difficult for me to see my purpose in life.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not an only child but I kinda feel like I am. My sister is 7 years older than me and we never spent any time together during our childhood. She left really early from home and I was all alone  :(  (with my parents of course  ^_^). 

• Brohoof 1

I’m not an only child:

I’m glad I’m not, I like having an older sister.

Although I'm kinda glad I don't have any younger siblings, not sure why though. I was against my parents adopting when they were suggesting it.

• Brohoof 3

I'm actually a miracle baby. :3 They told my mom she would never have kids, I think because of cervical cancer. Yet... here I am today. With that said, I am definitely an only child. I like being the only baby because I'm a bit on the spoiled side, especially with my daddy. X3 It's reassuring because I don't have to worry about nagging siblings driving me up the wall. However, a nagging mother is an entire different story...

I am an only child. Sometimes I wish I wasn't but then again the shiz my friends have to deal with..I think i'm fine being an only child. But I would feel so bad if I married another only child and then my future child wouldn't have aunts or uncles. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm an only child, and I don't really like it. My friends say I'm lucky, but ehh..

I guess being an only child has a few advantages. You don't have to share your things, you have time alone for yourself, and there's less drama around the house. Although it would be great to have a sibling to blame on for stuff. :P

Being an only child does make it hard to socialize with others, and it's kind of boring being around your parents all the time..

• Brohoof 1

My parents are divorced, and i'm now starting to spend some time with each, at my mom's house i'm an only child, and at my dad's i have an brother, so i'm able to experience both lifes, and i would say i prefer the only child one...  -_-

Nope! I have an older brother. To be honest, I'm very happy that I'm not an only child, mostly because I really love my brother.

Although, I'm also happy that I'm the youngest. I'm not sure if I could handle having a younger sibling who is always noisy. x)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I feel like I'm the only kid at my step dad and mom's, but I used to have a older sister live with me but she moved in with her BF!

I'm the older child at my step mom and dad's,

I have a younger sister and brother and they both drive me nuts!

Edited by MLG4Ever

I was an only child for over 13 years, and although I didn't like it at first I got used to the idea of not having any siblings and began to see that there were upsides.

When my parents told me I was getting a brother, it was never something I'd expected because of the ridiculous age gap between us. I hated the idea at first because it was sprung upon me from out of the blue, but I quickly adapted. I'm almost 19 now and my brother's almost 6 now, and as weird as it may seem since we don't really spend that much time together, I couldn't imagine what it'd be like if he wasn't here.

So all in all I don't think I'd be devastated if I never had a brother and remained an only child forever (like I thought would be the case), but now that I do have a brother I certainly don't wish he was gone or anything. I think it's mostly about what you adapt to :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I happen to have 2 younger brothers (both of which are also Bronies). However, I do personally know some friends and a cousin of mine who are only childs.

I can easily understand anyone who is an only child when it comes to loneliness. Me and my brothers are practically brothers to my cousin (same goes with other cousins of ours).

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 1

I'm an only child. I have loving parents though so that has greatly minimized my feelings of loneliness. I still feel lonely pretty often but the freedom and space is fantastic.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not an only child,but my brother is old (he's 12 years older than me),and he left when I was young,so I was practicallly educated and grew up as if I was an only child.

• Brohoof 2

I often wish I was as my brother is annoying as all hell. But I don't hate him, he is just a great teacher of patience.

• Brohoof 1