Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Suspicion Section: Secrets the ponies could be keeping from each other

Denim&Venöm

Any ideas on some secrets that the mane 6, the princesses, the CMC or any of the other characters might be hiding for each other? Could be something completely wacky. Could be something very serious. Could be something simple or complex.  Stuff like things done as a filly, hidden interests and hobbies, true personalities, secret crushes, lies that may have been told through the series, deals made behind the scenes, actual names, birthplaces, mane and coat colors and even genders, family secrets, conspiracies, etc. Anything you think the characters wouldn't want us or each other to know, is for us to state and speculate (or just plain make up on the spot).

For example,

I think Applejack being a downhome southern gal is just a ruse. I believe she is secretly hiding the fact that she is a cultured literary scholar, who reads copious amounts of poetry, analysis political theory, and studies philosophy when behind closed doors. She just doesn't want her friends and family to think she's snobbish, pretentious or simply an egg head.

Your turn. Go nuts.

• Brohoof 1

There's 'rainbow' not being Dashie's natural hair colour and it is in actual fact pure white.

I like to think Zecora is a full on voodoo shaman with powers rivalling necromancy and that she's in the everfree because all the other zebra's fear her. Strange how nothing in the everfree dares to attack her or her house isn't it?

• Brohoof 3

Pinkie Pie's parties are actually kind of lame and nopony enjoys them, but nopony wants to hurt her feelings so they just keep going to them and telling her how awesome they are.

Pinkie is secretly the mother of Pumpkin and Pound Cake.

Spike is only pining for Rarity to hide his obsession with Twilight.

Fluttershy keeps the bones of all the animals who die in her house and makes funny necklaces out of them.

Luna is still Nightmare Moon, she's just pretending to be reformed and biding her time.

Twilight is Starswirl the Bearded reincarnated. Or at least his direct descendant. That would've been way more interesting than the Alicorn thing actually.

Cheerilee is a changeling. This explains her odd behavior and the fact that her character has never come off quite right. Fortunately she's surrounded by so many colts and fillies that she can feed on their love in small portions without doing any harm.

There, I think those are sufficiently disturbing. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• Brohoof 1

Rarity is a huge wrestling fan.

Rainbow Dash loves ballet.

Twilight checks her horoscope religiously.

Fluttershy goes into a rage and trashes her house at least once a week.

Applejack actually hates apples.

Pinkie is diabetic and has to take five gallons of insulin a day.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle suffers from manic depression, and Spike is a construct created by her subconscious to give her someone to talk to. After she made friends; he's still there, because he's a part of her subconscious mind now, a Tulpa, so to speak.

Rainbow Dash (props to ghosty for giving me this idea) is colorblind.

Rarity's parents were abusive. The way she reacted to them showing up in her house seemed pretty fearful, if you ask me.

Pinkie Pie is obsessed with parties because she believes it's the only reason her friends like her. Remember Party of One? Without parties, Pinkie is nothing.

Fluttershy takes care of several carnivores in her house. How do you think she feeds them? Therefore, Fluttershy has gone utterly insane from having to face the torture of feeding her animal friends to each other over and over again. 

Applejack... Yeah, I got nothin.

Princess Celestia has only her own interests at heart and is doing everything she does for her own personal amusement. Princess Luna/Nightmare Moon is merely an unwitting pawn of Celestia's machinations.

And now something from a certain fanfic I'm writing:

The stars are eldritch monstrosities that exist beyond the third dimension, which is how they were able to aid in Nightmare Moon's escape.

There's 'rainbow' not being Dashie's natural hair colour and it is in actual fact pure white.

I like to think Zecora is a full on voodoo shaman with powers rivalling necromancy and that she's in the everfree because all the other zebra's fear her. Strange how nothing in the everfree dares to attack her or her house isn't it?

Vodoo zombies and necro zombies are entirely two different kinds of animals ^^.

But could zecora have a dark side?

I mean wouldn't that be something if she turned out to be evil as hell?

I never even thought of it.

I mean evil planning on using acceptance and tolerance,

but what your saying is zecora has friends on the other side ^ ~.

Twilight Sparkle has secret pleasure in closely examining maps in her private time.

Rarity may or may not dabble in interior design.

Pinkie Pie and Applejack have a very strong rivalry regarding baked goods recipies. The Pies vs. the Apples rivals the Montagues and Capulets in intensity.

Rainbow Dash does all sorts of things with clouds because she is addicted to the sensation of feeling them.

Fluttershy's cottage is actually of questionable integrity since she is too shy to deal with things like devils root and blackberrys which have their thorny vines crawl up the house's tree trunk and strangle its members.

Big Macintosh has a comic book collection and is an avid Iron Man fan.

Shining Armor reads cookery magazines but he hides it with historical military tomes.

Princess Cadence doesn't particularly care for the Daring Do books, despite Twilight loving them and her mother being the series' author. Not that she hasn't read at least one.

Mr. Cake reads historical military tomes but he hides it with cookery magazines.

Mrs. Cake has a thing for honey. This is one of the reasons why Mr. Cake calls her "honey bun".

Apple Bloom is allergic to lime.

Scootaloo's favorite drink is pink lemonade but doesn't want anypony to know because she thinks it's too girly.

Sweetie Belle still believes that boys have cooties.

Trixie; TG&P's favourite colour is lavender.

When Twilight passed through the mirror in EQG she ate a hamburger in the school cafeteria before realizing what it was. Once she found out that the humans eat meat and she herself had consumed cow flesh she was horrified. Even though it wasn't her fault, she still doesn't know how to tell everyone back in Equestria what she did so she keeps it a secret (especially from Daisy Jo the cow). It haunts her and she has nightmares about it.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight actually hates books, and only reads them to impress Princess Celestia :wacko:

Applejack likes oranges better then apples, but keeps it a secret :huh:

Pinky is actually an old pony but because of a problem, she looks young, Mr and Mrs Cake are her children and she acts so silly all the time to try and convince everyone she is young, but isn't the best actor and overdoes it. :lol:

Rarity natural combination was brown and yellow but she dyed her coat and tries to keep clean as much as possible so her disguise doesn't get ruined. :D

Rainbow dash is secretly a colt B)

Fluttershy is a carnivore and only has her animal friends to provide her with food. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Scootaloo is an enchanted marionette that was created by a unicorn puppeteer who went nuts and broke out of prison.

Also she has an obsessive crush on Rainbow Dash but RD is too dense to notice.

Applebloom's least favorite fruit is apples but she doesn't say anything because it would break her family's hearts.

Twilight Sparkle secretly loves to read horror novels as well as the paranormal.

Lastly Fluttershy secretly has a collection of mangas that she reads in her spare time.

Edited by cmarston1

Pinkie Pie is secretly an evil mare genius. She only uses her parties as a way to gather other ponies together to become friends with her as a means to have them secretly join her pony army for her future plans to take over Equestria. The only difference is when it becomes time for her ingenious plot to come to fruition, the punch will actually be spiked, and not with a baby dragon. They will all become her loyal followers and it'll be a dawn of a new age.

What?

Don't look at me like that. We got a glimpse of her true face in "Fall Weather Friends," remember?

img-1968698-1-3a0f17e52f995fca8dd9a6a5b0

You all shall belong to Pinkie. Yes.

Edited by ePONYmous
  • Brohoof 1

Spike isn't really in love with Rarity but just wants to nom on her cutie mark. That and he secretly ate the crystal heart when nopony was looking.

Princess Cadance was born as an earth pony.

Pinkie Pie's kidneys are shaped like dumplings. She won't talk about how she found that out.

Rarity secretly enjoys combat sports like UFC, boxing, wrestling etc.

Rainbow Dash dresses in style is terrified of spiders

Applejack's apple liniege comes from her mother's side, her father is actually a renowned propane salesman

Edited by Franziska Von Karma

Well, the secret would have to be something that both makes sense for the character and makes sense for her to keep it a secret.  Like this:

4.jpg

It makes sense for Fluttershy to knit because she already was established to know a few things about sewing, and the two are related.  And it makes sense for her to keep it a secret for exactly the reason she gives in the comic: she's afraid of criticism.

How does she hold the pins?

• Brohoof 1

Twilight actually hates books, and only reads them to impress Princess Celestia wacko.png

Applejack likes oranges better then apples, but keeps it a secret huh.png

Pinky is actually an old pony but because of a problem, she looks young, Mr and Mrs Cake are her children and she acts so silly all the time to try and convince everyone she is young, but isn't the best actor and overdoes it. laugh.png

Rarity natural combination was brown and yellow but she dyed her coat and tries to keep clean as much as possible so her disguise doesn't get ruined. biggrin.png

Rainbow dash is secretly a colt img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Fluttershy is a carnivore and only has her animal friends to provide her with food. wink.png

OK, this one with rainbow dash is the most terrifying one. I'm happy that mlp would never jump the shark with this one but if they did i think i would cry. 

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash secretly has a major crush on Big Mac, but doesn't act on it because she worries about damaging her friendship with Applejack. That's why she's always napping in the Sweet Apple Acre trees.

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 1