Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Because Flash is basically a one-dimensional character with no development made solely for Twily's love interest.

In short, not likeable.

Voted against him.

That never stopped anyone from voting for background ponies though, did it? :P

Going for Rarity, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Daring Do, Flash Sentry, Little Strongheart, Photo Finish, and Bulk Biceps. Lots of great characters in these two groups. :D

• Brohoof 1

Rarity vs Magnum? I'm just gonna imagine this as a lightsaber duel in the core of Cloudsdale, with Magnum decked out in full Darth Vader pony armor and telling Rarity he's her father before she falls down and gets swooped up by Twilight's balloon(which means a win for her, just because). ;)

Anyway, also voted Sweetie Belle, my man Bulk Biceps, Photo Finish, Mr. Cake, Daring Do, Aloe, and Cheerilee. Good luck to all of them this round, but especially best pony Rarity, Sweetie Belle, and Bulk Biceps! :yay:

post-592-0-73885900-1390197196_thumb.png

post-592-0-79119600-1390197224_thumb.jpg

post-592-0-17483200-1390197274_thumb.png

post-592-0-69104100-1390197352_thumb.png

mlp_co___senator_snowflake_by_brainsucks

• Brohoof 2

Voted for Sweetie Belle, Bulk Biceps Snowflake, Photo Finish, Strongheart, Rarity, Inkie, Aloe, and Cheerilee.

Really sad to see how poorly Philomena is doing. :(

You can say that Philomena is having a cold streak this time around. ;)

@Sugar Cube

True, but background ponies are loved because they have no personality- fans can import their own ideas of what they are like.

Flash Sentry? He has just enough of a personality to stop others from doing so, but not enough to be good.

Now, I'm going to stop derailing this thread into a Flash Sentry discussion :P

Edited by Giggle@theGhosties
  • Brohoof 1

Now, that's not how you spell 'Twilight Sparkle'.  ^_^  She is Best Pony you know and she's going to win.

That's not how you spell Smarty Pants silly. I'll fix that for you...

Now, that's not how you spell Smarty Pants*^_^  She is Best Pony you know and she's going to win.

"If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain!!
If you're not into yoga, if you have half-a-brain
If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape
I'm the love that you've looked for, write to me, and escape"

Pi%C3%B1a_Colada_S2E3.png

Voted Apple Bloom, Opal, Gustave, Trixie, Spike, Thunderlane, Steven Magnet, and Vinyl Scratch. Seems Steven and Fleur are neck in neck so far, who knows who'll come out as the more fabulous one here? ^_^

time_skip_mlp__spike_by_ss2sonic-d4ztfal

good_morning_steven_magnet_by_johnjoseco

gustave_le_grand_by_mattyhex-d5jbblx.png

Oh dear, th system of voting is very complicated, how did sterling crimson come up with this

It's Round Robin, so there are eight match days. After the fourth, players who have more than four losses are automatically eliminated, and those who are mathematically eliminated are red, which means they still have to play for some reason.

After the winners and runner-ups from all sixteen groups are chosen, they are reorganized into eight groups and it becomes Round Robin again until two more are eliminated from each group. When there are sixteen, it becomes direct elimination. You lose this round, you're eliminated.

and those who are mathematically eliminated are red, which means they still have to play for some reason.

Because all of them are going to play the characters who can still progress. If I eliminated them right away, it wouldn't be fair for the others who could get a win from them and have a better chance of qualifying.

And there's 7 matchdays, not 8.

(edited)

More characters eliminated, most notably Gilda and Gustave le Grand. Now... we are on the last matchday of Group 4.

Berry Pinch

img-2228378-1-Berry_Pinch_ID.png

Twinkleshine

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Twinkleshine

Jet Set is Upper Crust's husband from "Sweet and Elite". Blinkie is Pinkie's other sister. Noi is a schoolgirl filly.

Edited by Sterling Crimson

Dang, Chief Thunderhooves and Noi are getting shut out so far.  :blink:

But be sure to vote for Cranky Doodle Donkey, even if you're a Republican!  :D

Non-Americans may not get the reference, but the Donkey is the graphic representation of the Democrat party, the other major political party besides the Republicans in the USA. So what animal represents Republicans you may ask?  The elephant.  The symbolic animals go back to political cartoons from the 1800s.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 2

More characters eliminated, most notably Gilda and Gustave le Grand. Now... we are on the last matchday of Group 4.

Berry Pinch

img-2228378-1-Berry_Pinch_ID.png

Twinkleshine

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Twinkleshine

Jet Set is Upper Crust's husband from "Sweet and Elite". Blinkie is Pinkie's other sister. Noi is one of the two Spa Ponies.

Spa Ponies: Aloe and Lotus (there is in fact a third one in the former seasons named Vera)

Noi is a filly in Cheerilee's class. She is evidently yellow on all features.

And I may not be the first to realize this, but where's Cloudchaser? She's a big background pony with Flitter; why isn't she in?