Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is the Great and Powerful Trixie so popular among Bronies?

Rarity Paige Belle

Actually im personally not sure myself lol.

I do like her cocky attitude,even tho i should be annoyed by it,tho i think its her voice i enjoy and that's why i personally like her. 

Also she's Great and Powerful,what more could you wan't?  :derp:

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Personally, I think she's a really interesting character with a lot of potential. She has a very nice design too. Overall she's just really entertaining. :D

Edited by Frostgage

Because she's Great and Powerful, therefore you have to like her, or she'll zap you or something ;p.

Idk honestly, there are a bunch of reasons I guess, but idk lol.

I just bought build a bear Trixie and guess what? She is by far the most popular pony that branch is selling! I wonder why? I know EQD love Trixie, but what about other Bronies?attachicon.gifIMG_20140711_233517772.jpg

For me, it's because she has glaring flaws, but just not glaring enough to be down-right insufferable. I think a lot of people can related to her moments of weakness while still having that spark of goodness that we want to see fleshed-out and expanded upon.

• Brohoof 1

I like her design, but don't like her personality. Although, there is lots of growth her character could go through...it may make an interesting story. I wouldn't be friends with someone like that...she wouldn't be my first choice for a plushie.

Personally? Trixie became my second favorite character in the show during my extremely brief sabbatical :derp: Why?

She's a very interesting character who bleeds not only charisma, but backstory. You know there's more to her than what we've seen explored in canon - and that absolutely fascinates me :D She's a very, very fun character once you're able to look past all of those flaws she has, and honestly, I've grown to appreciate them with time.

She's a lot of fun, pretty much. A character who isn't as restricted with canon as to not be able to have a (decent) fanon personality but also a character with a set canon personality who is extremely charismatic and just fun, believe it or not.

• Brohoof 4

I am not too sure but she is an interesting character. She is antagonistic, even evil but can perhaps feel sympathy at rare occasions. Her voice and design are also very nice as well as her motivations in life.

(edited)

that's a good question personally I don't like her because she is a mockery to great Unicorns out there oh and if you played Welcome To Ponyville and get to the part where you meet her and you decide to be nice to her its a real slap in the face 

here is the link if you want to play Welcome To Ponyville

http://www.fillygamez.com/2012/09/welcome-to-ponyville.html

and here is the link to my lp of it

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdrxyVtoZ_lnHHVgYC2a_1cZUZEKUYTkn

Edited by PonygamesFluttershy

Well, it's a matter of opinion; it's similar to asking "Why is Rainbow Dash the favorite out of the Mane 6?" There is no definite answer as everyone has their own favorite character from the show.

Beware the characters who are antagonists (or are antagonistic) yet lack a back story -- especially the haughty and arrogant ones. I get the sense some bronies see Trixie and believe she must be compensating for more than even the show suggests. There also emerged a large portion of the fanbase that saw Trixie as a proper rival to Twilight, even if Twilight barely acknowledged her presence. As ghostie mentioned, a lot of fanon has gone into elevating Trixie from a one-shot character to a fan favorite.

She's a very, very fun character once you're able to look past all of those flaws she has, and honestly, I've grown to appreciate them with time.

Aren't Trixie's flaws what make her fun? Without them, she wouldn't be half as interesting. (Really, would any character be interesting without flaws?)

• Brohoof 2

I like antagonists that blur the lines a little. There was this YA Fantasy series about a boy and a scar (maybe you heard of it) and he had a teacher who was a jerkwad, until you realized he was a flawed hero with an unrequited love.

Characters like Snape are what I love most about fiction. Trixie can become that, and thanks to some fannon she has

Aren't Trixie's flaws what make her fun? Without them, she wouldn't be half as interesting. (Really, would any character be interesting without flaws?)

Look past them in a sense of not holding them against her, not look past them in a sense of just flat out ignoring them :derp:

Without that over-the-top narcissism, she wouldn't be...well, Great and Powerful :D

• Brohoof 1

I've never been too fond of her, but she made an interesting antagonist her first introduction. But I liked her better in Magic Duel, which made her so mean that it was hilarious  :lol:

Personally, I would be happy if I never saw Trixie ever again. But that's just me, and I doubt it comes as much of surprise to anyone who knows me on the forum. As for why others like her, the main consensus seems to be her as yet unknown past, which despite being unknown, seems to negate absolutely anything bad she ever does via Freudian excuse or something. I'm going to stop before I actually start saying bad things about her. :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't understand why some many people like her either. She is really stuck up and full of herself, maybe her looks or something.

Edited by PineappleEmperor
  • Brohoof 1

Its probably because she always talks about herself in 3rd Person, apparently thats a thing for alot of people/characters in games and anime and such. The only gaming example that comes to mind atm of this is Desco from Disgaea4. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

People like her hamminess, but personally I find her popularity in the fandom highly undeserving

Also, unless your name is The Rock, you shouldn't be allowed to speak in 3rd person

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

Its probably because she always talks about herself in 3rd Person, apparently thats a thing for alot of people/characters in games and anime and such. The only gaming example that comes to mind atm of this is Desco from Disgaea4.

Because she talks in the thirds person? Ha! The JLmle rejects that notion! She thinks it's because of that awesome ensemble!

Because she talks in the thirds person? Ha! The JLmle rejects that notion! She thinks it's because of that awesome ensemble!

Now that I think about it. Trixie has the same personality as Laharl... oh sweet Celestia...

• Brohoof 1