• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I became a Pegasister because one of my really good guy friends introduced me to MLP-FiM. I was skeptical at first, but once I started watching the show, I head over hooves in love with the characters and the messages the show gives. What about you?

• Brohoof 2

I've known about bronies for, i think it was a year, they didnt bother me, i was okay with them, i just never bothered, then one day in february a site i sometimes frequent called funnyjunk was flooded with  pony posts,...so i got curious, i talked to my friends and found out that they both watched mlp (although one of them is not a brony), i watched all three season in under 3-4 days XD...well as you can see...here i am.

There is no why. Is not a choice.

IT'S DESTINY!  img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

"Jokes" aside. I have been a pegasister since I was a kid, I would literally drive mad my parents to buy me any MLP merchandise from the 90's. (Yeah I'm rather old compared to most bronies and pegasisters blush.png )

• Brohoof 1

The community seemed nice so I figured I'd give it a shot because it seemed like the kind of thing I'd get into. I'll admit it kinda snow-balled because I went from "I'll just watch the show, maybe draw some art, read some fic and get a little merch" to being kind of a fanboy.

I don't regret it through. 

I started watching the the show and liked it and then everyone started calling me a Brony.

And I'm just sittin' here, like, can I just please enjoy one thing without being labeled? That would be nice. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, where do i begin, okay so one day i was playing cod (before i found battlefield) and i was being a sexy beast on search and destroy and i met this dude and we started trolling togeather, anyway later on we were still playing s&d and some guy was playing a really fucked up fanfic *scootaloo's love for pain* (i highly recommend you dont look it up) and me and the guy id met earlier were laughing our asses off at it and we asked him what it was and who the youtuber was to did it because we thought it would be a good way to troll people, thats how i got my first lead into the brony world, turns out it was a dramatic reading by micthemicrophonezero, now at that stage i didnt know he was a brony, i just thought he read weird shit for the trolls, but then i saw some of this more serious stuff, (my little dashie, but the kitchen sink ect.) and i was like i wonder if the show is as good as this, so i started watching the show and here i am today sorry for the length but i enjoy writhing this story 784 characters (100 is the minimum)

I think fate told me to enjoy ponies but, the community did bring me into liking the show after I started watching the show in the first place. So, I guess that's my short description of how I became a brony.

Why I became a Brony? BECAUSE THE SHOW IS BUCKING AWESOME OF COURSE! BROHOOF! /)

When I became a Brony? I was randomly searching online for a new picture for my desktop, and I came across a Luna wallpaper... It was just so awesome, I had to know where the character was from. I search Luna and one of the things that came up was MLP:FiM Luna. I then decided to watch the show, and boom, here I am :D

When I found out about bronies I was like wat. I watched a few episodes out of curiosity and I thought they were pretty good. A year later I started watching some episodes again and I couldn't stop that time. Honestly if it weren't for the community I wouldn't be nearly as interested in the show as I am now. It just makes it so much more enjoyable for me. I probably wouldn't have even given the show a chance, I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Now I know.

When I saw all the amazing fan-made content I was amazed, I had never seen such an active, devoted community like this. I just had to be a part of it. Now quite a large portion of my Twitter timeline is pony and I'm 110% okay with it.

Well after i watched all the MLP FiM seasons and i realised that i really liked this show and i started watching some other fanmade vids on the youtubes and i stumbled across ''the brony chronicles'' or what its called made by saberspark and i watched it, i realised that the fanbase of this show looked amazing so i went for it... ( i have never been such an ''involved'' fan in any show except MLP FiM) i wanted to see what other people thought about the show and i wanted to share my opinions on the show aswell ( to people who arent douches about the show aka the people who just says its gay and stuff). I really like the brony/pegasister community it's hard to find such a good community these days.

I've played World of Warcraft for 8 years ( bear with me) and the community at the moment is just full of insults and cursing it used to be good but now i dont even touch those forums. hopefully the MLP FiM will never come to such corruption.

Being a brony also makes the show even more awesome, i love these forums and the feeling of being part of such an amazing community just makes me happy.

I was slow at joining the herd at first, it took nearly two years before I felt comfortable in becoming a brony. It was the beginning and end of season three, and Equestria Girls that made me want to join, and I was also impressed by the art and fan videos that I wanted to do those things too, I want to learn how to draw and animate pony characters. Primarily, I love this show, to me it is the best, with superior storytelling, impressive animation and the three dimensional characters, this is far better than the effortless pandering that comes out of Nickelodeon, Disney or the Cartoon Network nowadays, the ponies are not only cutie to watch but express very human emotion and I love that, plus the bronies are largely good people with heart and creativity to match, I now know that being a brony is all right and I definitely want to be apart of it.   

I became a brony last year when I decided to watch the show to see what all the fuss was about. Plus, I was very curious about it, so why not? After I watched the show, the rest as they say is history.

• Brohoof 1

I heard about bronies back in the beginning of 2011 and looked at a lot of the memes that were produced (I was either ten or eleven), but it wasn't until August of the same year that I actually watched the show.

I really enjoyed it, but I lost interest until right after the end of season 2, when I decided to watch it again. Fast forward a year or so, and here we are now. 

i became a brony because the show is amazing and refreshing. Never has a tv show moved me or generated as much admiration as my little pony fim does. After hearing nightmare moon's evil laugh i was hooked on the show, from the begining of the show i could tell it was different from a typical girl show or my idea of what a girl show should be but that evil laugh was the very first moment i was a brony. I watched all of season one on youtube and became a brony just in time for season 2 on tv, i saw seasons 2 and 3 on tv and have been a brony ever sinse.

• Brohoof 1

Why, huh... I don't think we've had that one before actually. :huh:

Anyway, the only reason I'm a brony now is because I was curious about the show and why people liked it, found it on TV, started watching it, and loved it, and continue to love it to this day. That is why I became a brony, because I loved the show when I first watched it and grew to love the community as well. :yay:

• Brohoof 2

I came to like this show by complete utter accident. Was at the mall with a friend when I passed a rainbow colored pony on it and it had the word brony on it. This was back in 2012 and at the time I had no clue about the show, bronies and whatsoever. I asked my friend what the heck the shirt was about and his description of bronies creeped me the heck out. 

Later that night I was curious as to why my little pony out of all things had gotten popular with guys... Well I said what the heck I will see what all the hoopla is about and to my surprise I enjoyed the first episode and here I am :P

Why...how do I define the why? Sometimes the why is only apparent later on. Well, I guess under these circumstances, I'll attempt to give you a why...

I was talking to one of my (at the time) brony e-friends in a chatroom back in the summer of two years ago, and he convinced me to watch an episode of MLP: FiM after telling me that it was better than most of the shit on CN. Since I was both bored and getting a strange feeling he was right, I decided to listen to him and I watched the first episode. I thought it was okay, and after watching four more episodes out of boredom, I still thought it was okay. After watching another episode out of unusual interest in continuing to watch it (and boredom), I started to love it, and I became a brony! biggrin.png

I am still bored though. sleep.png

Edited by CloudMistDragon