Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you find an older version of something cooler/better than the modern version?

Jimmy Page Fan

Yes, I do. Here's a short list. Only two things come to mind right now, that would be Windows 7, and Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy in particular, because they have just lost the magic they once had. I won't go into detail, since this is the wrong section for that, but I'll list them in the order from favorite to least, of the ones that I have played, anyways. They need to go back to how they were from 1997-2001.

1. X

2. IX

3. VIII

4. VII

5. XIII

6. VI

7. V

8. IV

(edited)

I prefer windows 7 to windows 8, 8.1 or 10. I prefer the older version of utorrent (2.2.1, specifically). Other than that, can't really think of anything specific like tv shows etc..although I do like the art style of the old dragonball z. It just looks too...clean.

Also youtube, if I had the ability I would use the one from 4 years ago. I fucking HATE when people change things for no reason. Hotmail and Live and Outlook did this as well. Firefox too.

Edited by Guest

(edited)

Mangas (and Animes), but maybe that's just me.

Hotmail, YouTube, Windows...

Some games like Donkey Kong Country.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I'm a big retro gaming fan, but I still love the modern stuff, too.  I also think that ancient warfare was a lot cooler than modern.  You know, swords and shields and medieval stuff and all that.  But that may not have been what you meant.

But also--TOASTERS.  I'm serious.  Toasters used to actually work.  They were well made.  Modern toasters are garbage.  I guess toasting bread went out of fashion.  For my entire adult life, my family hasn't had a toaster that lasts more than a year.  That's pitiful.

• 5 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Antique furniture. Old wooden sailing ships. Biplanes. Medieval villages. Old video games, I love the NES, Game Boy and N64 graphics! :) And I'm not only talking about the games I grew up with. Even when I play something that old for the first time now, I will like it. If it's a good game that is, haha.

But in general, a lot of the older things are more aesthetically pleasing. :fluttershy:

Most video games I still have trouble playing new video games. I can name 4 that I've beaten completely since 2017(Smash Ultimate, BotW, Metroid Dread, and Spiderman), nowadays most of my time is spent on older games, still going through a backlog of PS3/360 games. Regularly play more retro games. Most of the games I've been most excited for have been remasters and rereleases. Of the modern consoles, the Switch gets used regularly but again, most of my time is spent on remasters and rereleases

Pop Music. While I do listen to some recently released pop music at least 75% of it is retro styled like 1960s or 70s music.

Even classical. I'm sure there are interesting composers out there nowadays, but I'm generally not a fan of much of anything post French Impressionism.

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

2D Disney movies have a charm to them that 3D Disney movies will never have, animation wise.

I agree with that, Bestie!  That said, I cannot deny that Rapunzel is absolutely adorable. :adorkable:

---

I like the design of the PlayStation 4 and its controller more than the designs for the PlayStation 5 and its controller.  

• Brohoof 1

• Older Microsoft Windows is better than new Windows.
  • Older Sonic is better than new Sonic.
  • Older technology is more interesting than new technology (mostly electronics, unless it is made to work with the old, and is an actually improvement, an example, flat screen TVs weren't better than CRT for at least 20 years, so they are not good, having odd pixel ratio, being bad at colors, bad viewing angles, etc).
  • Brohoof 3

Video games in general. I feel they have gone in a tunnel vision path of photorealistic and relatively grounded games. They have a place, but over saturation hurts for me. I miss more creative and imaginative games back then. I find myself itching for retro games than getting exited for new releases lately 

adding to video games, and this is a subversion: Nintendo. A subversion because they seem to have gotten back on track with Switch. But for the longest time, Nintendo had lost it’s spark and charm. Opting to gimmicks at the expense of their own games, and lack of third party support didn’t do it any favors. Yes, I’m talking about the WII era

• Brohoof 1