Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Furries!

Miss Light Diamond

(edited)

Was curious to see if anyone else here was a furry? Honestly I hardly consider myself a brony anymore (I come on here now and again as of recently but nowhere near as much as I used to) but...I'm definitely a furry!

If you are a furry which came first, Pony stuff or Furry stuff?

Out of the two fandoms which do you feel you're more active in?

And last but not least...what is your fursona?

Edited by Spoon
Narrowed down the topic.
  • Brohoof 3

I am a furry :)

I have a tail that loops onto my belt and I wear it all the time!

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

So the definition of Furries from what I understand is one who is fond of anthropomorphic animals in general, and Bronies are fond of MLP:FIM.

You could argue Bronies are sub-groups of Furries, but the reality is that Furries and Bronies are two separate fandoms.

I used to read a certain webcomic with Furry characters (or do you refer to them as anthropomorphic animals/anthros?) and enjoyed it at the time, but I wouldn't have considered myself a Furry because I was only interested in that particular webcomic and have not branched off. I almost potentially became a Furry but didn't feel like it. Then soon I discovered MLP:FIM.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 6

Lucky duck! I've always wanted one of those! And maybe a headband with bat ears >u>

Hehe, here it is ! It is a black wolf tail with my pair of ears.

VFBS54B.jpg?1

• Brohoof 4

Most of my childhood crushes were non-human characters; especially mice.  Don't ask, 'cause I haven't got an answer lol.  But I went through something of an anthro phase years ago.  Though that's well behind me now, I think it was an important step towards getting where I am today.  I had some significant...  Leanings towards hoofed ladies.  Then I became interested in MLP before FIM ever began airing.  Then I fell head over hooves heels in love with Rainbow Angelbaby.  I'm not in it solely for her hooves!  Though her hooves are obviously spectacular. x3

I don't consider myself a furry OR a Brony; I'm a ponylover.

• Brohoof 2

I was a furry long before I was into MLP, but I am more active in the brony fandom

Most of my interactions with the furry fandom is for the "art"

• Brohoof 3

Despite what the internet says about his "past sins", I quite enjoyed Renard's music under the names of Kitsune^2 and Mayhem.

The only other connection I would have with furries is the two anthro OCs I have, Rosa and Chantel (one is based off a cat and one is based off a rabbit) but I would say I view and use these characters in a different way than what is generally viewed by the internet as "furry actions", and I wouldn't take the risk of putting myself into that group. However, I am supportive of however you want to spend your life and whatever fandom you are in is perfectly okay.

(edited)

I'm a furry. But I'm more active in the Brony fandom.

I became a brony first.

I don't really relate the two together. I can see why they might have similarities but I'd by no means say being a brony makes you a furry or vice versa. There are people who'd prefer not to feel like they're something they're not, and I can completely understand that.

Edited by Felix

I consider myself a furry only in the sense that I have a long-standing interest in the related body of art. The actual community, well, I haven't really involved myself in it, nor do I consider a fursona/etc part of my identity... so I don't consider myself a true furry, but I would be lying if I didn't have a tie to the group.

Though, I'm perfectly content to keep furries/mlp seperate both from each other and my real life.  :) Except when the topic comes up maybe.

Anyways, I consider the MLP and furry fandoms to be extremely different. They may pull on some similar themes/asthetics/ideals of acceptance and such, but both their origins and overall identity are still extremely different. But, I could see why many people may be both. Though I'm definitely of a the camp that being a brony does not mean you're a furry, or vice-versa.

I am but I'm also not. Much like MLP I don't really take part in the fandom but I like the design of the characters. As a side note, a lot of my favorite webcomics turn out to be furry ones. For some reason they just have better stories and often better art and character designs than ones with humans in it.

I actually look up anthro versions of the ponies more than I watch the actual show because I love the cross of the two.

I'm a Furry, and a Brony, and many, many other things. :)

There's overlap and commonalities between the two fandoms, but they're not subsets of each other because there isn't a simple definition for either anymore. MLP could be described as Furry, because the characters behave in anthropomorphic ways, but fandom isn't necessarily Furry as the Furry fandom encompasses far more than just anthropomorphic behavior and many Furries require more than that for it to count. And while the anthropomorphic behavior is core to MLP, there's a lot more that makes a Brony. Both are more than the sum of the parts, as it were.

• Brohoof 1

I consider myself a furry first because I've been in that fandom far longer then brony.

Otherwise I'm more active in the brony fandom then I am in the furry fandom.

My fursona is a wolf :)

(edited)

In terms of my opinion on Furries... I'm neutral towards the fandom though I have the impression that Furry fanbase is more associated with R34 than Brony fandom. In terms of furry characters, some of them could be visually appealing and no doubt there are numerous talented artists in the fandom, but it looks quite odd to me when I see Furry characters that are designed in a way with unquestionable human bodies with fur and colour change. To me, it essentially looks like an animal head was stuck onto a human body; what I said was stating the obvious but the image below is a way to describe what I mean.

VFSpmYB.jpg

Not sure if there's much else for my opinion on Furries.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think anthromorphic animals are adorable and I've seen many cartoon characters like that as a kid such as Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck, and Sonic. I kind of like athromorpic animals in a way. I actually never knew there was a fandom for this.

Edited by TheJLeeTeam

I kinda consider myself a furry. I absolutely adore the artwork (yes, including THAT artwork :comeatus:), but I don't get involved in the fandom at all, nor do I have a fursona. That might change one day, though :3

I will say, i tried being a furry but it was just too diverse for me. But the furries i've been talking too are extremely polite. Its more not my cup of tea ^^