Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Furries!

Miss Light Diamond

I used to call myself a furry, I still like the 'art'. However the hypocrisy of the brony hatred within a small percentage of furries just baffles me. One would think that non furries who draw hate art that furries would be tolerant of bronies. But no, the same furries draw hate art of ponies getting mutilated.

I know one can't avoid hypocrisy but something as obvious as that could be prevented.

I hope I worded that correctly :blush:

Edited by Nit Pick
  • Brohoof 2

I used to call myself a furry, I still like the 'art'. 

Same here! I used to call myself a furry back when I was a teenager... I enjoy drawing furries, I do have a bunch of animal OCs and I'm still active on FurAffinity but I don't really feel like I'm a part of the fandom any more.

What bothers me about the furry fandom is its excessive interest in sex. Okay, okay, I know. Every fandom has this kinky, sexual side, but furries seem to be taking it to the next level. Honestly, browsing FurAffinity with no SFW filters on makes me cringe. The amount of pictures of horse and dog genitals on this site IS TOO DAMN HIGH.

• Brohoof 4

I'm not a furry despite what the name and avatar may imply, but I can appreciate some of the content to come out of the furry community like (SFW) artwork and costumes.

I'd consider myself one. Since the fact that my favorite animals is a Wolf. A lot of people don't take me seriously since I say I am one. But I don't judge! everyone is perfect. ^^

I have the same opinion here that I do with bronies; I'm fine with it as long as it is passive enjoyment. If you get to the point you start dressing up in costumes and stuff, it gets a little too much for my taste.

• Brohoof 2

These a lot of talented people that are furries. I love the art work for the most part, I haven't really explored anything else. So I kinda consider myself a furry.

(It'd be kinda cool to be your own fursona)  :fluttershy: 

I have the same approach to furries as I do to everything else. If it doesn't get sexual, then I don't mind. I'm not a furry myself, but they're a fandom that has to survive same as us bronies.

• Brohoof 1

Well It doesn't bother me that much, I feel like people only think of furries in the "extreme" and over the top way, like sexually. 

But furry culture isn't really that different of another "fandom" or culture as I think I can call it.

And I think the furry artwork is way cuter than any other art you coud find (besides ponies obviously :D)

• Brohoof 1

I am one. The only furry community I'm part of is the Reddit one, and I'm not that active on there, but I'd contest that they're friendlier than the MLP subreddit. So, I'm a furry, but I'm not an active one, in comparison to me being an active brony(as in going on forums, I don't go around telling people I'm a brony).

They are ok people there's different levels of furrys not all of them wear suits all day or even at all. I'v seen some nice ones and a few not so nice but i'v also seen bronys like that its all most like there just people.

I know some who are pretty cool people, and I generally know of furries, as well as the stereotypes surrounding them. I don't enjoy most of the same content they do or at least not to the same levels of enthusiasm, but I don't mind.

Same here! I used to call myself a furry back when I was a teenager... I enjoy drawing furries, I do have a bunch of animal OCs and I'm still active on FurAffinity but I don't really feel like I'm a part of the fandom any more.

What bothers me about the furry fandom is its excessive interest in sex. Okay, okay, I know. Every fandom has this kinky, sexual side, but furries seem to be taking it to the next level. Honestly, browsing FurAffinity with no SFW filters on makes me cringe. The amount of pictures of horse and dog genitals on this site IS TOO DAMN HIGH.

What I REAAAAAAAALLY don't get is vore. That shit's scary yo!

• Brohoof 6

Same here! I used to call myself a furry back when I was a teenager... I enjoy drawing furries, I do have a bunch of animal OCs and I'm still active on FurAffinity but I don't really feel like I'm a part of the fandom any more. What bothers me about the furry fandom is its excessive interest in sex. Okay, okay, I know. Every fandom has this kinky, sexual side, but furries seem to be taking it to the next level. Honestly, browsing FurAffinity with no SFW filters on makes me cringe. The amount of pictures of horse and dog genitals on this site IS TOO DAMN HIGH.

I think that the furry fandom looks weird and creepy to the outsider but I think that the art is cool but the sexual stuff gives the fandom a bad name. All fandoms have a sexual side but the furry's are on another level .  

• Brohoof 1

I hate to be that guy, but we kinda already have a Mega Thread dedicated to Furries. 

https://mlpforums.com/topic/59649-furry-discussion-thread/page-55?hl=furries#entry3984240

But to answer your question, I think there awesome considering I am one, and have been one in one form or another for as far back as I can remember. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

I have no problems with furries. I only find it weird when they make it... weird. Nothing against furries in particular, I have the same problem with cloppers and other people like that :/ I just find it a bit... strange. And that's coming from a Brony XD

I'm not so sure if I would consider myself a furry as I'm never active in that fandom, but I do find the idea of anthropomorphic animals interesting. When I am checking out the fandom, I'm mostly in it just for the artwork, so as such I'm not really interested in fursuits and all of that stuff.

As for the yiff within that fandom, I actually don't mind it at all. Not that I'm interested in it, but if people like yiff, then more power to them. Admittedly there are some fetishes in that fandom that I find terrifying, but that doesn't really sour my experience in the fandom.

I'm not a fan of furries but I've ascribed to the live and let live policy regarding them. Especially since I was a big Brony at one point and I consider Bronies cousins twice removed of furries in many cases, I don't have much room to talk.

• Brohoof 1

I'm okay with furries. However I feel that dressing into a suit and walking around in public places is a bit over the top. It is a bit brave, too. I respect that they can do it, though I disagree with it.

• Brohoof 1

I despise their fandom, I didn't used to, but now I always will. My constant negative experiences with the furries warped my opinion of them. Not gonna get into detail because I know the moment I do, I'll be facing heavy resistance from the fucking Furluminati.

I might as well expect them now.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a furry and I eat pizza daily.

My fursuit consists of Doritos and my Fursona is a 15 year old who turned his back on the world because his parents don't understand him.

Furries are ok, take it from a furry

Edited by ARagY

I am not a furry, but I respect those who are. I don't really find anything that interesting in real life furries, but I like art of furries. Those furries are cute. It's just that I absolutely hate sexual furries. Furries are not sexy.