Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general When is your school start?

Allen

• 1 year later...
(edited)

My school year begins on Monday, August 22nd for my junior high school year; I will also join orchestra in public school once again in my former school district. This time, I will do 3 orchestra classes: 1 from that school district I will be enrolled at (Concert), and 2 from homeschool (Advanced and Full Honor). I'm very proud to be performing with them at their orchestra concert (as well with the band concert)! :love:

Edited by Allen
grammar

School went back into session for my university a few days ago. However, I don't start until mid September because I am taking an online class and thise usually don't begin until a bit later. This means that I won't have to physically go to campus; I can stay home and do all of my work. I normally wouldn't choose a method like this, but my work schedule has become too flooded for me to have time to actually go to school.

might start a refresher course this sept. but I'm not sure.  It's only 1 or two classes, don't know if that counts as "school"...  I would like to go back to college at some point, heck, maybe go on to med school....  I don't know though...

• Brohoof 1

Being in the UK and being 17, I technically don't go to school anymore; I go to a Sixth Form College. I'm starting my second year of Sixth Form on the 12th of August. See in the UK our summer holidays are tragically short, usually starting on about 20th of July and ending on about 7th September, giving us about 6 weeks. However, we do also have one week off halfway through each term, giving us 3 weeks off there. We also have 2 weeks off for Christmas, and another 2 for Easter. So in total we have approximately 13 weeks off in a year out of 52 giving us 39 weeks of education....unless you're in the final year of High School (year 11), or in College, where you'll often get a large portion of the summer term off for Study Leave so you can study for your impending exams that year.

Schools start in the first week of September here. Buuuuuut since I'm in college now, my classes start out in the middle of October. Hooray for 50% longer vacation! :derp:

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

The school year in my school district will begin on Wednesday, August 16th; but I can't let them begin the school year that early means they begin the school year earlier and they told me that they will end the school year prior to Memorial Day. I want to start off my senior high school year late on Monday, August 28th as mandated before they released the 2017-2018 school year calendar at my school district's website; but I want to exempt classes at the end of that semester means that I will begin going to school on Wednesday, August 16th.

I was expected to be the president of the orchestra group at my school when the school year begins so I can speak up first on the stage in my orchestra group.

And as expected at the end of the school year, I don't have to be a valedictorian nor a salutatorian at my school when I'm about to graduate high school after the school year ends. Straight 100's in all classes as well as AP (advanced placement) classes will be the only thing to get that valedictorian or salutatorian status.

Edited by Allen
"need" to "have"

It started on the 9th. It's just been three days and I'm already lost with all these courses! Now I just have to wish I make it to the next semester which will hopefully be my last.