Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long have you been drawing?

Grtxkkyz

everyone starts drawing at a young age... then there are the occasional art projects I had in art class... I loved sketching cause it was the only thing I was good at... I also took computer media class and learned how to make digital art and stuff... but then I stopped taking those classes and I didn't get back into drawing until 6 or 7 months ago when I taught myself how to base draw over the computer... ever since I've made what ever is on my mind and sometimes take requests...

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1

I used to draw as a kid, maybe every other day or so, I even still have some of my childhood drawings! :catface: I pretty much stopped halfway through elementary school, then got a tablet in January 2014, made a drawing every month, then put it away for another month. I didn't really start until this March, though. I think I did more drawing this year than my entire life xD

When I was 2 or 3. I think I won an award for art around 3rd grade or so. I started drawing more regularly around 6th grade, when school started teaching useless things I'd never use in life like algebra.

I had started drawing at a young age, for as long as I can remember really, tbh whenever I look back at any of my artworks ever they have looked horrid, I still have a few of my old ones from back in grade 4 or so and man oh man was it terrible, although iv gotten a lot better switching over to digital art has been a tough journey, often things don't look how I want and I'm often tempted to just go and draw it on paper so it will look better haha 

Hello @Dino-Mario,

As this topic relates to art and has the possibility for users to talk about what they've learnt, I've moved your topic to Visual Art.

-----

I've been drawing since in my early childhood. Around about 2 or 3, I believe. It was around a time before I could even talk, so I had to communicate with my parents by drawing out my emotions.  My love for drawing has grown more and more as time goes on. Because of my experiences as an artist, one of my favourite things to draw is thinking out the expressions of a character.

You can remember when you were 2!? I can't even remember when I was younger than 6!

I can barely remember a week ago let alone how long I've been drawing stuff. I can say however that it's been a long time since I started.

Normally I can't remember a week ago unless I think really hard about it but last week I was in paradise on vacation so I remember that like it was yesterday!

• Brohoof 1

If you mean seriously, pretty much around the time I could have developed the skills to draw so around 2 or 3? I've always been the artist of the family, It's who I am. What I've ultimately wanted to be forever as well in terms of occupation is get in to a field with cartooning and animation.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I think I was about 6ish years old when I started drawing, and the first things I ever drew were all dinosaurs. xD

I loved the movies Jurassic park and The Land Before Time SO much!

I'm not quite sure what age I started drawing, but as far as I can remember was when I was around five. I don't draw as often, because I became lazy. But I like to sketch when I'm in school, it helps me relax and ease off the stress. Sometime I feel like I can draw good and sometimes I can't. i would like to try paint.net or some program but I don't feel like I have that kind of ability/talent.

Here's a sketch I am proud of.

DSC_0106.jpg

For as long as I can remember I've always been drawing, nothing special just doodles but in the last 5 months I've got into mlp (so i guess im rather new)and it's just sparked inspiration in me and I just had a go on paint one day and now I just do it in my spare time my profile pic is my latest piece (I'm still very a mature though

• Brohoof 1

I've been drawing since I was a little boy. I got worse overtime until my drawings were major suckfests. When I was 13 I learned how to draw better and now I don't suck as much as I used to.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know. I know I've had an art account since I was 16, but I think I started trying to draw before then.

Either way, I still don't consider myself to be very good at it. My main problem is that the manner in which I draw wastes a lot of time, leaves too much room for mistakes to happen, and is generally frustrating and unenjoyable.

I use a much freer and way faster style when I draw simpler pony pictures like my avatar, and I should probably try to adjust my other "normal" style to be more similar in practice.

I don't know. I know I've had an art account since I was 16, but I think I started trying to draw before then.

Either way, I still don't consider myself to be very good at it. My main problem is that the manner in which I draw wastes a lot of time, leaves too much room for mistakes to happen, and is generally frustrating and unenjoyable.

I use a much freer and way faster style when I draw simpler pony pictures like my avatar, and I should probably try to adjust my other "normal" style to be more similar in practice.

you should try to draw my oc :)

I've drawn for about as long as I can remember. One of my earliest memories of drawing apart from coloring books is my dad trying to teach me how to draw a fish, when I was five or so. After that, it just kind of caught on; I'd attempt to draw the posters on the walls, my cats, and (since I was obsessed with pokemon at the time) invent new pokemon.

I stopped drawing for a while in elementary, at least on a regular basis, but I started again about 5 years ago, when I was between 6th and 7th grade. And I restarted with a (very unhealthy) passion.

I had a super artistic friend who could draw cartoons and ponies and just about anything, and me being super competitive, tried anything to get as good as her. I practiced day and night for a couple months, and stressed out whenever a drawing wasn't improved significantly from the last. Eventually, I realized how stupid that was, and slowed down to a 'normal' pace. And here I am now! :)

Edited by R.Q.

I've been arting since I was a kid. My mom used to sign me up for these programs down at the library. I've never really been that great because art in school never went into how to draw something from nothing. We always drew or painted from an actual object or a concrete set of rules.

Fairly recently (last year) I bought Pokemon academy for the 3ds and it taught me some concepts I never learned. So I'm still practicing now, only I use better techniques and I draw creatures rather than boring landscapes that were really the same drawing done multiple times.