Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weirdest name you've given to a pet

Grtxkkyz

One of our cats is called Channie, which is odd only if you know the reason for that name. My sister said the cat's slightly clueless look reminded her of a guy from school and named the cat after his last name.

My parents named their dog Cash after Johnny Cash, because he's a black lab. His full, official breeder-given name is Tidebrook Forest Pine, which is just slightly odder.

I don't think I have had any pets with official weird names but I have given a lot of them weird / random nicknames.  I have called my dog foot, shritz, Fritz, football, TT9 and Rough.  My old rats had weird names too like Paris, Maple (nicknamed meat sack), Winston, Eiffel (nicknamed sewer) and Roosevelt (later called fuher).  

i named my cat chader box becus he would not shut up as a kitten wee call him chad fore short 

sory fore the typ-os im tirde today

Edited by Hoppy

I've only had one, and her name is Mini. And she's a Miniature Pinscher... It's really very original. I am, however,not responsible for this.

I considered getting a turtle at the beach once, it turns out they were selling them illegally...

Either way, I considered it long enough to come up with a name...Shelldon Cooper...Ahahaha yeah.

Apparently this was in an episode (?) but I was unaware of this, I'm just a genius.

We have a cat called Colin, which is a brilliant name I know.

Also we used to have two Guinea Pigs named Orinoco and Bulgaria (Oz and Boo for short) and two gerbils called Cheese and Pickles.

Oh yeah and a white and black patched rabbit called Pongo.

When my Family got our first Pet (It was like Back in 2010), We called her Rihanna but I often called her Riri.

Yup, That's all I could think for a Weirdest name We given to a Pet.

Edited by Zachary

My mom called our dog Kebon. It was a move done in Tai Kwon Do, which I was taking at the time. for soem reason my parents got a dog and named her Bayou. Maybe that was her naming coming in I dunno. And I named my cat Cake. I think I was having cake one day, randomly shouted it and my cat reacted properly. So regardless of what his name was, I was calling him cake from then on. Oh and I had a California king snake. I remember he bit the handler at the pet store. So I called him Attitude. 

• Brohoof 1

Naming traditions when we were kids:

>Get a cat... (nick)name him Kitty. (technically his real name was Milo).

>Get a calico cat... name her Calico.

>Get a kitten.... name her Kitten.

>Get a Beta fish... name it Beta.

>Get GloFish... name it Glowy.

>Get other tropical fish... name them after their names. Angel > Angel Fish; Tiger > Tiger Barb; Rainbow > Rainbow Fish, etc.

We were bad at naming pets as kids.  :awuh:

Edited by ElementalFluttershee
  • Brohoof 1

Lemme think..  We called one of our turtles Fluffy.  One of my rats is called Fantom (yes, with an F) and the other is called Timmi (it's short for Timothea).

One of my deceased rats was called Kelpie (may she rest in peace).  I named one of my other dead rats Ten-Ten after the anime character from Naruto.

They're not the weirdest in the world, I'm sure, but they're the weirdest I've personally done.

Edited by greenflare
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't name him, but my cat's name is Chief. My brother named him that, as he was 13 at the time and loved that word for whatever reason (I was 6 at the time). People think it's a funny name when I tell them. :P

I had a Cat named  Fidel Castro, Got him in Cuba, Mo.  Another one I had was named E.T, because he was so different than his brothers and sisters.  

3 cats I have now are "Quill" (Gray cat with a black spot on his tail that looks like he dipped it in ink), "Sanford", and "Grady", named after the Sanford and Son Characters of the same name.  (2 solid black Tom cats)

Let us see, I had a pet rat I got off of a family friend that was named Fish

I had a pet cat named Nibbles because he used to nibble on my ear and hair (he stopped the moment I gave him his new name)

and uhm..I think that is it

Y'il, I guess is how I would spell it?

At first, we called her "little kitty" because we couldn't think of a name. Then "Littles" kind of stuck, because even when she was fully grown, she was very small, especially in comparison to our other giant cat. From "Littles" it went to "Li'l", and from "Lil" it went to "Yeel" or "Yi'l", because we all like to talk in baby voices to our animals, and we would often call her a "yittle baby."

When we were talking to each other about the cat, like "go feed her some water", we would usually say "Yittles".

Often times, when talking to the cat, it wasn't just one Y'il, but two, often meshed into one. "Yiyi'l" I guess? It's too hard to try to explain through text...