Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Workin' nights is rather weird.

Discordian

Normally you would work a shift, go home and sleep and then your next shift starts the next day but my shift starts at the end of the day and ends at the beginning of the next so saying "I'll see you tomorrow" is really "I'll see you later today" and it just...feels so weird compared to working days. LOL

No kidding, I've been working a 4pm to 1am shift for over a year now. It's always made hanging out with others a difficult task, especially now with college thrown in the mix. Getting home from work at 1am, then having to get up at 8:30am for school. Makes for the WORST sleep schedule ever :blink:

I had no problem with working that shift. That is more like a day shift because most of it is during the same day.

Me? I work 10PM to 7AM. Think about how much that throws me off. LOL

I'm normally a night person anyway but the fact that I'm working such weird hours feels weird.

Wal Mart, overnight stocking of freezers and dairy

Though apparently now they are switching me to days for the time being saying they need me there more.

Can't imagine why...I'm the new guy who is like five times slower than everyone in the entire store. <.<

<.< People at night are a tad unfriendly. I honestly would like working with the day side people again, the dude who works with days is awesome.

I would rather work nights.

I am a night owel.

• 7 years later...

I worked nights for four years. Never again, I hope. That shift made me miserable. I hated having to go to sleep in the middle of the day. When I quit that job and returned to a normal schedule, it was pure bliss to me. I felt like I got my life back.

(edited)

I don't mind it, working nights at the hospital is better than working in the morning, since most patients will be a asleep. Except at night we get more code blue... and then patients would come in for emergency. Weird shit happens at night, but not busy. 

Edited by TBD

Yeah, I've worked nights since I've been working. Everybody's always saying "good morning" to you all night and they're saying "today" meaning what I'm thinking of as tomorrow. 

But I definitely prefer it to sleeping all night and waking up early in the morning. And there are too many people around during the day.

I don't mind working nights. I haven't done it in a long time but I've always been a night owl so it was a comfortable fit for me. It makes it hard to function during daylight hours though, and all the stores are closed by the time you get up for the day. But if you live in a big enough city there are options for all schedules. 

• 4 years later...