Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Go Back To High School?

StudioUAC

Never...especially nowadays since teenagers are getting stupider and stupider. I already deal with plenty of stupid in the real world, why put myself back in it? I honestly think it is ironic that a place for higher education can claim to mold minds, but produces degenerates with awful booksmarts.

Especially in my city.

It'd be a heck of alot less boring, but I was plainly dumber in high school. I like to be smarter than I previously was, thank you.

If I could keep all my intellect, and somehow magically schools opened for everyone to go to high school again, I think I would go and do better than I did my first time around. I would join clubs, socialize more, and actually try to do well at school. (but I would probably change my mind at some times because I love videogames and spare time etc)

Never...especially nowadays since teenagers are getting stupider and stupider. I already deal with plenty of stupid in the real world, why put myself back in it? I honestly think it is ironic that a place for higher education can claim to mold minds, but produces degenerates with awful booksmarts.
Especially in my city.

Oh it molds minds alright, the other kind of mold.

Edited by Lil Pip

If I had the choice to go back to high school, I probably wouldn't. My experience with those four years were not that great.

My school years were good, and sometimes I remember then with nostalgy :). Maybe it would be a good idea getting back, but with the knowledge of what to do, but I am not too sure if I really would like to get back. Doing the exact same thing again might be boring. :lol:

Sometimes, however, I do dream that I am back at school :P

Since high school was by far the worst school years for me, I would have to say no. it is ironic too because High School was when I had the most friends in school and actually was developing many different interests, but it was also when the depression was sinking in as well. That easily made it the worst school years.

F**K NO!!! There is no way in hell I'm putting up with that again. It wasn't even that bad for me but as soon as I left and moved on, gained my independence, gained my disposable income and the school psychology is out of my adult life forever it opened my eyes to how much better my quality of life became. Also now my GCSEs (british qualification earned at 16), which they were convinced were the most important thing there ever will be, have gone out of date (yes, they can really do that, apparently) it just confirmed to me how useless I thought they were and are. A total waste of time.

Yes.

I did no work, I didn't try and I lost a lot of motivation.

I floated through GCSEs and A-Levels on natural talent, I didn't revise, didn't finish most exams, got crap grades and scraped into uni.

I had to do a foundation year, which was barely a recap. It was patheticly easy (wait we have a test today? I didn't know that!...... 92%)

Any work ethic I had evaporated and I had to resit the first year.

Problems went unresolved and had to resit the second year too.

I started to feel a sense of disillusionment with engineering as well as I learned more about the industry and my own interests in fundamental understanding.

Failed the second year resit and moved to Physics at another Uni.

Personal problems continued to follow me and I decided to quit, sort my life and my head out, get a job and come back later.

Alas that was 2008, in Loughborough, which at the best of times is a defunct town that is only as big as it is because of the university. Add in the recession and there really wasn't anything going.

I bounced from bar work to unemployment benefit, to agency work and back to the dole. Not much reason to employ a 25 year old with next to no work experience and no qualifications beyond A-Levels.

Everything collapsed and I moved back in with the parents at 28, almost exactly 10 years after I left.

Have a full-time job now and I'm in my own place, with an aim to finish my physics degree (and hopefully a PhD). But I basically lost 10+ years of my life because I fucked up my latter years at school.

NEVER EVER NO MATTER WHAT FOREVER!

I'm in high school (middle in the US) currently and i have to say it's the biggest waste of my time. I want to become a mangaka in the future but i never get to draw because of all that stupid homework and classes. I no longer listen in class anymore because it's just a waste of time. Instead i either draw or watch an episode of Madoka.

The people are ok but are really picky and fickle. I actually ended up with a pretty nice class though.

The teachers are a different matter though. They overreact over the slightest thing. I've even been openly mocked by a teacher but he never got fired and faced no punishment

Edited by LunatheNightmare

If I could go back with my current knowledge and experience, without a doubt. Even if I couldn't, I still would. In high school I just kept to myself. I floated through with good grades and no effort. If I could go back with  what I know now, I could go down a path towards career and life goals instead of graduating having done nothing and going into two painful and expensive years of university.  High school was so easy that even though it was unpleasant, it was much better than life.

F##k no. Never. To hell with that place! High School was the biggest waste of my time and the biggest drain on my consciousness Iv'e ever had to deal with. I still have nightmares about being suddenly stuck in high school after all this time.

4 years of being treated like a prisoner. All those classes are pretty much worthless now. So little of what I learned there has stuck with me. The same monotonous routine, 5 days a week, 9 months a year, for 6 years (middle school included).  It was soul crushing. I used to be an optimistic kid till I entered middle school. Now I'm a jaded cynic who can find fault with just about anything. Sitting in a desk for the better part of 6 hours, being talked down to like I was an idiot, in the furthest thing from an engaging class course. I used to draw. I used to be an artist. But school went and crushed that. The spare time that I would draw? I had to use that to finish my homework so that i could go home and not think about my day. I wasn't even getting paid. I would've liked some monetary rewards for all my work!

And so many kids. Some good. My class and the one ahead of us had great kids. Some bad. From what I've heard and observed, every class after ours has acted so much worse. But I didn't want to be around any of them. I just wanted to be alone. Not forced into a building with a bunch of strangers. I'm asocial. I don't mind groups. But I don't actively seek them. And being around that many people repeatedly for 6 years, quickly drives you to the antisocial end of the spectrum for a while. 

I was so miserable during those years. I was always told "Enjoy school while you can, cause real life is gonna be so much harder."

Real life is going to be harder? More than this? If I can't stand being in high school, then how the hell am I supposed to make it outside these walls!?

That statement, brought me my first suicidal thoughts. I didn't know how or when, but some time after high school was over, I was gonna kill myself, if life was going to be that much worse. 

Thankfully, I managed to regain my sanity during summer vacation, and then I attended college. A very different experience. I chose what I learned, and the material was fascinating. 

Point is, my time outside of HS has proved that those 6 years were a waste of time, time I could've spent bettering myself, rather then my grades, and that life does get better outside of high school. 

Yeah, I'm right there with you.

Let me just say that having to return to high school would be the equivalent of torture. There was not a single day that went by when I didn't think about killing myself.

• Brohoof 1

I'm currently a year away from my graduation, and since I've slowly (though now its becoming much faster) started to hate school more and more as I mature (don't know why, but I feel like I've matured quicker than anybody else in my class), I'd have to say no. It seems like a big joke to go back to a place that is full of idiots of the worst kind. I'm sure there is a lot more I could say, but with some of my own personal thoughts that I'm having in relation to school (especially on the students portion of the hierarchy), I'd rather not go into detail on such a public place, like these forums.

Edited by shoyrumaster11

i would high school was pretty damn fun. and i wouldn't mind going back. it would be weird going back after all this time

It a heartbeat. I was a fuckup in high school. If I could go back with the attitude that I have now I would have graduated valedictorian, gotten a scholorship, and would have broken into the STEM field before it was oversaturated.

• Brohoof 1