Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are we REALLY that hated?

Kothen

Like holy beans. I normally avoid Cringe videos because the reactions are usually more cringe than the actual content. But the results in this video

4813bf99c6.jpg

Thats Insane how much more we are hated compared to the other "cringe" fandoms

60dfc8d4e3.jpg

ee21de7af3.jpg

The others were pretty even split. 

• Brohoof 1

Who cares?

If someone has baught into the stereotypes of the brony fandom, let them.

As long as I know who I am, i'm not going to let a group of haters make me feel bad for liking something like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Let them hate.

• Brohoof 8

Well I still find it funny since the creator of the video is a brony of sorts ^_^ 

but the reason we're so 'hated' is because we're much more relevant and 'out there' at this point than many other cringe fandoms it would seem.

• Brohoof 1

Im not a furry, but is it just me that thinks that the Blue Dog furry costume is pretty darn sweet looking? Well made and I love the colors and patterns. (Then again blue looks like gemstone to me even if it is something soft. Such a deeeeeep color)

Considering that a lot of idiots/anti-bronies/SJWs still sucker themselves into buying anti-brony stereotypes, using ableist and homophobic slurs to reference bronies, and uploading cringe videos to bully them, I'd say so.

But if they're gonna guilt-trip me for being a brony, their loss. All it does is speak so much about who they are and not what bronies are.

• Brohoof 5

I don't see why we should care in the first place. Though, I think the cause of it may be that some bronies are more "in your face" about it. Some people find such behavior offputting, either way I'd rather some are that way instead of some fascists group. We are a diverse group, it's something I find interesting and enjoyable.

• Brohoof 2

He should be brought before the block for this.

Meh, my opinion has changed watching it a second time. I actually sort of liked it. It was just an editorial on the videos the fandom produces. And I do agree with them that the guy asking about Celesta being a molester and the guy getting slammed with pure cringe. 

Edited by Rainbow Dashe

I normally avoid Cringe videos because the reactions are usually more cringe than the actual content.

Same reason I avoid them. The comments that have made me cringe the most are the ones that say things like "we need a brony holocaust" or any comments about killing people that are [insert fandom here]. Yes, people should be killed over the fact that they're a fan of a movie, TV show, etc. And they say we're the ones with problems. Sometimes I think "we aren't hated that much" other times I'm like "holy shit, they do hate us that much." This is a video that addresses the common criticisms thrown at the brony fandom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rweyvTfS9zE

• Brohoof 6

The votes on that video aren't really surprising. At first, men watching MLP does seem cringeworthy. It's only when you actually watch the show and understand it that you realize that bronies aren't that weird. Most of those voters probably haven't even given the show a chance.

That awkward looking Applejack suit probably didn't help matters either. Show those people something great from the fandom, like say, the "Lullaby for a Princess" animation, and many opinions would change.

• Brohoof 2

Every fandom has cringy things in it. The thing with bronies is that they're very well known by the mainstream to the point there are documentaries about it and it's actually described as a phenomenon. I think that's what contributes most to the level of hate. Aside from that, I think the stereotypical 'love and tolerate' aspect of it seems like it would make the fandom a very easy target. I mean their view is something along the lines of 'fedora-tipping neckbeard manchild hippies' as opposed to the stereotypical fans of everything else which are often just 'fedora-tipping neckbeards', and if that truly is the view they have of this fandom than the number of stereotypes alone seems to warrant the hate.

All in all, it's not very important though. Just ignore it, because trying to fight it will only make things worse.

• Brohoof 1

You people really need to stop taking these guys so seriously. There are silly people who like all kinds of things. I admittedly find a lot of these compilations funny despite enjoying some of the things these people obsess over. You know when I was six years old I admitted to liking powerpuff girls in primary school. I believe I was mocked for it (even though I guarantee at least half those boys also liked it). And guess what, I still watched that show in the privacy of my own home. I didn't think much about the crap I got for it and just continued to enjoy it (and I was six years old). I suggest you all do the same. 

• Brohoof 7

There were people who hated me before I was on the brony scene. The same haters from when I was on the Goth scene, and even back during the Punk Rock scene. These days they won't say much face to face, my being nearly 7ft tall and 200+ pounds being the deterrent.

• Brohoof 1

I don't get much hate anymore, my friends are ok when I don't push anything on them (which is hard because I love so much MLP stuff), strangers in the street don't even notice my MLP shirts when I wear them. On gaming sites and pub games I get some love some respect and some hate but meh so do all the other fans out there so, bugger them.

The video in question I found funny. It's not a "Hey look at these retards, how could they like this" more of a "Oh god why do these videos exist" but to a theme. It's all in good fun, and I don't see why people would have a problem with it. However, the hatred has more evolved into disinterest, that it's pointless to bicker on the internet at a person you don't know. As for the Bronies vs Furries "More Cringey" stuff, I think it was partially bronies who wanted to see their own fandom move on, because a lot of the videos on Cringe Wars are funny. Simple as.

• Brohoof 3