n00bUltima

What was your first view on Bronies

I knew about bronies a little bit before I joined the fandom (a IRL friend of mine was one before I joined), but I never imagined how many bronies there were.

I already liked MLP when I found out about bronies, so I was very excited to find that there were other teen and up people like myself interested in the show, too. :grin: Quite happy!

Badges

I used to refrain myself from liking content created by bronies, but the more I watched, the more I come to embrace this fandom. I really wasn't open-minded at all, haha ^^.

My initial thoughts were that Bronies were weird for liking a little girls show. Also, I thought most were like the ones featured in cringe videos.

Of course, after becoming a fan late last year, I no longer think that.  :mlp_grin:

When I first got into this show 6 1/2 years ago, I never knew about bronies until a few months later. But I felt relieved when I heard about bronies because I don't feel like the only one who watches MLP.

I thought they were a bunch of neckbeard creeps, then I clued in so am I. Yes, that means we're the normal ones, and all the outsiders are the creepy people :mlp_icwudt:

Badges

First time someone explained it to me, i was wondering why people were just now falling in love with a creepy 80s cartoon series. Then I saw the show and realized there are different generations. Saw people were gaga for Lauren Faust's rendition and stuck around until I was reciting every song by heart. 

Badges

35 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

First time someone explained it to me, i was wondering why people were just now falling in love with a creepy 80s cartoon series. Then I saw the show and realized there are different generations. Saw people were gaga for Lauren Faust's rendition and stuck around until I was reciting every song by heart. 

I can still pop off any song seasons 1-4. I took a cd and burned the songs into it for the car. Played while commuting to school. It was so bad as I sang along. 

For me, heard through a friend. Was cool. Then I watched on a whim and bam now I have a room full of pony stuff. 

Badges

Grown men obsessing over a children's cartoon meant for little girls to the point of wearing fur suits  and carrying stuffed toys around with them.

• Brohoof 2

@n00bUltima

Because this thread is discussing fans of MLP:FiM, I will be moving it to Sugarcube Corner.

• Brohoof 1

I saw them as ponies weird as me. Finally, somepony that has the same interests as me.

Eh; I'm not one to be judgemental so I never really gave it much thought. If anything before I watched the first ep my mindset was something like "My Little Pony of all things? Must be a nostalgia think with good animation. I'll at least have to check it out."

Lo and behold. :P

• Brohoof 1

Grown men playing dress up as cartoon ponies and holding plush toys like security blankets.

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't really surprised. I mean guys have liked Powerpuff Girls and Sailor Moon. This wasn't anything stunning or bizarre to me. Heck, I initially compared Bronies to the Neo-Pets fandom at one point. 

• Brohoof 1

At first I thought it was something my sister made up as I first heard about it from her. Then I thought it was some ironic hipster thing (I didn't know that G4 existed yet). Then I thought they were kinda creepy, despite the fact I'm a guy who grew up watching Sailor Moon. Once 2013 rolled around I got to seeing the fan animations on youtube and eventually I joined the brony cult. ("One of us. One of us.") - Trivia: Which movie am I referencing here?

• Brohoof 1

My first view was that they were weirdos, and that ponies were a weird thing to be into, but then a couple of my friends pushed me into it during a break in one of our classes. I had no idea they were into it beforehand so it took me by a bit of a surprise and so we watched a few episodes before school was let out. I'd already watched a bit of the earlier parts of Season 1 with my sister, but they eventually got me hooked by introducing me to some of the early fanfiction and some of the fandom's songs and I was drawn in shortly after.

• Brohoof 2

Badges

I had a friend who tried to force it upon me, which was annoying, however I held no formal view one way or another of the fandom, I did view it as a bit unorthodox, but I did not hate it or anything and over time as i was exposed too it more and more it grew on me.

When I first heard about bronies, I was already watching the show! :P I first watched the show in later season 2, so I was pretty slow! XD

Badges

Well in 2015 when I used Ifunny still.. I was like "oh ok lol, thats fine" and kinda accepted them, then in 2016  I was anti-brony because hating on things was cool I guess? I mean youtubers like leafyishere made videos on weird people so I just hopped on the bandwagon. Then I kinda forgot about bronies until I was bored one night and decided to become one... I guess 

Badges

Back in mid-2011,I initially thought it was a sort of widespread trolling campaign to those who were not in on the joke; how could older men find appeal in a franchise known to target a very young female audience? On the second attempt in watching the show, I learned that the show did actually have a more broad appeal than I initially thought.

I was just like, "I fail to see the point in all this."

Of course, now I do see the point in all this! :-P