Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of Wings would you have?

Thermonuclear Kitten

Ello everyone! 

So I would like to ask everyone what kind of wings they would have if you, (IRL) had wings.

Talk about type, color and such like that.

Personally, I would have High-Aspect Ratio Dynamic Soaring wings which would be turquoise.

They would also be quite large and be full of feathers, as well have a shadow effect.

post-37021-0-62003400-1455036528_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shadow Elecktra
  • Brohoof 5

Well, since it's my life long dream to have real wings i have thought about this a lot and considered many kinds of wings. Firs I wanted dragon fly wings which have rainbow collors if light fals on it but then i realised that was way to fragile so now I'm in love with the idea of white swan wings, the type that can break and arm like a real swan ;) they do not really have to be able to fly really fast but i'd prefer to be able to travel longe distances with them instead of short distances on a really high speed. I'd love to travel by flying with my own wings and looking at the landscape from above :kindness: and i just love the collor white, it goes with everything so i wouldn't have to worry about matching the collow of my clothes with my wings. But not completely bright white, more like a cream or ivor collor white :)

Edited by Summer Breeze
  • Brohoof 3

Well, since it's my life long dream to have real wings i have thought about this a lot and considered many kinds of wings. Firs I wanted dragon fly wings which have rainbow collors if light fals on it but then i realised that was way to fragile so now I'm in love with the idea of white swan wings, the type that can break and arm like a real swan ;) they do not really have to be able to fly really fast but i'd prefer to be able to travel longe distances with them instead of short distances on a really high speed. I'd love to travel by flying with my own wings and looking at the landscape from above :kindness: and i just love the collor white, it goes with everything so i wouldn't have to worry about matching the collow of my clothes with my wings. But not completely bright white, more like a cream or ivor collor white :)

Gotta agree with you on this one, dragonfly/insect wings would be really cool, except they would break, and it would hurt.

I'd go with a nice pair of slotted high-lift wings, purple-greyish in colour. I'd like those wings where you could glide for a long time before flapping again. :catface: Flying is intensive, you know!

• Brohoof 2

I'm sort of torn between HAR and slotted high lift wings. The former because they would be useful for very long flights so I could cut down on my need for a car. (Not going to be flying in the rain.) Plus if they are like gull wings they are perfect for the windy weather of where I'm living now, and the windy weather of my home state. (With plenty of actual sea gulls to evidence that.)

The latter because they would be easier to take off with and thus are more immediate of the everyday fantasy of "I wish I could go up there" when passing a building or such. Also because they are the kinds of wings cranes have and maybe that means I could easily incorporate them into my crane style kung fu.

Then again, Crane style is just as much based on the crane's legs as their wings and really any pairs of wings would necessitate the creation of an entirely new style of my own! (Yet another pair of limbs to block or strike with. A quick flap to the face to disorient. Not to mention the leaps and slight increase of hang time could make for many new kinds of kicks.) So yeah, high aspect ratio wings for me. Color wise I prefer natural colors of the bird itself, particularly if they were seagull wings.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Chicken Wings.

Because they taste delicious. :)

But besides that, I would want to have wings that are made out of some sort of ethereal energy.

They would be easier to manage to deal with than physical wings, and I really really like the aesthetics that go with such a concept.

• Brohoof 4

Slotted High-Lifts, probably. I'd say grey in colour with a pink tint, honestly.

And knowing my luck, they would be the size of a book, making it essentially impossible to lift off the ground

Edited by Sansley
  • Brohoof 1

I'd have to feel pretty comfortable flying at a fast speed. As much as high speed is a fun thing, I'd probably want something slightly slower (but not too slow), so maybe the slotted wings?

I like the high-speed wings. They look just as amazing at rest as they do in air. The high-aspect ratio wings have a nice utilitarian look to them.

I do like the sort of biomimicry that occurs in aviation wing designs. The high-speed wing bears a resemblance to Boeing's raked wingtip as the high aspect ratio wings bear a resemblance to those of a trainer aircraft like the Tutor.

• 4 years later...