Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What's The Scariest Movie You've Ever Seen?

SuperBrony87

Hey every pony, I was just thinking... What is the scariest movie that you've ever seen? And which genre do you find most spine chilling? Don't be afraid. Come, stay and chat a while. I don't know a single soul who doesn't enjoy a good fear flick every now and then... Or is that just me? Do you like stalker killers, masked slashers, monsters of science fiction, supernatural thrillers. Personally, around the Halloween season... I love them all. From the cheesy to the horribly cheesy. I especially like them so bad it's good films. I recently saw Sharknado 3 on Netflix. I thought at one time. "Okay, flying sharks is one thing but a share in space now that's just stupid. Seriously there's a still shot maybe cover photo the hero in a space suit against a huge shark in space. Geez.

Ehm, I don't really think many scary movies are, well, scary these days, but when I was a lot younger, I thought the Jason movies were scary  :wacko:

I don't get scared from movies. I mean, occasionally a jump scare will get me to twitch an eye, but other than that they're nothing.

And don't just go and say "Well then you've never an actual scary movie, have you?"

I've seen quite a few scary movies. Well, it depends on what you define as a 'scary movie'. I've seen.... Hmm... All the Paranormal Activity's, all the Friday the 13th's, the Halloween's, the Nightmare on Elm Street's... I've seen The Woman in Black 1 & 2... Poltergeist (new & old)... the Exorcist (1-3)...

I've seen WAY more than that, but that's the most popular ones I think.

As far as scariest I've seen? Hmm... Dunno. Maybe Dumb & Dumber. So stupid it's scary.

post-30550-0-32395600-1468316745.jpg

Every Generation 3.5 film ever made. Ever.

As far as genres go I would have to list young children's educational films as the most scary to me. Seeing things like what came out of MLP's generation 3.5... Nothing really comes close.

• Brohoof 5

Idiocracy and The Room. The first because I thought it was a comedy, unil it turned into a terrifying glimpse of the future, and the second because I could never figure out if it was the most brilliant satire to ever exist, or the single crappiest film of all time (Even worse than Deathbed: The Bed that Eats, and Zzyzzyx Road).

• Brohoof 1

Many will disagree with me, but The Blair Witch Project. The sheer realism of that film and the focus on fear of the unknown is what gets me with the movie. I personally think it is one of the best horror films ever.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really see a lot of horror movies, so I would have to say that the scariest movie I've ever seen would have to be something that is considered to be scary to myself or to many others.

I shy away from scary movies because afterwards I'm terrified of everything, so I'd say the scariest movie I've ever seen is Poltergeist, which utterly terrified me as a kid.

The Hunger Games... in a way, but not really. The part in Lion King with all the death.. it used to be scary, but not anymore. I guess I don't get scared too easily.

• Brohoof 1

The Conjuring; or pretty much any exorcist movie. I wouldn't say I was scared when I watched it (this was last December), but it just gave me a really creepy vibe watching it.

Plus exorcists seem scary in general :l .

The Descent. The idea of getting trapped underground is REALLY unsettling... It creeped the hell outta me, and I'm not even claustrophobic. (The mutants, the gross gore parts and the occasional jumpscares were pretty lame, tho... The movie would still be scary without them.)

• Brohoof 1

I've seen two horror movies in all my life, being Insidious and The Shining. The scarier of the two is definitely Insidious. The jumpscares always get me good, not as far as screaming when I get jumpscared but suddenly jerking backward instead. It's an unpleasant feeling, and I often refuse to watch scary movies to avoid it, despite my dad being all like "Why, because you're too scared?". I hate being put into that situation.

I don't really get scared from movies anymore. Last one that kept me scared only kept me scared for a day was Grave Encounters. I def recommend it. Pretty scary movie. Other than that the last time I was ever long term affected was The Grudge when I was younger.

I use to make it my mission to find the scariest movies but I kept being let down.

I recommend "Lake Mungo" and "The Pact" and "Sleepaway Camp" (granted it's a pretty old movie. Despite what people say about V/H/S it actually really sucks. Other movies that are not scary "The Last Exorcism" "Insidious" "Drag Me To Hell" "The Conjuring" "Devil Inside Me"

Freddy vs Jason. Yeah, I know, LAME :dash: but first: I was younger, Second: that was my first horror movie ever xp. Nowadays, horror movies these days hardly scare me, but I could say that Hostel gave me a phantom pain for the Aquilles tendon scene

(edited)

The absolute scariest movie I ever saw was "Hellraiser". I used to steal borrow video tapes from my brother and watch them late at night. BIG MISTAKE! This film gave me serious nightmares. 

Surprisingly, the movie "Yellow Submarine" scared me too. as did the French animated film "Fantastic Planet". That one was far worse than Yellow Submarine. Watch this trailer. Tell me if that doesn't look like some kind of terrible drug induced hallucination.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 2 weeks later...

The scariest movie I ever saw when I was a kid was a dinosaur movie called "The Giant Behemoth". Not only could this dinosaur eat or squash you, it could project waves of radiation & burn you up as well. For a teenager or an adult it's just another dino movie. But to an eight year old kid which I was when I watched it, I hid under the covers at night for months!

Edited by Darthy Hooves