Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old are the ponies?

LyraHeartstrings

Lauren Faust once said on her Deviant Art account the Ponies don't have any ages but are the mental equivalent to human teenagers 12-18.

As for how they live on their own, its a cartoon set in a almost utopian society of talking equine, competent young mares & colts living on their own isn't anything too unbelievable.

And Pinkie lives with the cakes technically and AJ lives with Granny Smith Big Mac, & AppleBloom, so they aren't all on their own.

Edited by Stereopony454

I wouldn't say any of them have an age. At times they are very mature, as though in their twenties or so, but other times they act like children.

Edited by PinkieDaShy

Early 20's in human, which in Equestrian years, puts them as older teens (16 or 17) Rarity is probably the oldest out of the mane 6 and Rainbow Dash is the youngest.

Edited by Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 1

Early 20's in human, which in Equestrian years, puts them as older teens (16 or 17) Rarity is probably the oldest out of the mane 6 and Rainbow Dash is the youngest.

Personally I like to think Rarity is actually younger then she lets on and just likes to act older. I've always guessed that if the ponies were humans, Applejack would be the oldest, followed by Fluttershy & Twilight then and Pinkie & RD on the younger side.

Personally I like to think Rarity is actually younger then she lets on and just likes to act older. I've always guessed that if the ponies were humans, Applejack would be the oldest, followed by Fluttershy & Twilight then and Pinkie & RD on the younger side.

Well, you know that does make a lot of sense actually... I do like Applejack being the oldest though, so I guess I'll agree with that.

I agree with OP.

I also theorize that out of the group, Pinkie is the youngest as she is a year younger than Fluttershy, and Shy and Dash are the same age, also considering Dash was the first in her class to get her cutie mark, she is with Fluttershy on being in the bottom 3 of the mane 6 in age, and then Twilight then Rarity and Applejack being the oldest, as Applejack was the last in her class to get her cutie mark.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it isn't that they are 12-18, it's their maturity level that's ages 12-18. They're young adults so their actual age is around 20 or so.

I'd say Rarity > Twilight > Fluttershy > Applejack > Pinkie > Rainbow

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I think personally (this is going by human age)

Rainbow Dash - 17

Pinkie Pie - 18

Twilight Sparkle - 18

Fluttershy - 20

Rarity - 21

Applejack - 22

Those numbers sound very wrong but idk. Ignore the numbers but that's the order I'd put them in.

Edited by Galaxyzqt

I actually would say they were all around their late teens and early 20s:

Twilight Sparkle: 20

Pinkie Pie: 19

Rainbow Dash: 18

Fluttershy: 21

Rarity: 22

AppleJack: 20

they seem to have their own personal lives but some of them still live with their parents or relatives like Rarity or Applejack. Plus, given the fact that their learning about life and morals in life, early 20's and late teens is basically when you learn about those morals.

Applejack seems somewhat old.. maybe 19 (imo)

Twilight.. 18

Pinkie.. 6

Fluttershy.. 14

Rainbow Dash.. 17

Rarity.. 26

Lol just my opinion.. Sorry to you pinkie lovers D:

Dont mean to offend :(

I don't know that I could actually put specific ages on them. I think Fluttershy and Rarity are the oldest, though. And Rainbow Dash must be about the same age as Fluttershy. I think Applejack's in the middle. And that Pinkie Pie is the youngest. I feel like Twilight Sparkle is close to the youngest, but not quite because I think a lot of her "maturity" is from what a bookworm she is and not from age. She seems very innocent in regards to the world.

According to our wonderful overlord Faust, ponies do not age but range from 14-18.

If we could give them ages...

Pinkie: 17

Fluttershy: 18

Rarity: 18

Twilight: 16

Rainbow: 16

Applejack: 17

• Brohoof 1

My guesses in human years...

Applejack (23)

Rarity (22)

Twilight (20)

Rainbow Dash (19)

Fluttershy (17)

Pinkie Pie (15)

Applejack is undoubtedly the most mature of the group. I doubt if Twilight is old enough to drink. And Pinkie reminds me of several hyperactive teen girls I knew.

I see them being no younger than 19 but no older than 25, in the order Rarity>Applejack>Fluttershy>Rainbow Dash> Twilight> Pinkie Pie. On a side note, Spike and the CMC are around 10 or 11 years old, and Big Mac probably no more than 32.

Twilight around 16-18?

Fluttershy also 18

Pinkie Pie uh 17

Rarity 23

Applejack 20

Rainbow Dash 19

Huh, seems legit...I mean unless Rarity is older, I really don't like Rarity she's too whiny

I'm going with

Rarity-20

Applejack-20

Fluttershy-19

Pinkie Pie-18

Twilight-17

Rainbow Dash 17

Dunno why but I think Rarity and AJ are the oldest, Rarity seems the type to lord her maturity over her friends, whereas Applejack actually IS the most mature of them all. Fluttershy in the flashback seems noticably older than Dash, and where AJ was last to get her mark Dash was the first, indicating that AJ is older than Dash. Fluttershy would go in between them then and might be close to Rarity's age as indicated by their close friendship. I see Rarity as being the older one in that friendship so I place Fluttershy at 19. Pinkie is a year younger so she must be eighteen. As for Twilight and dash they seem to be the youngest of the group to me so I put them both at 17, with Twilight as being older mostly due to her being a tiny almost unnoticably little bit more mature than Dash.

Well Rarity has her own bussiness, AJ runs the farm with her bro, Twilight is still studying, RD has a job, Fluttershy lives alone, and Pinkie lives with the cakes. I think Pinkie is the youngest while Rarity is the oldest but the age difference may be only like 4-5 years at most, late teens-early 20's

I still think they are around 13 years old. Just because they live on their own and own a business doesn't neccesarily mean they are older. In Equestria, they have a different way of life, so I guess ponies can do that kind of stuff at a young age. Plus, they look like their around 13 years old anyways.

I think Rarity would be the oldest, (maybe 14) because she is a bit more mature (well, you know what I mean) and knows a lot about everything.

I would say

Rarity: 25-27 based on her having her very own business and having pretty much having her life planned out

Fluttershy: 23-24 based on having her own job but not her own business and her thorough view of the world

Rainbow Dash: 21-24 based on her being the head of weather and being near the same age of Fluttershy due to them being in Flight School together while still maybe younger due to her overly positve outlook on the future

AppleJack: 19-25 The wide age range being due to the fact that she apparently has the responsibilites of an adult, but still having some of the stubborn and brashness of a teenager and the fact that her being a country-girl means that she could take on these responsibilities right after coming into adulthood due to her reponsiblities being mostly physical(not that she isnt a very bright pony) while she could still have had a few more years after coming into adulthood to get the hang of things then earning her the position shes at

Pinkie Pie: 17-23 because of her having her own job and responsibilities, but sometimes not being able to handle them and the fact that she does have some qualities that people would usually associate with a child

Twilight Sparkle: 16-21 because of the way she still is learning about the world and thigns you cant learn from like friendship, while her vast book-knowledge and wisdom indicates that she has had a very thorough education of a college- student