Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old are the ponies?

LyraHeartstrings

Rarity (completely independent, acts as a parental figure)

I wouldn't say 'completely independent', dosen't she still live with her parents? (According to Sister Hooves Social.)

As for the topic at hand, pretty much what PonyJoe said.

I'm assuming between 16-20, I guess, but I'm hesitant to go as high as 20. Lauren's words and how the show has portrayed the ponies make me think they're all in that range in maturity and age. I know that there was a Best Young Flyer Competition, emphasis on Young, so I don't think they could be anywhere beyond 20, if going by human years.

I wouldn't say 'completely independent', dosen't she still live with her parents? (According to Sister Hooves Social.)

Actually, they mention that it's Sweetie Belle who lives with her parents. That's where the whole "Her parents are out of town, so I have to watch her for a week!" problem comes in.

I think they're all college dropouts... and Twilight is the only one still in college.

:mellow:

If you ask me there age (in human years ofcourse)

Rairty-21

Applejack-19

Rainbow Dash-17

Twilight-16

Pinkie Pie-16

Big Mac-30

Derpy-18

Mayor-38

Granny Smith-90

Miss Cheerilee-28

Celestia-2000

Luna-1850

Cutie Mark Crusaders-7 to 11

I figured they were as follows:

Twilight: 20-21

Rarity: 23

Applejack: 24

Fluttershy: 19

Pinkie: 18

Rainbow: 20

Since they're all old enough to have jobs and live alone...

I seem to recall "word of god" saying they were 13-17. We know for sure that Fluttershy is a year older than Pinkie Pie. This is reinforced by flashbacks to her childhood. In those, she looks a bit older than Rainbow Dash. Rarity and Twilight Sparkle strike me as being older. So...here are my final thoughts:

Rainbow Dash--14

Pinkie Pie--15

Applejack--15-16

Rarity--16

Fluttershy--16

Twilight Sparkle--16-17

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't lauren faust once say that they were "young adults"(a person aging from 20-40).They call themselves "mares"(adult female hores).To be honest their all fully grown horses there is no denying that.In the show not once have i ever heard anypony call them "little girls","young ladies" or anything like that.I do hear everypony call'em "miss","lady" and all sorts of things adult women would be called.with that said, i'll put them around 20-30 range of age.No older or younger.

For me it goes like this.

Rarity,Applejack(oldest, and they own businesses)

Rainbow Dash,Fluttershy(they both were in school at the same time)

Pinkie Pie(she's a year younger then Fluttershy)

Twilight Sparkle(youngest)

Then again Twilight could be older then all of them, idk, LOL.I'll stick with what lauren faust said(since it's more cannon) and leave them around 20-30.

Edited by ELRealBoredmario64
  • Brohoof 1

Didn't lauren faust once say that they were "young adults"(a person aging from 20-40).They call themselves "mares"(adult female hores).To be honest their all fully grown horses there is no denying that.In the show not once have i ever heard anypony called them "little girls","young ladies" or anything like that.I do heard everypony call'em "miss","lady" and all sorts of things adult women would be called.with that said, i'll put them around 20-30 range of age.No older or younger.

For me it goes like this.

Rarity,Applejack(oldest, and they own businesses)

Rainbow Dash,Fluttershy(they both were in school at the same time)

Pinkie Pie(she's a year younger then Fluttershy)

Twilight Sparkle(youngest)

Then again Twilight could be older then all of them, idk, LOL.I'll stick with what lauren faust said(since it's more cannon) and leave them around 20-30.

Cranky Doodle called Pinkie Pie "kid."

Cranky Doodle called Pinkie Pie "kid."

She never told her age, and by how immature pinkie acts it's possible for him to think she's like 15 (and old people usually call teenagers "kid")

I find it hard to believe they're not adults if they don't go to school.

Edited by Stewie Griffin

She never told her age, and by how immature pinkie acts it's possible for him to think she's like 15 (and old people usually call teenagers "kid")

I find it hard to believe they're not adults if they don't go to school.

Spike doesn't go to school. The again, he's a slave so he probably doesn't have rights.

Faust said that the ponies are between 12 and 18.

Posted Image

It says that their maturity level is between 12-17. Although since they have their own houses and live without their parents they have to be at least 18.

• 2 weeks later...

How old do you guys think the CMC's are? Some fans say average 10 year olds. And then the six main ponies are around late teens to early twenties... Is it normal for siblings to be 10 years apart in age gap?

I now believe that Applejack is older than Rarity, as she calls her 'kiddo' at the end of Sonic Rainboom.

Applejack seems to be the most mature out of the main 6, can't really say why, she just does. I think she's the oldest.

Based on the way they look as fillies in "The Cutiemark Chronicles", I had assumed Fluttershy was the oldest because she was bigger...well... taller than the others. It could just be that she had a growth spurt before the others though.

Really? I would say they're like 14-16

Also the term "young adult" is extremely vague lol...

It says that their maturity level is between 12-17. Although since they have their own houses and live without their parents they have to be at least 18.

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. Cartoons don't always live by the rules and regulations of our world, it could be perfectly normal for a pony to be living on their own by the time they were 14. I mean look at Pokemon for example Ash started his journey across the world when he was only 10 lol.

Edited by Hollowshield